• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that The Witness wants you to use tools outside the game is pretty exciting to me. I don't want to have to manually write down passwords frequently or draw maps in a Metroid-like game, but working out solutions and theories on paper sounds great.

justjim89

I think I just need to take a break from The Witness. Every time I play it I get infuriated at something else. I was listening to the Bombcast on my morning run and the whole time they were talking about The Witness it felt like they were talking about a different game that was actually good. I was audibly going "Huh? Really?" several times.

tuxfool

Banned
The idea that The Witness wants you to use tools outside the game is pretty exciting to me. I don't want to have to manually write down passwords frequently or draw maps in a Metroid-like game, but working out solutions and theories on paper sounds great.

It doesn't want you to use tools, you just can, to varying degrees.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Who else is excited for Metal Gear Scanlon in three hours!?!?? Hooray

0036_pwjrz.gif

Bowlie

Banned
I am excited!

---

Looks like you played the game way more than I did, so my opinion could change with time. I hope not, though.

Teddified

Not excited but I'll watch MGSV to the end. I'll just skip though some of the boring combat segments if he get stuck on something or just have it on in the background unless some dialog or cutscene pops up.

I made good progress in that area today actually.

The revelation in how to solve the panels there was a really, really, cool moment.
Yeah, that was one of the best revelatory moments I've had with the game so far (The Witness spoilers, by the way).
I spent a good half an hour wandering around the overground bit of that area with no clue where to even start yesterday, then came back to it earlier today and accidentally positioned myself in such as way that I could solve one of the in-world puzzles in front of the temple and had a massive 'oh fuck' moment, then blew through the rest of that area in, like, 45 minutes or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arent we due for a Sam Kalman Beastcast appearance right about now? Whats she been doing lately? Shes a fun guest

Fireblend

Banned
Off topic discussion be damned, I just got Steins;Gate true ending and my mind is blown. That game, goddamn. It's gonna take me a while to recover from the mind fuckery it has inflicted. So goooood.

Anyway, time to buy The Witness. Hopefully enough of my mind will be back by the time it's installed (probably tomorrow).

Bowlie

Banned
Off topic discussion be damned, I just got Steins;Gate true ending and my mind is blown. That game, goddamn. It's gonna take me a while to recover from the mind fuckery it has inflicted. So goooood.

hahahahaha, damn right it is. I was mentally exhausted and exhilarated.

I don't think it's exactly a ringing endorsement for Brad to say "By the last section of the game I wanted to die" for the Witness

I mean I know he gave it a 5 and everything but damn there's no way I'm going to touch this thing with a ten foot
bat
pole

Like I can tell they enjoy it but man I can't imagine banging my head on a puzzle for so long, or that taking a break could mean you somehow lose progress because you don't remember the gimmick.

I don't think it's exactly a ringing endorsement for Brad to say "By the last section of the game I wanted to die" for the Witness

I mean I know he gave it a 5 and everything but damn there's no way I'm going to touch this thing with a ten foot
bat
pole

I think that was more in regard to him having to pull a 16-hour marathon to make the review embargo date. He's positively glowing about it on the Bombcast.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Darkest Dungeons QL.... Man that intro is fucking fantastic.

That narrator is chewing the SHIT out of those lines lol. Amazing.

Megasoum

Banned
I generally always love random banter during GB Videos but I must admit that Vinny and Austin not giving a shit and just talking over Alex during the Darkest Dungeon is kind of annoying.

Tubobutts

Nintendo doesn't like their people to guest on things, especially after that guy that got fired for talking openly on a podcast about Nintendo business stuff.

I didn't even know Jared was working for Nintendo. So that's what it is. For some reason I thought he was working for 2k.

Who is Jared

and what does he do

He used to be at Twitch, and then WWE 2K for a hot minute, and now he's at Nintendo.

He used to be on the Powerbombcast before being swallowed into the Nintendo media silence vortex.

Not to be confused with the Jared that some in this thread thought was going to be hired by Giant Bomb.

Brashnir

He used to be at Twitch, and then WWE 2K for a hot minute, and now he's at Nintendo.

He used to be on the Powerbombcast before being swallowed into the Nintendo media silence vortex.

Not to be confused with the Jared that some in this thread thought was going to be hired by Giant Bomb.

also not to be confused with the former Subway guy who likes to sex up little kids.

He does a mean Dusty Rhodes impression, daddy

oh shit

ic

If you don't know who Jared is it's conceivable you haven't heard this

no that's hurting my ears

Brad: I'm gonna make a blanket statement that any argument that you have to go outside of this game to find content for this game is utterly unconvincing.

Meanwhile, everyone is flipping out over how great The Witness is and having to use graph paper and shit, as if that's a point in its favor.

It works for Etrian Odyssey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom