• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I think he was talking more about the actual ending. It was weird he said that, but pretty much everyone was still totally in it by episode 4. Its not until 5 where people started feeling more mixed about it.

Read they had to cut stuff in Ep 5 cuz of budget so that blew. You could tell from some sections that felt abrupt or short. Even one ending was affected by it. The other ending was amazing and beautiful. Hopefully they choose the better one.

Regardless of how good the ending itself is (in retrospect I think it worked well enough but wasn't great), shit does get batshit crazy in that final episode. Can't wait.

Zaph

Yep, as with most players, they're still with it. What Jeff was saying during the deliberations was really weird. I think they'll also be okay with the ending, too.

People overstate Jeff's comments. Austin and Vinny were specifically talking about enjoying the the two arcs of (ending spoilers)
what's up with Max's powers and what's going on with the town, and Jeff probably read on the wiki that those two plots are left unresolved. If you're not just completely invested in the Max/Chloe relationship, you'll be left disappointed.

FluxWaveZ

I think he was talking more about the actual ending. It was weird he said that, but pretty much everyone was still totally in it by episode 4. Its not until 5 where people started feeling more mixed about it.

That's true... but in the context of what Jeff was seemingly referring to, is there really anything that crazy narratively about the ending? The execution, sure, but I don't think there was any issue with what it actually is. Probably helped by having the actual context of the story until that point instead of just reading a summary.

People overstate Jeff's comments. Austin and Vinny were specifically talking about enjoying the the two arcs of (ending spoilers)
what's up with Max's powers and what's going on with the town, and Jeff probably read on the wiki that those two plots are left unresolved. If you're not just completely invested in the Max/Chloe relationship, you'll be left disappointed.

Yeah, maybe it was misinterpreting what he was talking about.

Yep, as with most players, they're still with it. What Jeff was saying during the deliberations was really weird. I think they'll also be okay with the ending, too.

Yeah I think they'll be fine with the ending, there are enough decent character moments in episode 5 that will hit the notes that they want the game to hit even if they aren't super into the actual conclusion.

I kind of wish the game didn't go in the WHAT A TWIST direct. I'll see how it wraps up, but that always feels cheap to me.

There are enough hints dropped throughout the course of the game that I was fine with it.

tchocky

Jeff was talking about episode 4 because when they said "every one tells them the next episode is better than the one before" Jeff asked "did they say that about episode 4" and they said yes and he replied, "huh".

Joeku

Read they had to cut stuff in Ep 5 cuz of budget so that blew. You could tell from some sections that felt abrupt or short. Even one ending was affected by it. The other ending was amazing and beautiful. Hopefully they choose the better one.

Episode 5 spoilers:
They're going to save the bay. Guaranteed. Correct ending.

Yeah I think they'll be fine with the ending, there are enough decent character moments in episode 5 that will hit the notes that they want the game to hit even if they aren't super into the actual conclusion.

There are enough hints dropped throughout the course of the game that I was fine with it.

Seriously. If it were Alyssa, I'd agree, but they've seriously been dropping hints from the first episode. The
Nathan's family
stuff was a red herring.

They're gonna finish it next week! Can't wait!

Yeah, you could definitely tell that the structure for episode 5 just felt really off.

That's true... but in the context of what Jeff was seemingly referring to, is there really anything that crazy narratively about the ending? The execution, sure, but I don't think there was any issue with what it actually is. Probably helped by having the actual context of the story until that point instead of just reading a summary.

It really depends on the ending they choose honestly where one scenario has much more of a wrap up than the other does. It might change how they feel about it if they grab the ending with less of an emotional wrap up, but from the decisions they've been making so far, I think they're gonna go with the more fleshed out ending.
Again, we probably shouldn't go deep into episode 5 until they actually do it next week.

It's explained pretty well, imo

Cool, I can't wait to see the end. What a great game! What a great GB feature! I'm sure playing it yourself for the first time is a really awesome experience, but I'm still happy to experience it this way.

There was a really good analysis video that came out 1-2 months before episode 4 was released of someone putting all of the hints dropped together to come to the right conclusion, which was pretty great.

I think this was the one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnKbkI8RVvU

Should I wait for episode 5 to watch that? I suppose I already know the one thing it "spoils".

LiK

Cool, I can't wait to see the end. What a great game! What a great GB feature! I'm sure playing it yourself for the first time is a really awesome experience, but I'm still happy to experience it this way.

Should I wait for episode 5 to watch that? I suppose I already know the one thing it "spoils".

Yea, the game has some rough edges but it's pretty amazing for Dont_Nod's first effort. I was pretty impressed.

I'm guessing if you fear spoilers, watch another LP and then return to see what Beast crew does in Ep 5 next week. I don't think that ruins the viewing. I've watched multiple LPs just to see people's reactions.

Joeku

Tell you what, this is from earlier in the GBeast playthrough. Listen to some of the dialogue here.
It's some fun foreshadowing
. Not really spoilery as of where they are now: https://youtu.be/aEKYXcwck34?t=5m33s

Ep 5 lost me when they did the stealth sections.

I mean... why? Terrible idea.

But 99% of games fail to provide a satisfying ending so I'm not holding the last episode against them.

I really need to play that Kings Quest episode that was on PS+

I hear nothing but good things about it when people are not moaning that the next episode is taking too long

Zaph

So, after all the goty praise I got around to playing more of Rebel Galaxy and I'm really not feeling it. The space trucking and music is cool, but the combat loop just isn't grabbing me and engaging warp constantly is tedious. Thought it would scratch the diablo itch but it isn't.

Any other potentially good mindless games to play while podcasting I might have missed recently? I like loot and numbers.

I kind of wish the game didn't go in the WHAT A TWIST direct. I'll see how it wraps up, but that always feels cheap to me.
There were hints which make the choice valid IMO

"Seriously though, I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation."
— Mark Jefferson First Words Episode One

@alex_navarro
I have absolutely no recollection of writing this note and I haven't the slightest idea what it means.
CYOcjaXW8AAjRG8.jpg:small

tchocky

There were hints which make the choice valid IMO

"Seriously though, I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation."
— Mark Jefferson First Words Episode One

Also in your first conversation with Stella she tells you that Jefferson was having sex with Rachel Amber.

Zaph

Mad Max maybe? My current podcast game is Pokémon Picross. I'll need another one soon enough though, I completed almost every stage in it.

I actually bought Mad Max during the sale because it was so cheap. Installing now.

Picross is incredible, but after 3D I just can't go back to 2D. Can't wait for the second game.

Patryn

Don't forget the shady conversation with Kate in Episode 2.

And the weird argument with the Principal in the credits of either Episode 2 or Episode 3.

Don't forget the shady conversation with
Kate in Episode 2.

And the weird argument with the
Principal in the credits of either Episode 2 or Episode 3.

could we not be so blatant with the LiS spoilers? Please be considerate, not all of us wish to experience a 2015 game via livestreams.

Patryn

could we not be so blatant with the LiS spoilers? Pleas be considerate, not all of us wish to experience a 2015 game via livestreams.

You'd have a point if this was a LiS thread, but as it's a Giant Bomb thread, and all the stuff I posted has been in aired content...

However, I will refrain from posting anything else on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom