• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm confused with that website, how can i listen to the latest mixlr stream?

Jeff Gerstmann's drive time (cancel out of authentication) then click the link with the date you want (most recent ones at the bottom). In the new page that opens up, right slick and save the audio file, then when its done open it up with VLC or any other audio player on your computer. That's how I usually do it.

6bSv2hz.png

I assume you don't dig rogue-likes either? That's not a knock, EO just might not be your thing and that's cool.

For me, slowly making through a dungeon and desperately clawing my way through each floor is a super compelling and exciting experience. You add a fairly deep battle system to that as well as EO4's massively customizable class system and you get one of my favorite games of all time.

In addition to the worse battle system, PQ was just too easy for me. You shouldn't be able to take out most of a dungeon in a single go in an EO-style game. You remove so much tension when you make the dungeon crawling easier.
I actually really liked the sub-persona and weakness system in PQ and would like to see it make its way into a mainline Persona game. It's definitely less complex than the average Etrian Odyssey though. And so many enemies were weak to light and dark that Naoto could just demolish most battles.

So much Persona charm in that game though. I listen to the soundtrack pretty frequently.

Sulik2

That Taco Bell discussion in this weeks Bombcast is the best segment of the Bombcast ever. It was a perfect gateway into everyone's personality and hilarious at the same time. Alex's zero sum comment and Austin just quietly saying don't go there after Dan said "I don't know what that means." Killed me.

Lingitiz

That Taco Bell discussion in this weeks Bombcast is the best segment of the Bombcast ever. It was a perfect gateway into everyone's personality and hilarious at the same time. Alex's zero sum comment and Austin just quietly saying don't go there after Dan said "I don't know what that means." Killed me.

Vinny's "That's not a real story! That's fake story!" to Jeff and Dan's gross fast food anecdotes was both hilarious and too real.

so who would be up for watching the Keighleys through the SynchTube tonight so we can chat it up while we watch Hotline Miami 2 win best soundtrack a bunch of fraudulent victories

kvk1

i feel like drew would really like the new rainbow six game

i hope they get to QL'ing it after things calm down a little

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Whoops I went into the bombcast thread in Gaming, that was a mistake haha!

Jeff already said that he thinks it's hot garbage so it's probably a lost cause for the whole staff now.

Probably, but I'm sure Drew will try it out at some point, he'll enjoy it. It's not Jeff's kind of game at all since it's all about being slow and methodical with team communication throughout while Jeff is looking for speed, agility and twitch shooting. Also, it isn't exactly a looker, they've toned down on the visuals to focus on A.I and environment destructibility.

You also don't have to pay for shit since you gain credits quickly. They made it so you'll have to buy 3 attackers and 3 defenders before playing multiplayer so that you'll be able to choose a character with a certain skill without trying to beat the other player in choosing said character so I see why they did it but you're certainly not needed to buy any microtransaction XP/credit boosters or anything.

Edit: Apparently you only need to buy 1 character at the very least so I was wrong on that front. You buy them with in-game credits.

Zaph

Jeff wasn't lying about Evie just fucking everyone's shit up in
AC
Syndicate. Five minutes into it and she's put a knife through a dude's hand into a wall and beat him mercilessly while he tries to pull it out

I'm going to like this game.

repeater

Jeff wasn't lying about Evie just fucking everyone's shit up in
AC
Syndicate. Five minutes into it and she's put a knife through a dude's hand into a wall and beat him mercilessly while he tries to pull it out
Oh, I see the the AC series is still shamelessly ripping off Vinny favorite Raven's Cry

Myggen

bombcast thread discussion never fails to make me regret posting those threads

It's a shame that a thread about an episode this good got derailed by some idiots just talking about how they don't like Austin like anyone cares, but what are you gonna do.

It's a shame that a thread about an episode this good got derailed by some idiots just talking about how they don't like Austin like anyone cares, but what are you gonna do.

It's a shame but not exactly surprising, every giantbomb podcast thread has a handful of posts whining about someone on the podcast.

Anyone else not watching the awards because of all the possible amount of cringe? I'll just wait for the thread on each announcement and their trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom