• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

But neither tops "go get a sun tan."

"Everything's always a surprise on some level, right?" is right up there with "We're not part of your weird asshole thing" as quote of the year.

Well now I need to know where those quotes are from.

I really wish there was a list somewhere of just all the best GB moments, or maybe if we all voted on them and made a Top 100 or something. I know there's that list in the OP, but I want a comprehensive ranked one.

Brad pretty much said it was unplayable due to how the character handled where I had absolutely no issue with it for the entire game and didn't even notice that huge of a difference when they made changes. Dan seemed like the only one who really was enjoying it and only stopped because other games came up.
Brad also said that he put up with the movement because he thought the was fantastic. You're also forgetting that Jason enjoyed it.

if I ever ran into Gerstmann unexpectedly I'd go off about how I "love the site" and then before I left, ask him why they "don't do the Hotspot" anymore

erawsd

Damn, 39 hours to finish the story and do 60 side ops sounds crazy fast, it took me like 80 hours to hit that point.

The Main quest and 70something sideops took me ~47hrs. Once I learned that I wasnt graded on the side ops and I could Return to ACC immediately, I took a crash and grab approach. I set Quiet to attack while I rushed the objective.

I finished the Witcher 3 on death march in 55 hours so I think I just have a habit of avoiding wasting my time with typical open world bs. Although I completely ignored Quint of Gwent or whatever.

I fucking demand a DQ Heroes quick look.
It looks so damn good, will probably pick it up just to support the series in the west even though I have zero time to play it.

I finished the Witcher 3 on death march in 55 hours so I think I just have a habit of avoiding wasting my time with typical open world bs. Although I completely ignored Quint of Gwent or whatever.

You fool. The Witcher 3 is nothing more than a bloated wrapper client for Gwent, the 2015 GOTY.

Jeff visits a very friendly Best Buy. I liked the "do you need any help" when he said something to the Mixlr which would have looked like he was just talking to himself like a crazy person.

AcridMeat

Banned
*shakes head*

bildschirmfoto2015-10rgswa.png
I'm tempted to actually go to this
with a pro Klepek sign
and I'm not a wrestling fan.
and Dr Octagonecologist might not even been Keith's best album!

it also might be. but everybody sleeps on Black Elvis/Lost in Space
Black Elvis is so damn good. Did you listen to the L'Orange album he collaborated on from this year?

Jeff visits a very friendly Best Buy. I liked the "do you need any help" when he said something to the Mixlr which would have looked like he was just talking to himself like a crazy person.

the ones around me are all like that. you can't take four steps without a new employee trying to help you

dudes, you're wearing bright blue shirts, if I need assistance I'm sure I can find one of you

Yeah, it's kind of annoying. I'm just trying to buy something on the quick and they try to chat me up about everything.

The other day the clerk checking me out asked me if I was trying to quit smoking because I looked like a smoker(I had a toothpick in my mouth)
And I quit a year ago

The Main quest and 70something sideops took me ~47hrs. Once I learned that I wasnt graded on the side ops and I could Return to ACC immediately, I took a crash and grab approach. I set Quiet to attack while I rushed the objective.
That makes sense, I spent a lot of time just running/driving between objectives rather than returning to the ACC or even using the box fast travel.
STOP MAKING ME REMEMBER HOW WRONG I AM!! I tend to only remember the hate for some reason :\ Did Vinny every finish it?

I don't think so, I don't think that we know how far any of the GBeast guys were able to get as they didn't really talk about it much after the first week or two.

Is a toothpick in your mouth a sign you're a smoker?
I think so? I know I started chewing them constantly to stop me from grinding my teeth and nails to bits when I first quit.

On the other hand I also have long hair/man bun so maybe I just look like someone who would smoke in general, lol. Either way, really rude.

Wtf, who still goes to retail stores? Id have to be pretty desperate to step foot in one.
It takes me 15 minutes to drive to best buy and I get the discount there for when I buy console games. My USPS truck comes anywhere between 11AM and 7PM so it's not always convenient for when I want to play something new.

TraBuch

Banned
I was thinking of buying getting that Gamers Club unlocked thing from Best Buy. Do I need to be a rewards zone thing member?

GavinGT

Banned
Well now I need to know where those quotes are from.

I really wish there was a list somewhere of just all the best GB moments, or maybe if we all voted on them and made a Top 100 or something. I know there's that list in the OP, but I want a comprehensive ranked one.

The sun tan one is from their last E3 drive. The weird asshole one is from the second Rocket League stream.

Zaph

The fact Amazon Now is just included with Prime at no extra cost still blows my mind.

My xbox controller broke and I got one delivered at 9pm that night with no delivery charge. I kinda felt bad making some dude courier a bloody controller, but I really wanted to keep playing MGSV.

The fact Amazon Now is just included with Prime at no extra cost still blows my mind.

My xbox controller broke and I got one delivered at 9pm that night with no delivery charge. I kinda felt bad making some dude courier a bloody controller, but I really wanted to keep playing MGSV.

Don't feel bad for them, Prime Now delivery drivers get like $18 an hour, are compensated for gas, and set their own schedule. It's a pretty good gig.

I thought Witcher 3 wasn't anything special, and the control pre-patch was disgusting (I haven't actually played the game post patch because I just couldn't).

fite me

Is there anyone that likes the combat of the Witcher 3? Or do people just like it because the story? I got like 20 hours in and just found the combat too shallow to keep me engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom