• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Almost any wrestling promotion has a Wrestlemania equivalent which is where all the big stuff happens and they build the foundation for the coming year.

NJPW has Wrestle Kingdom

TNA has Bound for Glory

ROH has Final Battle

And so on...

Friday podcasts are stacking up. Beastcast, The Comedy Button, and now Cool Games Inc. Enough to get me through my whole weekend now.

Man, I was really liking Comedy Button for a while, but for some reason around all the wedding and bachelor party talk it just got really weird for me. It became just not fun or something, it became this weird serious talk around all their dumb talk and I just kept skipping around and finally gave up.

justjim89

Man, I was really liking Comedy Button for a while, but for some reason around all the wedding and bachelor party talk it just got really weird for me. It became just not fun or something, it became this weird serious talk around all their dumb talk and I just kept skipping around and finally gave up.

It's gotten back to normal lately. Last week's episode was a hilarious tale of Max's 3-week long bus trip through Vietnam. The most recent Boozocalypse was absolutely incredible, as well. I think it was episode 200?

It's gotten back to normal lately. Last week's episode was a hilarious tale of Max's 3-week long bus trip through Vietnam. The most recent Boozocalypse was absolutely incredible, as well. I think it was episode 200?

I may have to get back in, it was just a weird few episodes and I had a ton of podcasts so I felt like dropping some.

omgkitty

I used to listen to it every week but have dropped off and back on several times. As the show has gone on, it's become more obvious how hard they're trying to be funny and how they're really stretching to make their every day lives funny. Also Scott may also be one of the unfunniest people I've ever heard in my life.

I used to listen to it every week but have dropped off and back on several times. As the show has gone on, it's become more obvious how hard they're trying to be funny and how they're really stretching to make their every day lives funny. Also Scott may also be one of the unfunniest people I've ever heard in my life.

They were always hit or miss with me, the breaking point just sort of happened to be a chain of misses. I always think they're trying too hard comes out the most when they have guests on the show. The episode with Sessler and the episode with little Pete of Pete and Pete were absolutely the worst episodes I ever listened to. They're just hard to listen to when it's not their set group of friends.

The trick is to find somebody who can tell you when it isn't terrible and you can just watch those bits and you'll think wrestling is great, then you get sucked into watching it monthly (or more if you're a truly crazy/masochistic person) and then your life is over.

Sign up for the free WWE Network month and watch any NXT Takeover event from last year because they involve Sasha Banks and she's the greatest performer on the planet

tumblr_ntijyt8jFt1swlf6ho4_500.gif

She made a little girl cry during a match by beating up the girl's idol, taking the girl's headband, ,I king her with it, and then throwing it into the crowd.

She and Dirty Dan would get along perfectly.

She made a little girl cry during a match by beating up the girl's idol, taking the girl's headband, ,I king her with it, and then throwing it into the crowd.

She and Dirty Dan would get along perfectly.

After looking at my keyboard, I'm assuming that's supposed to be mocking. This is like a Layton puzzle or something.

guys my UPF food today is garlic/pepper rubbed pork roast and some hand-made (not by me) spinach and ricotta ravioli

should i just throw it away and get dominos?

cooking's not that hard

I don't know why I waited until a few years ago to learn how to do it

Totally. I just started and experimenting with what works and what doesn't is great fun. I even have my own little notebook and sometimes I feel like I'm doing stuff in the lab again.

Like yesterday I figured out how to cook rice on the stovetop in a way that keeps it fluffy and moist even after a long stay in the fridge.

It's more time consuming than difficult. My wife often cooks for me, but sadly we are now going on a healthier diet. I may or may not have some food allergies, which sucks.

I don't work on fridays, so that's usually my day to make something semi-fancy for dinner.

also yeah, I have some food intolerances so learning how to properly cook meant opening a lot of foods I couldn't eat before because I can sub out things that I can't eat.

anyway, I kind of recommend setting aside a day a week where you can make yourself a nice meal, it's super rewarding

Nero18

Totally. I just started and experimenting with what works and what doesn't is great fun. I even have my own little notebook and sometimes I feel like I'm doing stuff in the lab again.

Like yesterday I figured out how to cook rice on the stovetop in a way that keeps it fluffy and moist even after a long stay in the fridge.

Yesterday i made a chicken sandwich, but instead of other healthy stuff i put some more meat in it. Turned out great. Took a nap afterwards.

I like cooking because I get to feel like I'm in a Hannibal cooking montage and it's only when I say that out loud that I realize the implications that has

yami4ct

There are 2 types of threads I should never visit on the gaming side. Threads about devs removing stuff from games and threads about piracy.

I keep going in thinking it's going to be hilarious, and I always come out a little sad. I always fall for it.

Patryn

I think I am sold on Divison. Love the atmosphere, shooting and movement feel good ™, and it looks pretty good. Will take a gamble on it having enough content.
This is right where I am. The Beta is really enjoyable, although I think I need to tweak some settings.

It's like this weird mishmash of Borderlands and Mass Effect, and that's right up my alley.

Griffin must have rubbed off on Polygon(finally) or something all of a sudden launching a bunch of podcasts.

Polygon has gotten like a billion times better over the last 6 months - year and I have to think the McElroys are a big part of that.

though until Geese is no longer involved, I'll continue to ignore everything related to reviews that they do.

Teddified

There are 2 types of threads I should never visit on the gaming side. Threads about devs removing stuff from games and threads about piracy.

I keep going in thinking it's going to be hilarious, and I always come out a little sad. I always fall for it.

Going into the Witcher/Witcher combat threads are like that for me. I never comment but I always regret going into them.

Bacon

Going into the Witcher/Witcher combat threads are like that for me. I never comment but I always regret going into them.

Yeah it's insane. "Yeah I know the game has incredible story telling, great characters, excellent writing, beautiful art, but at the end of the day the combat is mediocre so the game is literal garbage"

I don't know about you guys, but Jeff can rant on everything I love and I'll still enjoy the hell out of it.

Indeed.

Also great Powerbombcast and i liked Drew's presence as the guy that doesn't know what he got into and needs some explanation.

Props for the guys being understanding and trying to explain without sounding dickish (imo)

there's a lot of people shutting down arguments in that Witness thread, but I'm genuinely curious if the high rate of piracy is due to "I have no idea what this game is and $40 is a lot of money for me."

Like, I think there's genuine discussion to be had there about price point versus not really explaining what someone is buying other than some vague notion of puzzles, but it's not going to happen in that thread.

anyway it's a pc game too and it's too early for Blow to be freaking out. give it 6 months and see if it's still disappointing sales-wise.

justjim89

Yeah it's insane. "Yeah I know the game has incredible story telling, great characters, excellent writing, beautiful art, but at the end of the day the combat is mediocre so the game is literal garbage"

I thought rudds only posted in GB threads, though.

there's a lot of people shutting down arguments in that Witness thread, but I'm genuinely curious if the high rate of piracy is due to "I have no idea what this game is and $40 is a lot of money for me."

Like, I think there's genuine discussion to be had there about price point versus not really explaining what someone is buying other than some vague notion of puzzles, but it's not going to happen in that thread.

anyway it's a pc game too and it's too early for Blow to be freaking out. give it 6 months and see if it's still disappointing sales-wise.

I've gotten over my saltiness about the game in the past few days and it's regressed into a general feeling of being underwhelmed, but from where I sit no way is that game worth $40. I'd have regretted paying $15 for it, honestly.

also visiting Gaming has warned me to have popcorn ready for when No Man's Sky's price is announced.

if it's $60 (it will be), people are going to lose their goddamn minds

I would almost say price is probably the smaller factor. I think the idea of seeing all these reviews and then looking at the game and only seeing puzzles has probably a lot of people wanting to see what it is before the price point even comes into it. Sure the price point comes into it then but I think it's only an issue at that point because, like you said, people really don't know what to think of it.

So many people even in this thread was wondering if it was only panel screens the entire time and didn't get the point of the 3d world. Thats more an issue than the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom