• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

P8lhaja.gif

Perfect response.

def sim

I get that the people on The Lobby don't care about high framerate in everything, that's cool, but saying 60fps was only added to the PC version of RE0 because PC gamers like to feel good about themselves was pretty lame.

jaina

I'm more likely to watch this Lobby instead of the old format. But in the end it's just the occasional glimpse if a guest or topic catches my eye.

justjim89

I tried playing some Metal Gear Online now that it's live on PC, but honestly it's just a bummer. At least playing as an infiltrator, which seemed like the most Metal gear of classes. It's like you're trying to play a stealth game while everyone else plays Call of Duty. Even more frustrating, honestly, than playing spy in TF2. Tranqs are weak, CQC is impossible, and sneaking up to someone isn't really a thing unless you use stealth camo. It's like everything in MGSV that makes it play well instantly falls apart the second your target is a live human instead of a dumb AI guard. Don't really see it having any legs.

Now that Darkest Dungeon is out, I'd love to see a new QL for it. Or even a series of Playdates.

Man, you sure have to love running through an empty forrest for 30 minutes if you want to play Dragon's Dogma.

Yeah, the open world is so empty and dull. And when it's not that, it's coming across a huge enemy with 6 healthbars that you have no hopes of killing.

GameSpot needs to use the Danny/Mary combo for this to work

Can't imagine it changing but tbh I'm not sure about Danny as host either, it kind of gives me Jeff flashbacks of "oh this isn't what you should be doing"

daydream

Banned
I'm more likely to watch this Lobby instead of the old format. But in the end it's just the occasional glimpse if a guest or topic catches my eye.

it's a downgrade for me and the original format was bad enough

not that my opinion matters since i wasn't watching the show regularly nor am i going to in the future

Zaph

eh, I've been enjoying these last few Lobby's fwiw. Danny's cohorts seem much more comfortable in the podcast room compared to the full studio. Could still do with a strong co-host though.

-------

dm paul instructions:
FxE4cA3.png

I really want to pick up Talos Principle but I don't want to get all puzzle'd out before The Witness arrives. Wish I hadn't missed out on picking it up during the various holiday sales.

I really want to pick up Talos Principle but I don't want to get all puzzle'd out before The Witness arrives. Wish I hadn't missed out on picking it up during the various holiday sales.

the overarching story is only like 1/8th as effective as it thinks it is and most of the game is made of reused Serious Sam assets, but damn if it isn't a pretty good game anyway

310 on youtube, 191 on Gamestop right now.

well there's your problem

but yeah, several times I've popped in to see them hovering around the 100/120 area and was confused how that's even possible

Are only 184 people watching the Lobby right now?

the gamespot audience doesn't watch stuff live, I'd assume that the views for when it's cut into segments are what actually count. it's probably higher (don't know if you're on the site or YouTube) but it doesn't really matter to anyone but probably Danny and the GB audience that really wants it to fail.

people always point out "wow only [number in low hundreds] are watching" as if Danny would actually be allowed to keep doing a show that got those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom