• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohnonono

I have connected MGSV to the network one time. It game me a ton of stuff from those award things. I noticed that the menus took longer to load in and disconnected and went negative with my money. Connected again and did a couple missions to get into the positive again then disconnected and never went back. Those gifts are like getting in bed with the devil.

Yeah, he really went out of his way with that one post of two sentences.

Technically that would be him telling us how offended he is, not really him getting offended. For all we know he could be following Dan around all day just waiting for Dan to step over the proverbial line.

Sakwoff

Not to be confused with the Jared that some in this thread thought was going to be hired by Giant Bomb.

I just have to mention here that Jared Rosen's twitter game is fucking incredible. Definitely one to follow.

I think he and Alex would get along well. (and probably create a swirling void of nothingness that consumes everything)

kvk1

Some of you have a very heavy handed way of shutting down discussions about the site that you personally find not on the completely positive side of the spectrum.

I love the guys, but they're not infallible. Sometimes they say stupid shit.

Where else should a consumer of the website's content voice their opinions on the matter but the designated Giant Bomb thread?

Heimbeck

Banned
Some of you have a very heavy handed way of shutting down discussions about the site that you personally find not on the completely positive side of the spectrum.

Where else should a consumer of the website's content voice their opinions on the matter but the designated Giant Bomb thread?

Maybe we should make a second Giant Bomb thread to make sure people don't complain?
Although, maybe some people would complain about that.
So we should make a third Giant Bomb thread for those complaints to go.

Perfect I think, can't see anything wrong with it.
If you do have any complaints about my post please go to the fourth Giant Bomb thread for GB-GAF complaints.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Youtube comments

If GB doesn't say stupid shit from time to time, I just don't think it'd be GB.

Haunted

Watching the Darkest Dungeons QL.... Man that intro is fucking fantastic.

That narrator is chewing the SHIT out of those lines lol. Amazing.
Yes!

So many good lines even commenting on things later in the game. That Darkest Dungeon commentator voicepack for Dota 2 just has to happen.

kvk1

Nobody, just can't rationalize having that sentiment but at the same time wanting to complain about their stupid shit in any kind of serious note.

At no point did I use the word complain in my posts.

Unless you find any discussion "not on the completely positive side of the spectrum" to be a complaint.

I hope Alex bangs out a Darkest Dungeon review. Sounds like he's poured a ton of time into that game and I'd love to get more of his thoughts on it (though it sounds like the next review will be Dan on Mario & Luigi).

Bowlie

Banned
kvk1, I did The Thing with the
sun dial
. I'm the smartest guy in the world right now, what a cool moment.

(it wasn't really that hard)

edit: yeah, tagged seconds after I posted.

kvk1

Bowlie you might want to spoiler tag a part of that post mate.

Nice job though, I felt so good after finishing that part. Only to be crushed by the next set of panels with the shapes.

I honestly don't know how I'm gonna get through them without at least checking out a non-spoilery guide.

At no point did I use the word complain in my posts.

Unless you find any discussion "not on the completely positive side of the spectrum" to be a complaint.

I'm confused and kind of lost, I wasn't really commenting on you complaining or anything, just the part about shutting down conversation just because it's in a negative slant. A lot of times this thread is nothing but complaints, anywhere from lack of content to being bad at games to a bunch of personal shit. I was just saying it seems odd to ever complain about the stuff the guys say because the dumb shit they say is basically a keystone of GB. I wasn't trying to make any huge point. Sorry if it was taken any other way. I was going by your comment that there was apparently complaining before hand, not you specifically.

kvk1

I'm confused and kind of lost, I wasn't really commenting on you complaining or anything, just the part about shutting down conversation just because it's in a negative slant. A lot of times this thread is nothing but complaints, anywhere from lack of content to being bad at games to a bunch of personal shit. I was just saying it seems odd to ever complain about the stuff the guys say because the dumb shit they say is basically a keystone of GB. I wasn't trying to make any huge point. Sorry if it was taken any other way.

That's a fair point, and I want to emphasize that I love the setup (and people) we have here and wouldn't have it any other way. It might get rowdy but it always self-corrects itself.

The witness OT is starting to become off limits, I've stumbled into spoilers a couple of times now which is a shame as I'd like some hints for some puzzles but I don't necessarily want the actual answer.

LiK

The witness OT is starting to become off limits, I've stumbled into spoilers a couple of times now which is a shame as I'd like some hints for some puzzles but I don't necessarily want the actual answer.

yea, I stopped going there. some people are just straight up revealing stuff.

Yeah, I stopped looking in there after taking a look yesterday. Just straight up images of puzzle patterns just seems like a dumb thing to look at if you aren't actually learning what got the person there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's a pretty good idea for a thread!

Anyone else having log in for GB issues on mobile?

When I click to log in it gives me a connection issues message.
https://twitter.com/frailgesture/status/692419740204208133
Related!?

Bowlie

Banned
I only go there asking for vague hints and get the hell out. Once I'm done with it and the thread is not a minefield to me anymore, I'll help everybody.

I only go there asking for vague hints and get the hell out. Once I'm done with it and the thread is not a minefield to me anymore, I'll help everybody.

Maybe you can help me out with whether something actually does anything or not. Left it in the OT but never got a response. Don't really want an answer but just if it does something more. It's kind of early and is actually shown in the GB QL kind of.
The pots in the boat house looking building next to symmetry. I figured out how to make specific ones rise up and that the parallel ones sort of fill in each other to make a whole product, but is anything else done with these?

Frith

witness discussion needs need 3 levels of spoiler you can click on in order

1 rough area
2 how far through you are
3 then say the specifics

then people can help each other but only look at things your have got passed

Bowlie

Banned
Maybe you can help me out with whether something actually does anything or not. Left it in the OT but never got a response. Don't really want an answer but just if it does something more. It's kind of early and is actually shown in the GB QL kind of.
The pots in the boat house looking building next to symmetry. I figured out how to make specific ones rise up and that the parallel ones sort of fill in each other to make a whole product, but is anything else done with these?

I don't know, sorry.

looks like you have done more in that place than I did!
I thought I was done with that area; now I have to go back and see what I missed.

---

MGScanlon was cool

Frith

witness discussion needs need 3 levels of spoiler you can click on in order

1 rough area
2 how far through you are
3 then say the specifics

then people can help each other but only look at things your have got passed

edit: that said that probably wouldn't have worked for what reparmanjack just said and i probably am just going to stop clicking shit now wut!

real edit: oh this was a new post sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom