• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the announcements matched my expectations for a December games show. Any notable releases in the six months to next E3, were shown six months ago at the previous E3. Only the MOBA ending was tone deaf for the audience this attracts.

Yeah, we'll see. I guess it's now also looking pretty likely that they're using some kind of box for extra processing power? I'm sure it'll be pretty costly, but did you see those minimum specs for Elite Dangerous Horizons VR? That looked even costlier to me.

It does indeed. I bought a 970 with hopes of targeting minimum VR specs. While plenty lower spec indie games will be within limit, I may hold off on VR until late 2017 to line up with my next GPU.

I am a huge old adventure game fan and played all this stuff the first time around, but, I'll also probably wait until GOG runs a sale on DOTT and FT.

Is there a Sam and Max licensing issue? That one seemed logical to redo, but, imagine the characters may be a problem.

Rez should be amazing and the 100' Robot Golf game looked incredible.

Did Jeff watch the stream at home and is driving to go to the show floor? Or is he going back home? If the former, I thought his plan was to go to the keynote in person. Brad tweeted he might go because you can actually earn trophies using the PSX app on your phone. There's a platinum you can earn. It's so dumb. Sounds like something that Jeff could get in to.

Dineren

Banned
His plan is to go find Rez. And...and whatever happens after that...okay.

EDIT - Reminds me of the time Jeff and Ryan went on search of McRibs (courtesy of GB Unarchived)

https://youtu.be/YAWGItnUYsk

I feel like there might be something fundamentally wrong with my life when I'm spending a Saturday afternoon watching two men driving in search of a McRib.

Edit: I was temporarily hyped for the tunnel song, but now it's back to driving.

PSX keynote was pretty good. Austin and Jeff are right: in terms of consoles, the middle is back, and that's a lot of what was shown at PSX.

I just wish they had one big thing at the end as an anchor.

I think it's funny that the term "console debut" or "console exclusive" appears four times on the first page of the Gaming board. That has probably been the most oft-used buzzword of the generation.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Rez VR was the only thing that really stuck out to me.

I haven't even turned my PS4 on since I played Tony Hawk 5.
I mean what's the point? Can't top that.

I think it's funny that the term "console debut" or "console exclusive" appears four times on the first page of the Gaming board. That has probably been the most oft-used buzzword of the generation.
Anthony Carboni called the last SFV character "Playstation exclusive" and what that apparently means is "in every version of SFV, but since the game is not on Xbox One, we call him exclusive".
I had a small freakout since I'm going to play it on PC.

I mean what's the point? Can't top that.

Anthony Carboni called the last SFV character "Playstation exclusive" and what that apparently means is "in every version of SFV, but since the game is not on Xbox One, we call him exclusive".
I had a small freakout since I'm going to play it on PC.
Wait. I'm playing on PC too.

Is FANG PS4 exclusive?

Console exclusive = also coming to PC
Console debut = will appear on other consoles later

Weasel words to get around the fact that not much is exclusive anymore.

SomberOwl

How was Jeff's Mixlr? worth listening? Also I wasn't around Gaf for the keynote but how was the general vibe here? I thought it was worth it just for Ni No Kuni II. Ni No Kuni was my favourite game on the PS3 and one of my all time favourites.

Anyway is that Mixlr archived yet?

How was Jeff's Mixlr? worth listening? Also I wasn't around Gaf for the keynote but how was the general vibe here? I thought it was worth it just for Ni No Kuni II. Ni No Kuni was my favourite game on the PS3 and one of my all time favourites.

Anyway is that Mixlr archived yet?

It's a good if not great conference but it seemed that half the people were in it for two things only. Demon Souls remaster and Crash Bandicoot which are just people gossip at this point yet people still continue to believe and expect then they end up being disappointed lol. It seems to me people were treating this as if it was E3?

Why not just fucking wait for Sony to do whatever the fuck they're going to do? As for the Mixlr, it's pretty alright. He gave his thoughts on a few things about the conference in general as well as he read some comments from the chat which in turn made him talk about different things about specific things concerning the conference.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/673269419238289409/photo/1

CVfu90rVAAAS8qj.jpg

Jeff, like a boss. I can't even describe how I appreciate he went searching this out because finding a happy place in this 20 years of bullshit must be a really hard thing to do. And being almost his age, I can only imagine covering it as a pro.

Can't wait to hear their hot Yakuza reactions. I'm still bummed Dan didn't give that series a real chance, you can't tell my his incredibly vague, bullet point GI review he didn't actually play it for more than a few hours, lol.

So, whether it's how it played out, I pictured him throwing aside whatever was happening as soon as he saw that Rez announcement and driving 140mph into SF to get that demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom