• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

I forget, when do This Year's Bombcast recaps come out typically? Really looking forward to 2015's. Maybe they'll even do one for the Beastcast.

The guy on his personal Twitter essentially said those podcasts are dead. He doesn't have time to do them anymore

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not just that though, the this year dude breaks it into sections and if there are long running bits he'll group them together.

I can see how it takes a LOT of work.

justjim89

It's not just that though, the this year dude breaks it into sections and if there are long running bits he'll group them together.

I can see how it takes a LOT of work.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to imply otherwise. The pacing on those were always tremendous. I just meant if someone wanted to do a quick and dirty version, Myggen's channel would be a huge resource.

Myggen

Yeah agreed, although I don't blame him, I'm sure it takes a lot of work and time to curate and put them together.

For sure. It's not much work to take notes and upload highlights after a few days of episodes going up like I do, but actually curating a 4+ hour Best Of podcast has to be really time consuming.

Downwell is really hard to play on a phone (how does Drew do it?) and Horizon Chase stopped letting me pick most of the levels, so I think I'm done with phone games for a few months again. At least UPF let me see the end of Downwell. Thanks, Mary.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
so Mary will be the next hire eventually, right?

right?

edit Yeeess @ O'Dwyer as well, that would be ace.

Xater

He's a character from the Serious Sam games. Devolver Digital kind of treat him as their Kevin Butler style mascot.

It's still weird Brad thought it was that weird. I honestly can't remember the last Devolver game Fork Parker wasn't included in some form.

Wait, Fork Parker isn't real? You just ruined my day.

Yeah he is fictional but everyone at Devolver is in on the joke. I once asked one of the Devolver guys about how it is to work with Fork and immediately got a semi-straight answer. It's the best.

Myggen

Via Humanity:

tumblr_o1cvkliJDV1qmtbr4o1_1280.jpg

Quentyn

IDARB still looks like a unplayable mess. I have been watching them play for minutes now and still have no idea what is going on.

Xater

IDARB still looks like a unplayable mess. I have been watching them play for minutes now and still have no idea what is going on.

My eyes just glaze over after a while and today I just fell asleep again watching IDARB. I was fine the rest of the show. Keep in mind I watched this after waking up and eating breakfast.

IDARB is firmly in that "oh this is funny for 5 minutes and I never want see it again" category of games.

Jeff: So brad...
Brad: I'm getting there.
Roarie: No you're not.
Brad: Fuck you.

Amazing start.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I was pretty entertained by Brad fumbling his way through DOSbox instead of just going to a source port right away.

I was legit impressed on how Brad got the hang of that insane Doom level after getting into it for a bit. Also, Mary. This episode was just great gaming all over
except for friggin IDARB ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom