• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, it looks like The Witness may actually come out this month after all. Looks like price is 39.99 and pre-orders on steam will be up today, but the site is getting slammed right now.

skynidas

Banned
This game came out today, I really hope they cover it because it looks like something they might like. Also, it is from the same creators of Zeno Clash which I remember Brad liking.

Catching up on Dan Souls

R1vp9ho.gif

Holy shit, it looks like The Witness may actually come out this month after all. Looks like price is 39.99 and pre-orders on steam will be up today, but the site is getting slammed right now.
Those better be some damn good puzzles for $40. I'm gonna have to wait for that thing to come out and hear a definitive word about what it actually is before I give it a shot.

Those better be some damn good puzzles for $40. I'm gonna have to wait for that thing to come out and hear a definitive word about what it actually is before I give it a shot.

Hasn't he said it was something like a 50 hour game? It seems like the simple line puzzles on a screen only last for a small while.

kiguel182

The Witness is the kind of game that looks really interesting but a 100 hour puzzle game just sounds way to overwhelming for me to buy in.

Maybe one day at a discount but it just seems like a game I would get tired well before the end.

popo

That price is going to divide a lot of people. Some will argue it is worth $60 as much as any other game but some will declare any indie game above $20 a crime.

A week from today - all being well - The Witness, Darkest Dungeon and Prison Architect will all be out as "final" releases. We truly are in the end of days.

Edit: Someone just reminded me that Blow still plans an iOS version. I wonder if he will try and break the magical $10 mobile barrier or just take the moaning from people who paid $40.

AcridMeat

Banned
This game came out today, I really hope they cover it because it looks like something they might like. Also, it is from the same creators of Zeno Clash which I remember Brad liking.
I was looking at the steam page for this yesterday but couldn't quite grasp what it was, so thanks for the link. Such a strange interesting concept but it doesn't look too fun to play.

The Witness is the kind of game that looks really interesting but a 100 hour puzzle game just sounds way to overwhelming for me to buy in.

Maybe one day at a discount but it just seems like a game I would get tired well before the end.

Yeah it really does seem to really hinge on how the puzzles vary, it can definitely get tedious. I'm in for finding out though, been one of my most anticipated games for too long.

skynidas

Banned
I was looking at the steam page for this yesterday but couldn't quite grasp what it was, so thanks for the link. Such a strange interesting concept but it doesn't look too fun to play.

The gameplay could definitely use some work, the game is rough around the edges. I still like it though.

kiguel182

Yeah it really does seem to really hinge on how the puzzles vary, it can definitely get tedious. I'm in for finding out though, been one of my most anticipated games for too long.

I'm really curious to see how it is received.

I will buy it eventually if only to appreciate all the work they put on the island.

omgkitty

That strangest thing in The Witness price thread are the people angry because you can't pre-order it on PS4.

If you can't preorder, you can't preload and have it ready to go Monday night. You have to wait until it's up on the site Tuesday afternoon.

The strangest thing in The Witness price thread are the people angry because you can't pre-order it on PS4.

I shall never understand the need to preorder something digitally - it is even crazier if there is no option to preload it and people still preorder.

I am pretty sure The Witness will be one of those games with a twist or shift in tone that can be easily spoiled. It looks like the game is all about learning mechanics and then executing them. I feel like the dozens of hours worth of teaching are going to build to something worthwhile and unexpected that I would like to experience fresh. There is going to be a big "ah-ha" moment in there somewhere... I think.

KingKong

I am pretty sure The Witness will be one of those games with a twist or shift in tone that can be easily spoiled. It looks like the game is all about learning mechanics and then executing them. I feel like the dozens of hours worth of teaching are going to build to something worthwhile and unexpected that I would like to experience fresh. There is going to be a big "ah-ha" moment in there somewhere... I think.

you zoom out on the island and realize it's been shaped like a weiner this whole time

daydream

Banned
heads-up: if it's another super late cast, i won't be there to post it. you can wait a couple of hours till i'm up or go ahead like last week

daydream

Banned
I just still have no idea how the puzzles in The Witness work. If all you do is draw lines on a tablet....I don't know. That doesn't sound that fun to me? Maybe it is.

isn't it going to be different kinds of puzzles scattered around the island? in my head i'm thinking myst but less obscure and story-focused but maybe this is an outdated expectation

either way, it will be vastly more interesting to me than talos principle just because of variety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom