• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
More than anything else, I'm looking forward to see Brad's output for Kotaku. Always felt like he was a bit restrained at Giant Bomb, with having to edit the podcast and all.

Tubobutts

time for that glorious podcast of rorie talking to himself for three hours

I don't know how Rorie is going to get distracted looking things up, not hear what everyone else is saying, and then ask a question that was answered five seconds previously if he's all by himself.

Rorie is the best.

kiguel182

More than anything else, I'm looking forward to see Brad's output for Kotaku. Always felt like he was a bit restrained at Giant Bomb, with having to edit the podcast and all.

Editing the podcast takes a lot of his time that's for sure.

Time where he could be making videos about Dota. His true calling.

Qblivion

YWX0gxV.png

Wow I wonder what happened between them. Sad to see a friendship ruined.

this is satire

FStop7

Banned
That price is going to divide a lot of people. Some will argue it is worth $60 as much as any other game but some will declare any indie game above $20 a crime.

A week from today - all being well - The Witness, Darkest Dungeon and Prison Architect will all be out as "final" releases. We truly are in the end of days.

Edit: Someone just reminded me that Blow still plans an iOS version. I wonder if he will try and break the magical $10 mobile barrier or just take the moaning from people who paid $40.

Everything I've heard indicates it's a 30 to 50 hour game. I have no doubt it will easily be worth $40.

If Kerbal's worth $40 (and it is, easily) then so is The Witness.

My purchase of the witness will basically come down to whether it gets hype or not.

Which I realize is not a very controversial thing to say, considering that's how 99% of the human race makes buying decisions.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The problem is if I want to play what it offers for 30-50 hours.

I played the Talos Principle for 27 hours (including the DLC and 100% it) and felt like that was the perfect length. Don't know if I even want a 50 hour puzzle game. I guess we'll see.
Also, I'm not into the whole Fez "Let's figure this out on a website" thing, so I'll probably get stuck at something and then quit and read up what crazy secrets there are a year later or so.

omgkitty

YWX0gxV.png

Wow I wonder what happened between them. Sad to see a friendship ruined.

this is satire

Some of the GB guys didn't even go to Ryan's wedding if I remember correctly. Honestly I think we see all of them as friends, but for some of them it seems to be more of a coworker type relationship.

Despite having it for over three years, I've been recently getting back into Kerbal thanks the GB East. I am definitely no rocket surgeon..... wait, that's not right. But seriously, I can barely make it out of Kerbin most times. I'm not mad though. Spectacular failures are part of KSP's charm. In one mission, I stupidly set my stages incorrectly. I had eight thrusters on the side to help launch me, but did not include the main thrusters in that stage. Those eight side thrusters were connected to a radial decoupler. Without the main thrusters, the side thrusters were doing nothing for me and I needed to ignite the main thrusters to take off. However, to do so, I needed to eject the side thrusters. I essentially set off wayward rockets (eight of them!). Thankfully, their trajectory had them all landing in a circumference away from the launch area. Also, I had enough thrust to take off into space for a moment before Kerbin's gravity pulled me back in for a safe landing. In the next mission, my rocket at full thrust starting falling back down and I accidentally pulled a Vinny and pressed the space bar too many times. The capsule starting falling at a faster rate than the rocket and somehow the rocket spun around and had a head-on collision with the capsule. Thankfully the capsule wasn't destroyed and I was able to get Velentina Kermin home safely... well relatively safely. That wayward rocket was essentially a missile that was careening back towards the launch area.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the GB guys didn't even go to Ryan's wedding if I remember correctly. Honestly I think we see all of them as friends, but for some of them it seems to be more of a coworker type relationship.

Which is fine right? They are literally co-workers. As long as they can make the video stuff work, I don't care if they secretly hate each other. (Which we all know Brad and Dan do, haha)

Zoggy

we all know brads not invited because jeff hates him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom