• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/torudent/status/672572449809108993

CVV1E_GXAAAVhXZ.jpg:large

yami4ct

It's a shame that a thread about an episode this good got derailed by some idiots just talking about how they don't like Austin like anyone cares, but what are you gonna do.

Hadn't gone to the thread since the day the podcast went up. Boy did it take a turn. I see people are using 'intellectual' as an insult again. That's always fun!

danm999

Hadn't gone to the thread since the day the podcast went up. Boy did it take a turn. I see people are using 'intellectual' as an insult again. That's always fun!

Where's that string of tweets where Austin fucks up his mattress order and laments how he's considered an adult and allowed to make decisions?

Jintor

honestly there's more people defending austin than crapping on him

i'm more disturbed by people crapping on patrick. how can you hate patrick. his hair is so poofy.

yami4ct

i'm more disturbed by people crapping on patrick. how can you hate patrick. his hair is so poofy.

I was more middling on Patrick when he was at GB. I didn't dislike him, but I didn't super dig him either. Post GB, he's been amazing. His Kotaku stuff has all been pretty great and Mario Maker Mornings is wonderful. Only think I miss is more regular Spookin with Scoops.

Myggen

Sure, but it's the shitposting that gets me. If a crew member did something in a piece of content you disliked feel free to express it (in a not too shitty manner), but just dropping into a Bombcast thread to say how much you dislike a crew member in general is just derailing the thread. And that's what happened here, not one person who posted in that thread could point to something Austin said in that episode.

It's like going into a thread about a Jimquistion episode to just in general talk shit about Jim Sterling. It's just not constructive.

Jintor

Sure, but it's the shitposting that gets me. If a crew member did something in a piece of content you disliked feel free to express it (in a not too shitty manner), but just dropping into a Bombcast thread to say how much you dislike a crew member in general is just derailing the thread. And that's what happened here, not one person who posted in that thread could point to something Austin said in that episode.

It's like going into a thread about a Jimquistion episode to just in general talk shit about Jim Sterling. It's just not constructive.

lqx is the only dude in that thread whose dislike seems measured and considered

I haven't seen Danny in a while, is his hair actually greyed or is the lighting being unfavorable to him? Guy is like the same age as me.

edit - Also my stream keeps freezing and sucking.

I haven't seen Danny in a while, is his hair actually greyed or is the lighting being unfavorable to him? Guy is like the same age as me.

edit - Also my stream keeps freezing and sucking.

His hair is greyed.

Don't feel too bad, my cousins hair started whitening at like, the age of 21

omgkitty

This is just reminding me how much I hate most of the video game press that isn't Giant Bomb. Glad to see the Gamespot guys are keeping it straight and not just spewing awful jokes.

Zaph

This is just reminding me how much I hate most of the video game press that isn't Giant Bomb. Glad to see the Gamespot guys are keeping it straight and not just spewing awful jokes.

It's like the interview producer went "Try to be funny!" to everyone and the smart people went "Nah"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom