• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynidas

Banned
i4PNvFa.png

Myggen

BEAST Crew thought they were being called in for GOTY stuff, but it was really just a ploy to get more people to help them move.

There's gonna be two hours of GOTY podcasts this year, the rest of the time was spent moving.

The podcasts will be Brad by himself arguing how many of the top 10 spots goes to Destiny.

Myggen

Rorie's gonna be sitting with the rest of the crew now? Hype.

He's actually been sitting with them for a few months now. It makes sense that he's there and not with the engineers. He's great in Mailbag style content so that's a big plus too!

Edit: What was said about the Kojima interview? Guessing it's the interview where Dan tried to ask him about his favourite action movies?

tuxfool

Banned
I was surprised Dan had not heard of conkers. I didn't realise it was a unique British phenomenon.

I was surprised Dan had not heard of X shouldn't be much of a surprise any more. However, conkers are fairly obscure outside the British Isles (& Ireland apparently).

Bowlie

Banned
Heavy Gear was an awesome cartoon that doesn't get much mecha reconigtion, soo bulky:
heavy-gear.jpg

edit: the FMV in that win95 game is strong

yami4ct

I'm almost done with Trails in the Sky SC. I'm kinda tempted to buy Xenoblade Chronicles X to fill the gap between now and Cold Steel even though I know I'll walk away disappointed. Someone talk me out of this. The mechs are kinda selling me.

I'm almost done with Trails in the Sky SC. I'm kinda tempted to buy Xenoblade Chronicles X to fill the gap between now and Cold Steel even though I know I'll walk away disappointed. Someone talk me out of this. The mechs are kinda selling me.

Do it

You know you want it

daydream

Banned

get it, we can form a gb squad

yami4ct

Do it

You know you want it

get it, we can form a gb squad

I'm gonna get the data packs and see if I still want the game by the time they finish. It'll take a day or two to download them on my shit internet.

I'm starting to see this game less as a new Xenoblade and more as a weird giant JRPG where you can play with real people. It's almost giving me PSO2 vibes and that's kinda doing it for me. Too bad there won't be any ridiculous concerts that we can have a lobby full of people dancing to.

I'm gonna get the data packs and see if I still want the game by the time they finish. It'll take a day or two to download them on my shit internet.

I'm starting to see this game less as a new Xenoblade and more as a weird giant JRPG where you can play with real people. It's almost giving me PSO2 vibes and that's kinda doing it for me. Too bad there won't be any ridiculous concerts that we can have a lobby full of people dancing to.

Just treat it like a different Monolith Takahashi RPG instead of a "sequel" to Xenoblade. That's what I did for original Xenoblade coming off of Xenosaga 3.

yami4ct

Just treat it like a different Monolith Takahashi RPG instead of a "sequel" to Xenoblade. That's what I did for original Xenoblade coming off of Xenosaga 3.

XCX is real lucky that I finished Trails in the Sky SC faster than I expected, that Yakuza 5 still isn't out and that Cold Steel isn't hitting until the 22nd. Only reason I'm even considering it.

The Yakuza thing is a half truth. I haven't even finished 4 yet. Wouldn't start 5 yet. I'm a bad Yakuza fan. Only things I have to finish for GOTY now are Transformers Devastation, which I could wrap in one sitting and Undertale which I'm waiting for the Steam winter sale. All this is finally seeming like it's gonna be doable.

What's the greatest Giant Bomb quote that works out of context?

I'm just going to pull a bunch from my tumblr archive:

Brad: "I believe there is a bubble-esque quality to booty that may be missing from rump."
---
Jeff: "I would be a friendly ghost."
Ryan: "I fucking so seriously doubt that."
---
Jeff: "I licked the bottom of a drum machine once because I thought it had tasty syrup on it, but it turned out the batteries were leaking."
---
Vinny: "We’re twins, like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Dorito."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom