• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o18ayqShSJ1u5eu8ao1_540.png

Gotta love Paul.

Paul is the best.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know, there was a new Crusader Kings 2 DLC announced. That doesn't happen often. It's only happened twenty or so times since the game came out, so they should catch up with what's there before the new content hits.

You know, there was a new Crusader Kings 2 DLC announced. That doesn't happen often. It's only happened twenty or so times since the game came out, so they should catch up with what's there before the new content hits.

Only one game gets multiple QLs. That game is King's Quest.

We'll never know why.

Tubobutts

I'll only believe in Newdan if he stops going to Taco Bell and only eats food based on how "authentic" it is.

Wait how do we know he's not Nude Anne?

justjim89

Darkest Dungeon is so fucking mean, but so so good.

The corpse system is just enough of a "fuck you" to the player to be tolerable but still a complete nuisance.

Bacon

The true shock will come years later when you find out they all hated each other's guts, like with Opie and Anthony.

I've never particularly like opie and Anthony but their fallout and now opie and Jims fallout has led to some spectacularly entertaining radio.

santeesioux

I've never particularly like opie and Anthony but their fallout and now opie and Jims fallout has led to some spectacularly entertaining radio.

I hadn't even listened to them in years, but you can bet I was looking on the old message boards for youtube videos of the arguments. Ron and Fez were always better though.

It seems to written for non-gamers. Push past the first couple of paragraphs and there is interesting stuff. That line is really dumb though.

This interview is incredible.

clinteastwoodingrantorinoshudder.gif

Didn't get past the "Citizen Kane of video games" comment. Thing's a death sentence for a gaming article and game criticism.

"It's time for tough talk, not tough tacos."

- Gerstmann 2016

Making America great again.

Will the next play date be a series like LiS or a one off like The Witcher?

Have they played the Zero Escape series with the 3rd coming up? With Austin thats a maybe.

yami4ct

Have they played the Zero Escape series with the 3rd coming up? With Austin thats a maybe.

Vinny and Alex certainly haven't. Austin might have. I'm not sure. The only way they could stream 999 would be an emulator, but I guess they don't have a problem with that given the castlevania series. VLR would me much harder. Is it PSTV compatible? If so, I guess they could buy and use that.

The chance of the ZE games getting a Playdate are really, really low. Playdates either come from either the community really digging something or the crew wanting to play something. Crusader Kings, Anno, or Phantasmagoria 2 are much more likely options. The very most likely thing is probably something weird that comes out of nowhere like Contradiction.

Vinny and Alex certainly haven't. Austin might have. I'm not sure. The only way they could stream 999 would be an emulator, but I guess they don't have a problem with that given the castlevania series. VLR would me much harder. Is it PSTV compatible? If so, I guess they could buy and use that.

The chance of the ZE games getting a Playdate are really, really low. Playdates either come from either the community really digging something or the crew wanting to play something. Crusader Kings, Anno, or Phantasmagoria 2 are much more likely options. The very most likely thing is probably something weird that comes out of nowhere like Contradiction.

Yeah, I'm just spit-balling but everything they do with those I either love and/or the community loves so bring it on. Austin hypothesizing and Alex seeing those tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeests and freaking would be grand video, though.

I wonder if there's any chance of an updated 3DS port of 999 that would let you skip stuff you've seen VLR-style. That in itself would make the game twice as stream-friendly.

yami4ct

I wonder if there's any chance of an updated 3DS port of 999 that would let you skip stuff you've seen VLR-style. That in itself would make the game twice as stream-friendly.

Zero Time Dilemma just barely got made. It took Aksys throwing money at Spike Chunsoft to justify its creation. There is almost zero chance of a 999 remake.

FluxWaveZ

Though I like Zero Escape more, Danganronpa is out on Steam next month and that could be interesting...

The thing about games like Zero Escape and Danganronpa is that they required buildup and an investment in the game's atmosphere before it reaches that culmination point. For example, there's a good chance that if Danganronpa were to be played from the start on something like Playdate, they wouldn't even reach the first Classroom Trial, which is the entire point.

Aviary Attorney could be neat, but that runs into the same problem. There aren't many of the criminal mystery adventure games that can start off as hastily as the first case in Ace Attorney 1.

yami4ct

Though I like Zero Escape more, Danganronpa is out on Steam next month and that could be interesting...

I feel like the atmosphere and story of both ZE and Danganronpa aren't great for LPs. They are games you play at your own pace and drape yourself in the tone. They are very much games you wanna lock yourself in a room and play alone.

Having commentary on top of any of those series would be awful, and watching someone play a VN style game in general isn't fun. There aren't even real choices like there are in LiS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom