• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only (kirk)hope.

fBljhoi.gif

Holy shit that Delta-V map hahaha

lol.

Vinny should ditch the asparagus staging.

explanation: to do that, he's basically building a dumb platform that is pushing his tower of a ship into space. center of thrust should be slightly ahead of center of mass, not all the way at the ass end.

e: er, or behind. I don't remember. you can fudge it

Megasoum

Banned
Austin: "I officially don't trust that piece of paper"

Yeah... Cause it's the piece of paper that you can't trust in that whole equation lol.

mattp

hey guys, because of gb i started up life is strange last night. went in pretty blind
does the hurdle of "man this dialog is pretty awkward and they seem to be trying to make these kids talk like kids, but it comes off as old men writing dialog for kids that don't actually know how real kids talk" ever get easier to climb over? i'm not super far in, just got the tools to fix max's camera.
i can see the awkward dialog becoming charming eventually? but so far its been...eh

hey guys, because of gb i started up life is strange last night. went in pretty blind
does the hurdle of "man this dialog is pretty awkward and they seem to be trying to make these kids talk like kids, but it comes off as old men writing dialog for kids that don't actually know how real kids talk" ever get easier to climb over? i'm not super far in, just got the tools to fix max's camera.
i can see the awkward dialog becoming charming eventually? but so far its been...eh
No it pretty much stays that way and even gets worse. It's hard for me to get past, but it has a decent story.

LiK

just keep playing. there's Twin Peaks influence and remember that French devs wrote the dialogue to try and sound like Americans. it's charming.

daveo42

Banned

The dialogue is hella cool tho.

You get use to it over time, but for some reason, I never got over the sheer amount of cursing in it even if I curse alot. Maybe it's because they are teenagers and swears are just sprinkled into every sentence? Do teens talk like that? Am I old?

Maybe I should go lie down.

It gets a little better, they lay it on extra thick in the first episode, you also get used to it.

Halfway through BEAST, there were shades of hope that they were getting it. Like when he pulled off the mono tanks and realized how much weight affects Delta-V or when he replaced the Reliant engine with the smaller Terrier and saw the difference in efficiency. I thought, if only for a hot second, that they may have finally "got it." But then he puts on the side engines, and puts the mono tanks back on. And he still has that heavy ass battery and RTG attached to the top.

Halfway through BEAST, there were shades of hope that they were getting it. Like when he pulled off the mono tanks and realized how much weight affects Delta-V or when he replaced the Reliant engine with the smaller Terrier and saw the difference in efficiency. I thought, if only for a hot second, that they may have finally "got it." But then he puts on the side engines, and puts the mono tanks back on. And he still has that heavy ass battery and RTG attached to the top.

That's the BEAST we love alright

it's not a great episode because it's a lot of bad design decisions and not a lot of testing. he's not experienced enough of a builder to just build a rocket from scratch and then test it at the end. test it iteratively man. both for your own good and our entertainment.

it only starts to get good in the last two minutes of the episode and we have to wait to see how that thing turns out.

I'm going to lose my mind if he keeps building asparagus stages and keeps wondering why everything goes wacky when he detaches a stage

I think for BEAST there's a fine line between "oh this is fun to watch them fuck up" and "ffs vinny watch the tutorials or something."

unfortunately this one fell into the latter. I can't wait to see what that thing at the end of the episode can('t) do though

Should have been Jeff and Austin.

wouldn't have pissed off the anime nerds as much, so nah

e: lul

If you are going to do a review about a ghost in the shell game and say the original movie "wasn't that good". You may have lost most of your viewers.

these guys being so dismissive about anime is quite disrespectful to Japanese culture. Its not like we dismiss american animation so readily.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
glad that Jeff made the talk about Making a Murderer insufferable and all about himself and how he doesn't like it despite not having seen it. Guy needs to not dominate every single discussion sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom