• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I completely zoned out during the Squad portion of UPF last week so I watched the unfinished to see what I missed. Literally the only thing I retained was that there's no kill count for players. It's a shooter, right? I'm sure it's a perfectly fine game, but everything about it makes this void in my memory. Instead of the QL video window I just remember blank space and white noise.

I completely zoned out during the Squad portion of UPF last week so I watched the unfinished to see what I missed. Literally the only thing I retained was that there's no kill count for players. It's a shooter, right? I'm sure it's a perfectly fine game, but everything about it makes this void in my memory. Instead of the QL video window I just remember blank space and white noise.

It's meant for a very, very specific audience. I can appreciate it from a distance but the idea of possibly respawning half a map away from another human when you can die in one shot, plus the pressure of the hardcore players expecting everyone to be as super into the roles as they are, makes it not my kinda jam.

Zaph

The whole Star Citizen thing makes me wonder about my personal biggest fear with VR - the potential for spend.

During the last Bombcast it really dawned on me when they started talking about VR live sporting events, it's something I've never even thought about but now really want. I can fully imagine FIFA charging £200+ for all the world cup games in VR. And you know what? I'd probably pay it.

During the last Bombcast it really dawned on me when they started talking about VR live sporting events, it's something I've never even thought about but now really want. I can fully imagine FIFA charging £200+ for all the world cup games in VR. And you know what? I'd probably pay it.

I can't think of anything more wasteful for VR than seating in a stadium.

That's not too bad. Do you worry that people with the thousand dollar ships might effect the design of the game for the worse?
Yeah, I do. CIG has now restricted ship buying so you can't actually buy everything all the time, but I think you can still buy those ridiculous thousands of dollar packages. I can't imagine THAT many people are buying them, though, so you probably won't see them often in the final game.

Megasoum

Banned
So, I'm at a point in my life where I can say my love of video games led me down several forks in the road that I am now genuinely enjoying watching a 14-minute video of a man in a ski mask sitting in his garage drinking expired malt liquor.

Life is strange.

If only he was really in a garage lol

Xater

Oh god. I missed UPF yesterday and am using it as hangover medicine right now. Jeff cycled through every emotion he knows when he saw that Donut Create Push shirt.

also

If you image search "donut create push" the third picture is Jeff's gone home strategy.

I am still trying to figure out what it means? Does it mean that if you eat a donut you have to take a shit?

Do shovel knight bosses have weaknesses and a hidden recommended order like Mega Man bosses?

Because I am just going in with my shovel, going nuts and after a few tries I come out victorious by the skin of my teeth

tuxfool

Banned
That single player mode is never going to come out - they just keep adding things they are going to build in to it until it is "every game" - so at least you can play the multiplayer.

I love it how people who don't follow the project somehow are the most sure of what they are and aren't doing.

Fireblend

Banned
These have been a great couple of days for GB content. One of the best Beastcasts + end of LiS + a godly UPF and I really enjoyed Austin's MechWarrior QL. Donut Create Push indeed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I am still trying to figure out what it means? Does it mean that if you eat a donut you have to take a shit?

It needs further study. Maybe all of those are meant to be verbs and it's a set of instructions akin to "Wash rinse repeat". Couldn't you just picture Paul Heyman screaming "DONUT. CREATE. PUSH."?

Brashnir

If only he was really in a garage lol

Looks like a garage to me. It has a garage door on the far end and a car in it. If it's not a garage, it's certainly capable of performing the primary function of a garage.

The way he pronounces "malt liquor" is mesmerizing

Megasoum

Banned
Looks like a garage to me. It has a garage door on the far end and a car in it. If it's not a garage, it's certainly capable of performing the primary function of a garage.

The way he pronounces "malt liquor" is mesmerizing

I mean as in, he's in front of a really badly keyed green screen lol

Curufinwe

Jeff's warnings that the GBeast guys wouldn't like LiS so much after they saw the ending turned out to be completey unfounded.

Shocking.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching UPF... First very long video I watch in the HTML5 player in a while... Glad to see that the bug that makes HTML5 videos almost unplayable after a while is still there...ugh. The video is suddenly buffering every 10sec for the last 20min or so of UPF.

popo

I mean you literally don't even know what is reasonable to complain about. You say the "single player mode" is never going to be released. Well that's Squadron 42, it's an episodic, mission-based spiritual successor to Wing Commander and is far simpler in scope than the "multiplayer", which is Star Citizen. If you want to say Star Citizen is never coming out due to an expanding scope, we can have a conversation. You are actual too ignorant of everything involved to have an opinion worth consideration.

lol, that told me. I was just trolling and you had to go get all serious on me.

Watching UPF... First very long video I watch in the HTML5 player in a while... Glad to see that the bug that makes HTML5 videos almost unplayable after a while is still there...ugh. The video is suddenly buffering every 10sec for the last 20min or so of UPF.

Literally never had this problem and I exclusively use the HTML5 player. What browser, plugins, OS, etc?

Megasoum

Banned
Literally never had this problem and I exclusively use the HTML5 player. What browser, plugins, OS, etc?

Latest chrome on Win10. I've had it show up from time to time on long form videos. For a while too. I'm pretty sure I've seen other people talking about the same issue. It's like if the player can't buffer properly after a while. Anyway, not a super big deal cause it's really rare I watch long videos in the html5 player (I watch UPF on the managed livestream feed normally).

Tubobutts

Does watching the videos on iPad use html5? Cause I've been having the same problem. It was working fine for a while but it's been happening for the past few weeks.

Megasoum

Banned
Does watching the videos on iPad use html5? Cause I've been having the same problem. It was working fine for a while but it's been happening for the past few weeks.

I assume so since Apple doesn't support flash?

If you're using the GB App it's not gonna use the same player as the website tho.

God damn the ending to LiS strange stil wrecks me. Glad that the guys liked it. It's one of my favorite play throughs they done on the site. Up there with Persona 4.

Joeku

God damn the ending to LiS strange stil wrecks me. Glad that the guys liked it. It's one of my favorite play throughs they done on the site. Up there with Persona 4.

I'm totally also rewatching that final playdate.
Really glad they went the correct way. That conversation over the final choice was more tense for me than anything during the Gotycasts.

killroy87

So much potential wasted in that Dragons Dogma QL with Austins boring character class. At least half the reason to play that game is to become a magic archer

killroy87

I'm totally also rewatching that final playdate.
Really glad they went the correct way. That conversation over the final choice was more tense for me than anything during the Gotycasts.
Which way did they go? I beat it last night, and my initial choice was
sacrificing the city
. Upon going back and trying the other choice, I realized that the one I chose was incredibly half assed, the devs clearly wanted the other one to be canon.

Anjin M

So much potential wasted in that Dragons Dogma QL with Austins boring character class. At least half the reason to play that game is to become a magic archer
Right!

And people who roll Royals aren't really playing Demon's Souls.

And people who play Pyromancers in Dark Souls are scrubs.

And if you don't get the true ending you didn't really play Undertale.

Did I miss anything?

killroy87

Right!

And people who roll Royals aren't really playing Demon's Souls.

And people who play Pyromancers in Dark Souls are scrubs.

And if you don't get the true ending you didn't really play Undertale.

Did I miss anything?
There's at least a bit of a chance you take conversation here too literally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom