• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWCj7DE.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Friendly reminder not to jump out of moving vehicles.

justjim89

I'd personally argue even relatively uninspired wrestling games like 2K15 have a more sensible and balanced fighting system than most fighting games, but I'm weird.

justjim89

I mean, instead of memorizing random ass button combinations and quarter-circle whichevers, you have grappling, striking, and countering. There are modifiers to do different moves and positional changes, but it's all generally a lot more logical than what I've played of fighting games.

Haunted

I'd personally argue even relatively uninspired wrestling games like 2K15 have a more sensible and balanced fighting system than most fighting games, but I'm weird.
pretty weird

Though it's hard to make a comparison either way. They have very different goals. Wrestling games are failed attempts at a simulation of a simulation of hand to hand combat, while fighting games are very encoded and entrenched in their own history and - as of 2015 - not really concerned with that concept of simulation anymore.

Though I'd argue that pretty much every other combat sports game, whether it's Fight Night or UFC or EA MMA or fuck, even stuff like Bushido Blade is much better at simulating hand to hand combat compared to fucking broken janky shitty wrestling games.

Jintor

I mean, instead of memorizing random ass button combinations and quarter-circle whichevers, you have grappling, striking, and countering. There are modifiers to do different moves and positional changes, but it's all generally a lot more logical than what I've played of fighting games.

I guess I shouldn't really comment since I've never properly played a wrestling game before

Haunted

There seems to be a newfound love in the GB community for these impromptu periscopes - am I the only person here who absolutely cannot watch that shit?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan just creates stupidity around himself. Periscope gets archived, right? I'm gonna need that headbutt for future use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom