• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he will become his wrestling persona?
CS6ZXNzUsAEl2Dx.jpg

Jintor

Didn't you want to get away from deaths?

3 kerbins will drift forever around mun. I don't quite understand how to efficiently get into mun entry parameters.

Also this maneuver/autostability stuff really makes kerbel a lot easier (so to speak) than I thought. I'm sure I'll be eating these words real soon

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, he might have done a real life Face Off thing, I don't know. He is a big Nic Cage fan after all.

Patryn

Has anyone else played Shadowrun: Hong Kong? If so, will you please confirm that Gobbet's mission is the most bugged out fucking mess I've seen in a shipped game in years?

Seriously, I think it took me about 20 tries to finish that mission, figuring out the exact actions (including having to save after one specific dialogue, quitting the game, and reloading!) in order to have all the triggers successfully kick off to allow me to complete it. I was getting everything: Critical interaction items doing nothing, going into combat and suddenly I can't control one of my characters, exiting the area to end the mission except the final trigger doesn't kick off so you transition to the final screen permanently stuck in combat mode...

Worst part is that I really like the game. I'm just shocked they let it ship like that and especially that they haven't patched it up.

Has anyone else played Shadowrun: Hong Kong? If so, will you please confirm that Gobbet's mission is the most bugged out fucking mess I've seen in a shipped game in years?
I had no issues throughout the whole game, it sucks to hear that you weren't so lucky. Hopefully it doesn't impact your overall enjoyment too much.

Xater

Seriously, I think it took me about 20 tries to finish that mission, figuring out the exact actions (including having to save after one specific dialogue, quitting the game, and reloading!) in order to have all the triggers successfully kick off to allow me to complete it. I was getting everything: Critical interaction items doing nothing, going into combat and suddenly I can't control one of my characters, exiting the area to end the mission except the final trigger doesn't kick off so you transition to the final screen permanently stuck in combat mode...

Worst part is that I really like the game. I'm just shocked they let it ship like that and especially that they haven't patched it up.

I had zero issues with the game and I played through it right after it launched.

Huh, that wasn't the case at all with mine. I don't remember having any bugs in that game, actually, though that was before they patched it a few times.

Patryn

Interesting. Surprising to hear, because Googling indicated that I'm not the only person who encountered this particular issue.

Curious if you guys
did the mutiny or did you scuttle the ship?

Patryn

I'll add that I also played it at launch.

Scuttle

Ok, that's the same thing I did, although I followed a path where I
organized the mutiny
and then switched to
scuttle after finding the bodies in the killing pit

Sucks that apparently I'm one of the unlucky ones. Worst part is that I had to go through the hell of it twice, because the first time
I had ignored Bao's e-mail thinking I could do it after the mission not realizing it was timed and came back to find Maximum Law dead
so I had to redo it after fixing that mistake.

But enough Shadowrun. How 'bout that Giant Bomb, eh?

danm999

No issues with that Gobbet mission myself.

Did the mutiny. I figured if places like that didn't exist, more people get pushed into the Walled City, which is a nightmare factory.

The game seemed to emphasis the positive or negative power places can have when given emotional meaning by those who live in them, and I didn't feel that anarchic commune was doomed because a Rat King took over.

Have they announced a release date for the mini-campaign add on for SR:HK yet? It must be fairly soon since a whole bunch of new achievements popped up.

(Oh and I went
mutiny
.)

Finally caught up on Bombcast. The discussion about VR GB content last week was interesting. They should throw a 360 degree camera on the UPF couch and then let people watch UPF in VR from that prospective. Watching UPF from the couch would be rad.

Have they announced a release date for the mini-campaign add on for SR:HK yet? It must be fairly soon since a whole bunch of new achievements popped up.

(Oh and I went
mutiny
.)
I totally forgot that was a thing, I'd like for Harebrained to take a break before the next full game but I'll happily play a little more Shadowrun now.

I am honestly super pumped for the Battletech game. I trust them to do that justice.
I'm definitely interested in that and I'm hoping that once they're done with that they work on the engine for the next Shadowrun. Even with them dropping mobile for Hong Kong it still felt like they were trying to cram their ideas into that engine.

GavinGT

Banned
The last couple seconds of Project B.E.A.S.T. tell the tale: they totally made it to Mun with enough fuel to get back. Now it's just a matter of executing it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom