• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimaka

between physconauts 2, shadowrun, and jeff green and garry whita in this video this has been a surprisingly great game awards

I watched it expecting a trainwreck, but I'm actually enjoying parts of it. This Westwood segment is nice. I enjoy listening to game history.

omgkitty

I watched it expecting a trainwreck, but I'm actually enjoying parts of it. This Westwood segment is nice. I enjoy listening to game history.

There used to be a show on G4 called Icons that was essentially that segment. Really enjoyed that show. Wish someone would do something like that again.

Jams775

Weird how they didn't mention this, huh?

At first I thought you were being smarmy so I double checked

http://www.giantbomb.com/westwood-studios-inc/3010-261/
Westwood was shut down in 2003 when it failed to meet the commercial expectations that EA had for it. Westwood was liquidated, and many employees moved on to EA Los Angeles (which has gone on to developed many titles in the Command & Conquer franchise). Westwood's last game was a PC MMORPG titled Earth & Beyond.

Yeah, but they were "back".

Still though, they didn't mention the tumultuous moments that the company faced.

This is a celebration of the work these icons outputted. It would just be wrong to say at the end 'Oh by the way westwood was bought by EA and shutdown, enjoy your statue lol'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom