• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's silly because you don't even need the POW block to solve this murder puzzle. You just have to go to the ledge above the trampoline, drop the switch onto the trampoline, and step on the switch when it's at the apex allowing you to go through the door.
"Just"

Lijik

It's silly because you don't even need the POW block to solve this murder puzzle. You just have to go to the ledge above the trampoline, drop the switch onto the trampoline, and step on the switch when it's at the apex allowing you to go through the door.

i think patrick mentioned that he tried that but he just cant crack the timing

ACTUALLY he hasn't, because the cannon still despawns and shoots left when he comes back. He thinks he has it, but he doesn't. He needs to kill the dry bones on the second run to that room.

Jefflr is down, so you have to rip the stream manually. Here's my mp3 https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbt4by2liwod9rz/jeff.mp3?dl=0
Thank you both!

If he pushes it to the right, there is room on the left to pick up the trampoline.

Ah, I see. Interesting, unintended solution.

This game is so fucking good. It'll be on my top 10 despite my never playing it, I don't give a dang!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Now why did he restart when he had everything set up how he wanted to? Are we getting played like a damn fiddle??

Who genuinely thinks he cheated? I'm curious.

I don't think he knowingly cheated, as in seeked out and watched a playthrough of it... but I do think he saw or was told something that led him in the right direction. Maybe in the chat, maybe somebody texted him, but he saw something.

He saw something.

demidar

I don't think he knowingly cheated, as in seeked out and watched a playthrough of it... but I do think he saw or was told something that led him in the right direction. Maybe in the chat, maybe somebody texted him, but he saw something.

He saw something.

Nothing like accusations to really spice up a feud.

Or is it a work?!

11350954_1074642142570260_2015916168_n.jpg
oh my god young Swery

is this the part where Dan starts juicing and punching electronics while Patrick is lifting logs and outrunning the KGB in the snow? Or has Patrick already ended the cold war by himself

f0rk

He saw something.
Even if this is true I don't think it's any worse than Dan having a lot of help testing the level.

Par Score

If he kills the Dry Bones with the Trampoline launcher on it's back and then leaves that area, he has screwed up, because the whole launcher will respawn in it's original position and screw him.

It doesn't matter what clever tricks he uses, once he leaves with the P-Switch to get the POW Block it's all for naught if he's killed the Dry Bones.

How quickly he figures that out is basically the make or break at this point.

If Patrick's progress is a result of cheating or hints, he's certainly made the stream more entertaining than the alternative--watching him pointlessly fuck around in the underworld for three days. So I'm all for it.

If Patrick's progress is a result of cheating or hints, he's certainly made the stream more entertaining than the alternative--watching him pointlessly fuck around in the underworld for three days. So I'm all for it.

its that he would have to pretend he wasn't cheating for hours just to not give dan the satisfaction of knowing that he did. Which seems like a bit much.

I often need to put a game down and when i come back to it I suddenly conquer areas that were busting my balls the last time i played. I call it The Swapper Effect and i wouldn't be shocked if some of that was happening here.

its that he would have to pretend he wasn't cheating for hours just to not give dan the satisfaction of knowing that he did. Which seems like a bit much.

I often need to put a game down and when i come back to it I suddenly conquer areas that were busting my balls the last time i played. I call it The Swapper Effect and i wouldn't be shocked if some of that was happening here.
the crap nap

Yeah, that's what I think as well. People seem to be completely convinced that Patrick figuring things out off of the stream (or even while broadcasting) MUST mean that he cracked open the editor. And at this point he's poured probably 6-7 hours into this thing so far, it's not like he's stumbling upon a solution every five minutes.

DamnBoxes

The tinfoil hatters say it's all a work.

Patrick has been to the end of the level. He has informed Dan.

Patrick is, off stream, really good at jumping on the music note blocks.

Patrick will complete the level just before the 72 hours are up as the charity money continues to pour in.

The money will be cut in half and both charities will benefit.

damn_fiddle_by_derzocker-d99fw7r.gif

The tinfoil hatters say it's all a work.

Patrick has been to the end of the level. He has informed Dan.

Patrick is, off stream, really good at jumping on the music note blocks.

Patrick will complete the level just before the 72 hours are up as the charity money continues to pour in.

The money will be cut in half and both charities will benefit.

damn_fiddle_by_derzocker-d99fw7r.gif
I still think that scene would be better if Miller had made a fiddle playing motion while he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom