• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Well, it's possible that Scott gave them an idea of how to accomplish the rendevous and then they pulled it off.

Sure, that's possible, I suppose. But I imagine that even if that was it, there was something stupid/crazy/wtf about the specific manner in which they pulled it off. It couldn't have gone to script.

Noaloha

Austin's "I'm still shaking" tweet makes me think it's not anything to do with him. It's either they pulled off something way beyond their ability, or got a way more impressive guest in somehow.

My first assumption is that the 'shaking' thing comes from a zero-gravity EVA transfer (ie. a stranded Kerbal leaving their ship and attempting to balloon-air on over to a rescue vessel) because, even though KSP's kerbal suit propellant is pretty forgiving and manageable, that shit is just tense and scary as fuck on a purely primal level.

I think it's perfectly possible that Scott skype/screenshared in with them and talked them through it, a la someone in an airport tower calmly talking a civilian into landing a plane.

hamchan

I think Austin is shaking because he saw something horrific. That is a spaceship going a million miles per hour smashing straight into a stranded Kerbal, killing him instantly.

Brashnir

I think Austin is shaking because he saw something horrific. That is a spaceship going a million miles per hour smashing straight into a stranded Kerbal, killing him instantly.

Austin has shown that he longer cares about the lives of the Kerbal after what happened to Bill.

Well that achieves their goals just as well as actually saving them I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinny called an audible and changed the parameters of the mission. From a rescue mission to a hush-up job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom