• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the suggestion at the end of the Powerbombcast
where they maybe take it bi-monthly at most and open the discussion up to anything in the industry's history and not just the current shows.

Plus, I know it seemed jokey but
Dan's suggestion of Patrick joining for one episode after he's paid up his lost bet
would be fun.

Man, what WOULD it take to get the others to join in on the pain fun? At this point it's only Brad, Rorie and Vinny right? I'm pretty sure Jason is in somewhat deep already but he just hasn't been on a PBC if I'm not mistaken.

Zaph

Aside from gifs of that cool Japanese dude, I know nothing about modern wrestling, but fuck it, I'll listen/watch anything that unites the coasts.

Just listened to the end of the Powebombcast just so I would know if it was ok. Will spoiler the actual discussion, but podcast isn't canceled. No fear everyone.

Jeff said he has no way to watch the weekly shows anymore, but will watch stuff like Lucha Underground and NXT and keep his WWE Network sub. Everyone else hates themselves and will keep watching WWE. Alex wants to do the podcast monthly again with less WWE talk and more of the other promotions, just to keep things positive.

Fuck that's like from going from worst news to best news!

So I'm going to a screening of RoosterTeeth's movie tonight. I'm planning to wear my GiantBomb t-shirt, cause that amuses me. I shall let y'all know if anyone picks a fight.

Bring wine and cheese.

And don't forget the all important:

CooperativeRespectfulDiscus.gif

I'm going cause I'm a fan of RoosterTeeth and I contributed to their crowd funding campaign for it.

And I actually feel like the turnaround on the movie coming out has been pretty fast, I think it was less than 2 years?

Anywho, I'm looking forward to it and thought I'd add a little spice with the GB t-shirt, I doubt anyone will even notice though.

I'm going cause I'm a fan of RoosterTeeth and I contributed to their crowd funding campaign for it.

And I actually feel like the turnaround on the movie coming out has been pretty fast, I think it was less than 2 years?

Anywho, I'm looking forward to it and thought I'd add a little spice with the GB t-shirt, I doubt anyone will even notice though.

Only 2 years since the crowd fund? Hmm, feels like it's just been that long since I remember seeing that first trailer. Guess it just seems longer because I never really thought of it.

I do 90% of my Giant Bombin' in the office. I save videos and podcasts on my phone to watch/listen while I'm at work. There's a handful of content that I generally feel is a "must watch" immediately. Generally Mario Party Party, Demo Derby, and Project BEAST. I think I have to include Power Bombcast in that, too much hype.

Only 2 years since the crowd fund? Hmm, feels like it's just been that long since I remember seeing that first trailer. Guess it just seems longer because I never really thought of it.

Just had a quick check as I was curious myself, it was funded in July 2014. So yeah less than two years from then to the film being "out" which is a pretty good turnaround I'd say even for a small production.

To stop all my posts being about RoosterTeeth in here, I'm really glad to see The Old Games Show back. Been slowly making my way through it the last day or so, cool to get a look at Snatcher as I've never actually seen it.

Meneses

Missed opportunity for a "Wait! Is that... Drew "Drew Scanlon" Scanlon's music?!" and popping the Metal Gear Solid theme when introducing him.

Just listened to the end of the Powebombcast just so I would know if it was ok. Will spoiler the actual discussion, but podcast isn't canceled. No fear everyone.

Jeff said he has no way to watch the weekly shows anymore, but will watch stuff like Lucha Underground and NXT and keep his WWE Network sub. Everyone else hates themselves and will keep watching WWE. Alex wants to do the podcast monthly again with less WWE talk and more of the other promotions, just to keep things positive.
Yes! Alex's suggestion is the best route. There's more to talk about and perhaps they might talk more as fans than with all the backstage knowledge that one can get from the wwe.

I don't have twitter, but I went down a small rabbit hole from GB's homepage to Xavier Wood's feed. That guy is ridiculously likable. The nice thing about him being mostly a manager nowadays is that he can keep being entertaining without destroying his body as much as most guys do. Hopefully he's smart and invests his money now so that he can retire before the business takes its toll on him.

Frith

if you don't like wrestling its great to hear jeff angry at something your not invested in so you can just enjoy the rant.

edit i hate to imply i don't love all of jeffs ranting, just this ranting has a certain detached vibe that makes it fun and different. like he's angry about an alternate universe

omgkitty

if you don't like wrestling its great to hear jeff angry at something your not invested in so you can just enjoy the rant.

This. Normally he's getting mad at games I like, but now he's getting mad at something I think is stupid. Angry Jeff is best Jeff.

I don't have twitter, but I went down a small rabbit hole from GB's homepage to Xavier Wood's feed. That guy is ridiculously likable. The nice thing about him being mostly a manager nowadays is that he can keep being entertaining without destroying his body as much as most guys do. Hopefully he's smart and invests his money now so that he can retire before the business takes its toll on him.
His plan as a person who works in wrestling is one of the best. When he finishes his phd in counseling he can open his own practice and he won't have to do anything physical at all. Plus he has his YouTube channel. Smart dude.

justjim89

That was a really good Powerbombcast. Glad it sounds like they're gonna get back to a regular schedule. Hearing Drew's perspective was really fun, and of course he had notes. I'm surprised he didn't just watch the show with Dan over some beers, because that seemed like the best way to do it. I'd love it if he kept watching through Wrestlemania just to get a feel for a full stretch of WWE, but I know that's asking too much of him.

Next, they need to get Brad on.

It really makes me laugh knowing Jeff's favorite thing from the show was Big E fucking the air. I think everyone just wants to be friends with Big E.

I don't know about you guys, but Jeff can rant on everything I love and I'll still enjoy the hell out of it.

If for some reason Jeff ever had to Kickstart something, one of the reward tiers should be a custom recorded Gerstmann rant on you as a person.

Noaloha

For those waiting on the Beastcast, you might want to point your thirsty ears towards Polygon's slippery-new, red and screeching baby of a podcast, CoolGames Inc.

Here's something I'm very excited to announce: a weekly comedy podcast right here on Polygon from myself and Griffin McElroy! It's called CoolGames Inc, it's very dumb, and we hope you subscribe on iTunes.

Here's the pitch: each Friday, Griffin and I take your one-line ideas for video games turn one of them into a full-blown, idiotic design doc, all before bringing on a special guest to evaluate our work. It's stupid, but it's a lot of fun, and we think you'll enjoy it.

In our first episode, we explore the harrowing world of Grandma Wants It Al Dente, the world's first SmartGlass-enabled pasta roguelike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom