• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, this is great
CVWkNsbVEAAunkO.png

Holy shit what a photo

Wait, that was the whole performance? Like, people actually listen to Deadmaus' "music?" I mean, I'll fully admit that I'm in the Dan Ryckert-school of "normal music for normal guys", but I cannot conceive how people appreciate Deadmaus.

Wait, that was the whole performance? Like, people actually listen to Deadmaus' "music?" I mean, I'll fully admit that I'm in the Dan Ryckert-school of "normal music for normal guys", but I cannot conceive how people appreciate Deadmaus.

I have definitely heard Deadmau5 stuff that I enjoyed, but that was the weirdest set of music I've ever seen performed. What a dud.

AcridMeat

Banned
I had lots of fun watching that show. Between the Psychonauts 2 announcement/then disappointment, the Iwata tribute, Jade Raymond drunk/screw up, throwing Konami under a bus, and Mark Hamill, it was great fun.
Vinny's "That's not a real story! That's fake story!" to Jeff and Dan's gross fast food anecdotes was both hilarious and too real.
Agreed, that was my favorite in a podcast full of fantastic moments.
He let out a wimpy fart for a set. He doesn't put any effort into these sorts of gigs.

He also tends to do these stupid troll sets so often it feels like he doesn't actually know how to perform for real anymore. Yet people still invite him, I don't get it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Is that really what it was? Like, I honestly don't know if it was an intentional, joke set.
He wouldn't have the huge name recognition if that's all he was capable of doing.

Thing is he's a little asshole with shitloads of money so he does stuff like this because he can. He did something similar at Ultra in Miami last year(?) I think. What he did there had me legitimately laughing though.

There's no point in hiring any DJ to play for <10 minutes, that's barely enough time to have an intro to a set. I hope people who set these gigs up learn that eventually.

my roommate chats in deadmmau5's twitch streams a lot and hung out with him when he came to my roommate's town. Apparently he's really cool. I don't understand his music

Loxley

Generally speaking I like Sterling's stuff and I think he picks his battles wisely, but yeah that tweet struck me as pretty lame.

ncktg: Real talk, and I'm only posting this because this shit isn't permenant: Hunter x Hunter is better than the wire

(that's nckillthegrimace on this forum)

I wonder if like no one heard it during rehearsals or something and instead though "fuck, we can't put this garbage on. Lets just go to a local bar and get like a Blue Oyster Cult cover band instead."

I'm now going to look up some Blue Oyster Cult "Godzilla" covers because they'll probably be better than Dead Mau5

daydream

Banned
i mean, we had our fun with it in synchtube but between the ijustine interviews, the commercials, the b-celebrities invited to class up the act and the unbearable "gamer" focus, i'm certainly not gonna go out of my way to disagree with someone tearing into what is clearly a trainwreck

keighley definitely puts his heart into it, though, and it was a step up from last year, so props for trying

ncktg: Real talk, and I'm only posting this because this shit isn't permenant: Hunter x Hunter is better than the wire

(that's nckillthegrimace on this forum)

who are you and what did you do with the real piston

edit: oh you're quoting him. what the fuck, grimace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom