• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

I dunno, it's legit funny.

"I think I need 300 or 400 more tumblr comments before I play it"

Nah, Rocco is great.

Mostly.

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

I mean I can totally see the flaws The Game Awards has but I like that the industry has something like this and I like Geoff Keighley enough to be psyched for him he puts this all together.

Zaph

I mean I can totally see the flaws The Game Awards has but I like that the industry has something like this and I like Geoff Keighley enough to be psyched for him he puts this all together.

The industry needs its MTV VMA equivalent. It could be in worse hands than Geoff's.

What Geoff does for the industry is really under-appriciated I think. It needs people like him and he always has a ton of enthusiasm for this kinda stuff

omgkitty

I think what bothers me is the fact that most people wouldn't watch it if they weren't just shilling all these "NEW HOT WORLD PREMIER EXCLUSIVES". It's as if the Academy Awards was pimping a new Avengers trailer or something to get people to tune in, though all the awards shows for other stuff like movies are terrible too. I guess video games do still have the GDC awards which are pretty straight forward.

I think what bothers me is the fact that most people wouldn't watch it if they weren't just shilling all these "NEW HOT WORLD PREMIER EXCLUSIVES". It's as if the Academy Awards was pimping a new Avengers trailer or something to get people to tune in, though all the awards shows for other stuff like movies are terrible too. I guess video games do still have the GDC awards which are pretty straight forward.

Zaph is totally right, the Oscars are the wrong comparison, it's much more like the VMAs and that's fine for me I think.

hamchan

Gonna be looking at Adam and Boyes instead of Keighley this whole show.

Keighley should be on the front stage instead of this side thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom