• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't touched the game since finishing it so I currently have the same expression as Dan. Super curious to boot up my copy now just to check out the rewards.

I'm at like 70% and have played over 100 hours of that game. If Drew unlocked that much stuff I'm genuinely curious to see what I unlocked.

Though at this point, I really only need fuel for MB expansions and GMP for weapon research development

I'd really like a full playthrough of Snatcher.

Yes, with Brad+Jason(I'd love to see Drew there) and Jeff at the wheel it'd be a good premium feature!

Holy shit

Drew:"Every John Woo movie I've seen is terrible"
Dan:(In the most serious face I've ever seen)"Uh, Face-off?"
Drew:"Oh"
Dan:"Ok, Ok."

Huh, I don't remember the zombo-soldiers in the mansion, is that because he left snipers alive?

Edit-Oh, Quiet isn't with him anymore >_> Wonder how the next part will play out..

This episode was like a call back to earlier MGScanlon seasons. Cutscenes, fun gameplay, ahh...

Oh my god, Drew's reaction to the end of that chapter lmao

Awesome episode, can't wait for the next one!

Time to watch the new old games show. It's like 2015 all over again.

yami4ct

I'm just wrapping up Chapter 5 now in Trails of Cold Steel now. Damn this game is so good. It feels like they've learned a ton since they made Trails in the Sky FC. It's just a much better paced story while still being the slow and deliberate intro they want for a new segment in the franchise.

Also, I'm super shocked how dark they are getting in this initial entry. They saved all that stuff for the second go in Trails in the Sky. I wonder what that means for Cold Steel II.

I'm just wrapping up Chapter 5 now in Trails of Cold Steel now. Damn this game is so good. It feels like they've learned a ton since they made Trails in the Sky FC. It's just a much better paced story while still being the slow and deliberate intro they want for a new segment in the franchise.

Also, I'm super shocked how dark they are getting in this initial entry. They saved all that stuff for the second go in Trails in the Sky. I wonder what that means for Cold Steel II.

I can't wait till you finish Cold Steel 1. We're gonna need to talk about that entire end sequence (though obviously not here).

Glad to see you're really enjoying it. CS1 does some really ambitious things as it should considering it's the first game to take place in Erebonia.

that's a very different video series

2602907-9563359732-iO0OE.gif

yami4ct

I can't wait till you finish Cold Steel 1. We're gonna need to talk about that entire end sequence (though obviously not here).

Glad to see you're really enjoying it. CS1 does some really ambitious things as it should considering it's the first game to take place in Erebonia.

Absolutely. I'm going to try and push through it here fairly quickly since I want to wrap this all up before Fire Emblem hits.

As you said, this game is surprisingly ambitious. They're doing a lot with what first appeared to be a pretty simple and repetitive chapter structure. There are a ton of moments already where I went 'man, I'd love to go to the thing they're talking about, but no way they put it in this entry' and they go and do it like 40 minutes later. Finding out we were going to get to go to the
Nord Highlands
was a pretty fantastic surprise moment. Seeing that place for the first time was even better. Pretty decent vistas considering this is a Vita game.

Absolutely. I'm going to try and push through it here fairly quickly since I want to wrap this all up before Fire Emblem hits.

As you said, this game is surprisingly ambitious. They're doing a lot with what first appeared to be a pretty simple and repetitive chapter structure. There are a ton of moments already where I went 'man, I'd love to go to the thing they're talking about, but no way they put it in this entry' and they go and do it like 40 minutes later. Finding out we were going to get to go to the
Nord Highlands
was a pretty fantastic surprise moment. Seeing that place for the first time was even better. Pretty decent vistas considering this is a Vita game.

Not even in just environmental locations. The story beats frequently hit much harder and on a much grander scale (though you still haven't seen the full picture of it yet), and the game has a massive, yet memorable number of characters. For a introduction trails game, the game is certainly on a much grander scale than the Joshua and Estelle story that Sky FC was, which makes sense considering how much grander Erebonia is compared to Liberl.

Also, you're still a pretty decent amount of time away from finishing it. You'll probably get it done before Fire Emblem drops, but there's still plenty of game ahead of you.

Jintor

i got a weird urge to play some bioshock. i never did play any of that bioshock dlc.

i know minerva's den is widely considered da best, but any of that other stuff ever any good?

justjim89

i got a weird urge to play some bioshock. i never did play any of that bioshock dlc.

i know minerva's den is widely considered da best, but any of that other stuff ever any good?

If you have an appetite for old school stuff, you should check out the System Shock series. 1 and 2 are both great, though 2 is a bit easier to get into.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if Jeff's watched the season premiere of Lucha Underground season 2 yet
CZwFdpyWEAAQenk.jpg

CxXOmYu.jpg

because now it's WMAC Masters and Mortal Kombat

I'll get my coat

I want to say at some point we had a number for that and it was somewhere between 25-30? I could be thinking of something entirely different, though.

I thought Burial at Sea was good too, especially the second one. Best gameplay in Bioshock to date. Just don't think about the story too much.

It's been really hard to do anything else besides The Witness. 250 puzzles strong and 10+'s. My days now consist of Witness, working out and doing what I have to do to make time for more Witness. Fuck.

Rainmaker

Banned
I love MGScanlon for the small talk and plus it would bug me if they never finished it after doing 1-4. How they play their game doesn't bother me.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I love MGScanlon for the small talk and plus it would bug me if they never finished it after doing 1-4. How they play their game doesn't bother me.

Dan saying stuff like "Don Draper is a sociopath" while espousing that the USA is the best country in the world makes that a complete turn-off for me as well. That guy should not talk about things that aren't games or wrestling.

Dan saying stuff like "Don Draper is a sociopath" while espousing that the USA is the best country in the world makes that a complete turn-off for me as well. That guy should not talk about things that aren't games or wrestling.

What especially bugs me about him repeating the Draper thing is that another thing he keeps repeating is how cool of a guy James Bond is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom