• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the PSX livestream, Eric Lempel (head of PSN) announced a yearly option for PS Now. It's pricey at $99/year, but when broken down monthly, it costs you $8.25 month. A single month typically costs $19.99.

On the PSX livestream, Eric Lempel (head of PSN) announced a yearly option for PS Now. It's pricey at $99/year, but when broken down monthly, it costs you $8.25 month. A single month typically costs $19.99.

No thanks. Give me disc based emulation.

Microsoft should reeeaally make a video parody for BC. "This is how you play your 360 games on your Xbox One." *Person inserts disc into Xbone.

Go for the throat, make Sony be ashamed.

Jamie OD

I am a huge old adventure game fan and played all this stuff the first time around, but, I'll also probably wait until GOG runs a sale on DOTT and FT.

Is there a Sam and Max licensing issue? That one seemed logical to redo, but, imagine the characters may be a problem.

Rez should be amazing and the 100' Robot Golf game looked incredible.

I thought Telltale owns Sam And Max now?

Kaizer

Banned
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/673269419238289409/photo/1

Jeff, like a boss. I can't even describe how I appreciate he went searching this out because finding a happy place in this 20 years of bullshit must be a really hard thing to do. And being almost his age, I can only imagine covering it as a pro.

Maaaaaan, Jeff has lost a lot of weight - that's really awesome! As someone who just got started back working out (and is currently sore all over lol) this is really inspiring. And Rez Infinite looks awesome, so it was confirmed you can play through it fully without VR as well.

yami4ct

PSX was way more exciting than I could've ever expected.

Rez Infinite sounds cool, and I'm glad I can just ignore the VR gimmick on it.

FF7:R gameplay looks cool. Action looks like an interesting derivative of Kingdom Hearts or Crisis Core. Glad they're not afraid to change it up.

Ni No Kuni 2 is a real surprise. The first game was incredibly flawed, but I still loved it. Excited to see where they can take it.

As a Yakuza fan, I'm floored. I just expected to get a 5 release date, and I'm happy we did. The fact that 0 is coming over is a real shock to me. I was certain that the series was gonna get put out to pasture in the west and 5 was just a final good gesture for fans.

Looks like he's on the set of a new Lawnmower man film.

cbqEt0d.gif

hamchan

PSX was way more exciting than I could've ever expected.

Rez Infinite sounds cool, and I'm glad I can just ignore the VR gimmick on it.

FF7:R gameplay looks cool. Action looks like an interesting derivative of Kingdom Hearts or Crisis Core. Glad they're not afraid to change it up.

Ni No Kuni 2 is a real surprise. The first game was incredibly flawed, but I still loved it. Excited to see where they can take it.

As a Yakuza fan, I'm floored. I just expected to get a 5 release date, and I'm happy we did. The fact that 0 is coming over is a real shock to me. I was certain that the series was gonna get put out to pasture in the west and 5 was just a final good gesture for fans.

Yep, Yakuza 0 is the best news all day. 5 was totally looking like the swan song with the digital only release, the reduced price, PS3 only. I don't think anyone could have expected more Yakuza games in the West.

Nero18

Well there's no accounting for taste, I guess.
But when even Jeff "Jaded" Gerstmann is going crazy with excitement on Twitter, it might be time to start considering recalibrating your expectations? :p

Its not as much about expectation as i wasnt hoping for anyhing and am therefore not disappointed really. Its more that the presentation of these things are starting to get less and less exciting. Not that a Moba is in any way exciting, but damn, after a thousand indie games all seemingly targeting the same crowd a Moba from Epic was atleast something. These shows could be a lot tighter. No hate towards the actual devs or people behind the indie games, but Sony could do a better job with packaging. They used to always be super bad with bragging about numbers and stuff on conferences and they have just brought the same mentality over.

repeater

Its not as much about expectation as i wasnt hoping for anyhing and am therefore not disappointed really. Its more that the presentation of these things are starting to get less and less exciting. Not that a Moba is in any way exciting, but damn, after a thousand indie games all seemingly targeting the same crowd a Moba from Epic was atleast something. These shows could be a lot tighter. No hate towards the actual devs or people behind the indie games, but Sony could do a better job with packaging. They used to always be super bad with bragging about numbers and stuff on conferences and they have just brought the same mentality over.
Well, as I said, no accounting for taste. I thought Epic bringing a MOBA to PS4 was the most anticlimactic announcement of the whole show and would gladly have taken another indie announcement in place of it. But that's the way it goes I guess.

The PSX stream right now has a pretty funny Uncharted 4 panel lead by Trending Gamer usurper Greg Miller. Nolan North is being a jackass, Troy Baker is his usual handsome self, and Neil Druckmann adressed the casting controversy that's been tearing the GBGAF community apart.

yami4ct

Apparently Nintendo's download servers are all sorts of messed up right now. Got 9 gigs of the Xenoblade download packs done and ended up losing it all to errors. Now I can't get more than 300 megs without erroring out. Ugh.

KingKong

Mobas (well, good mobas) are just too complex to play with a controller, so you end up with all these hybrids that end up being mediocre co op third person shooters

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Mobas (well, good mobas) are just too complex to play with a controller, so you end up with all these hybrids that end up being mediocre co op third person shooters

Completely agree.

Their complexity creates the intense depth that is central to the genre. These compromised games like Paragon and Battleborn just look hobbygrade.

repeater

wEctzXu.jpg

Apparently Nintendo's download servers are all sorts of messed up right now. Got 9 gigs of the Xenoblade download packs done and ended up losing it all to errors. Now I can't get more than 300 megs without erroring out. Ugh.
It took me about a week of failed attempts, different error codes and locks of the Eshop app on Wii U to download the four packs, but I recently switched ISPs so I thought my troubles might be due to something on my end. Kinda relieved it's not, but it sucks that this is happening now because Xenoblade really seems to benefit from those packs (I haven't received my copy yet).

Fireblend

Banned
Just realised at the PlayStation show we got a update on COD map packs, some news on bungies games and epic announced a console exclusive AND we got a awkward live demo of a console addon that had technical problems.

Sony living the 2010 Microsoft dream

tuxfool

Banned
Just realised at the PlayStation show we got a update on COD map packs, some news on bungies games and epic announced a console exclusive AND we got a awkward live demo of a console addon that had technical problems.

Sony living the 2010 Microsoft dream

Heh. What dream is Microsoft living?

Zaph

Seventy70

Maaaaaan, Jeff has lost a lot of weight - that's really awesome! As someone who just got started back working out (and is currently sore all over lol) this is really inspiring. And Rez Infinite looks awesome, so it was confirmed you can play through it fully without VR as well.

I barely recognized him in that photo. His fiance has probably been a positive influence on him.

That said, Jeff seems like the type of person that hates it whenever someone brings it up :p

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm watching Zoolander for the very first time right now (halfway through...)... Why the hell did I wait 15 years to watch this lol? It's fucking dumb but I love it.

I lost it when Billy Zane showed up haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom