• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone that likes the combat of the Witcher 3? Or do people just like it because the story? I got like 20 hours in and just found the combat too shallow to keep me engaged.

I love it. I thought it was just ok for a long time, but once I started unlocking the higher-tier combat abilities it totally clicked. I think it takes too long to get to that point, though.

Is there anyone that likes the combat of the Witcher 3? Or do people just like it because the story? I got like 20 hours in and just found the combat too shallow to keep me engaged.
I liked it, being surrounded by a bunch of dudes and chaining together strikes and setting them on fire.

Hey everyone, I added notes to the OP for about how to join our PS4 and Steam communities.
Too much steps to join steam

Teddified

Heart of Stone tho... Giant Spiders and Boars oh my

Been great so far and I barely touched the main quest, just messing around in the little areas and ? they added.

Also did some quest about Former
Order of the Flaming Rose that was pretty good.
I had to turn the difficulty down to normal for the fight though kept getting my ass handed to me.

As someone who thinks the Witcher 3 is the best game that has been released in years, I will never try to convince someone who is turned off by some of its clunkiness that they should continue on. If the characters and storyline don't grab you in the beginning and the controls are a huge hurdle, it's probably just not for you.

Personally, I found Geralt's controls to be awkward at first but something that you can totally get used to and once I had a grasp on how to deal with its sluggishness, I actually enjoyed combat as I focused more on other signs instead of just tanking with Quen and brute forcing melee. That being said, I can 100% understand why someone would have no desire to get used to that sluggishness. The one aspect of the controls that was a frustration for me from beginning to the end was controlling that goddamn horse, Roach. He did everything he could to get stuck on every little damn thing. Anytime I'd whistle for him, he'd find some way to spawn in the most awkward location imaginable.

I absolutely adore the game though. Nothing came close to dethroning it for me, even though I thoroughly enjoyed MGSV for pretty much the complete opposite reasons.

As someone who thinks the Witcher 3 is the best game that has been released in years, I will never try to convince someone who is turned off by some of its clunkiness that they should continue on. If the characters and storyline don't grab you in the beginning and the controls are a huge hurdle, it's probably just not for you.

Personally, I found Geralt's controls to be awkward at first but something that you can totally get used to and once I had a grasp on how to deal with it's sluggishness, I actually enjoyed combat as I focused more on other signs instead of just tanking with Quen and brute forcing melee. That being said, I can 100% understand why someone would have no desire to get used to that sluggishness. The one aspects of the controls that were a frustration from beginning to the end for me was controlling that goddamn horse, Roach. He did everything he could to get stuck on every little damn thing. Anytime I'd whistle for him, he'd find some way to spawn in the most awkward location imaginable.

I absolutely adore the game though. Nothing came close to dethroning it for me, even though I thoroughly enjoyed MGSV for pretty much the complete opposite reasons.

the witcher games cannot shake off their eurojank nature. I still need to play TW3 but TW2 was such a fantastic experience that i could overlook how technically messed up it was at times. I dunno, i've played worse so the jank doesn't bother me much

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone can link me to a hard drive for a Wii U that's not that big(since it's the wii U and I don't intend to download that much) that comes with everything I need? Basically so I don't have to buy a Y cable
Did Jeff seriously buy $324 worth of LEGO Dimensions stuff?!

Just getting what I wanted I spent about 160 and thats just the base game and the two play sets. I regret that a lot more than Tony Hawk despite enjoying the game mostly

I wonder how much cash Jason is going to pump into the Friday the 13th Kickstarter.

For a second I thought you were talking about the Bombcast, but nothing stops the Bombcast!

how could you think it was anything other than alt-f1

the paragons of comedic innovation in this thread make it so that it's probably more often referred to as "podcast" than its actual name

My issue with Lego Dimension is, with Amiibo/Skylanders/Disney Infinity you're getting a cool figure at the least. They seem pretty solidly made and are detailed. Lego are just so simple that I can't imagine getting any real satisfaction from the figures for the game. Lego figures have to look like Lego so they can't be very detailed or complex. It's a basic looking Lego figure on a stand, as opposed to a detail figured for the other games.

AcridMeat

Banned
84Z5Z55.gif

Xater

how could you think it was anything other than alt-f1

the paragons of comedic innovation in this thread make it so that it's probably more often referred to as "podcast" than its actual name

It was just for a second. I have 4 long days at the board game fair behind me. Give me some slack.

My issue with Lego Dimension is, with Amiibo/Skylanders/Disney Infinity you're getting a cool figure at the least. They seem pretty solidly made and are detailed. Lego are just so simple that I can't imagine getting any real satisfaction from the figures for the game. Lego figures have to look like Lego so they can't be very detailed or complex. It's a basic looking Lego figure on a stand, as opposed to a detail figured for the other games.

I think exactly the opposite. I think the Lego approach is way better, because it actually adds play to the figure part. Calling those other things toys always was a stretch to me. They are figures and not really great to play with. The Lego stuff you have to build and you can just use to do normal Lego stuff with.

Too much steps to join steam
I've been monked, you were one of the people who suggested making one.

If it's a unique set I can see the appeal of it, other than that I agree with you.

KingKong

Its funny, I dislike most systems in Witcher 3 like the combat, movement, crafting, skills, inventory and loot but its still my GOTY

why not both. im that confident that Destiny will get at least one mention, even if it's in a passing sense

I won't do money but i'll do avatar. Brad usually starts the Destiny discussion. I think Dan and Jeff will have been too preoccupied with Mario Maker and other games to bring it up.

2 week bet?

Teddified

Most of them have been playing destiny TTK and Dan even mentioned TTK as a refence during the last Arcade Archive. They'll probably talk about it during the what we played section.

Tharp has a gambling problem.

It's not a problem, you have a problem!

After beating Myggen I want to find a use for the other avatars in my "Myggen anime avatars" folder.

sure, but i'll be honest, i dont even have avatars on so it doesnt matter to be either way lol

Pft that's a bit against the spirit of it but fine.

Most of them have been playing destiny TTK and Dan even mentioned TTK as a refence during the last Arcade Archive. They'll probably talk about it during the what we played section.

Dan mentioned his interest waned after watching the raid. Jeff doesn't usually play more after he does the raid. I doubt Drew has been playing it in his free time.

Witcher 3 was nearly my GOTY but then MGS5 happened and I spent a hundred hours putting balloons on things. I slid down a hill in a cardboard box. I exploded an entire squad by shooting a rocket punch. I made my horse poop on command. I made my dog put balloons on things. I shot unconscious men in the crotch with a water pistol. I hid in a portie pottie and played a tape of a man having explosive diarrhea. I learned the secret to the perfect burger. I put a sticker of an anime lady on a cardboard box and used it to distract Russian Spetsnaz special forces before putting balloons on them.

Mechanics > story, any day. Witcher 3's is so well done it takes number 2 on the GOTY list though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom