• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Oh my god this entire conversation between Merle and Pan on the latest Adventure Zone is amazing. Legitimately laughing harder than I have in months.

aw yis

As someone who knows nothing about wrestling
except what I learned from Paul Ryckert
, I'm guessing this might be the Powerbombcast to listen to? Drew will be my avatar.

Dude, you can listen to any of them for the funny banter. Doesn't matter if you don't understand half the terms they use.

Also can someone point me to what feed I should use to download this? If I try with my connection now it's saying 6 hours, so I need to use my phone.

edit: oh right it's right there on the page

tchocky

aw yis

Dude, you can listen to any of them for the funny banter. Doesn't matter if you don't understand half the terms they use.

Also can someone point me to what feed I should use to download this? If I try with my connection now it's saying 6 hours, so I need to use my phone.

It will be in the premium podcast feed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think I'll actually listen to this because of Drew.

Listen because of Shinsuke Nakamura

tumblr_nho5ohqsEt1sbzhteo1_400.gif

He commands it.

I put that into Overcast and it's not found, argh

Does Overcast have an area where you can put in authentication with a feed URL? (your Giant Bomb username/password) If not you'll have to plug it in manually. Pretty sure it should look like

http://username:password@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

Move or Die QL on the site defaults to the YouTube version. never seen a video on the site do that before.

The Amiibo video did the same thing for me. Maybe they're having issues with the in-house player so they just temporarily took it down?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Move or Die QL on the site defaults to the YouTube version. never seen a video on the site do that before.

I think that's the default, there was a mass logout earlier this week. I'd say Wednesday but fuck, that could have been 2015 for all I know right now. Maybe your preferences reset?

hamchan

I wonder if this Powerbombcast will be a positive one because I know I liked the Rumble more than I expected to after the last two years.

I wonder if this Powerbombcast will be a positive one because I know I liked the Rumble more than I expected to after the last two years.
It was really fun and made me actually want to get back into wrestling... but probably not the main WWE roster. The NXT crew is great, especially on the women's side.

A side thought about the Amiibos thing, one of the main reasons I'm getting them is because they're pretty decent quality figures for their price, and some characters that don't have great figure representation (Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Little Mac, etc). I don't know how much that factors into other's decisions about amiibos, but it's a perspective.

How long is the Powerbombcast?

1h44m

hamchan

Dan did Alt F-1? i'm sure that went well.

He went on and basically said it was a very pretentious sport for rich people.

I hope Drew says wrestling is for low income earners and racist people, but we all know Drew is too nice for that.

Edit: Drew and Jeff not into Kevin Owens oh no.

yami4ct

So what's the beef? Are they stopping the PBombcast?

Just listened to the end of the Powebombcast just so I would know if it was ok. Will spoiler the actual discussion, but podcast isn't canceled. No fear everyone.

Jeff said he has no way to watch the weekly shows anymore, but will watch stuff like Lucha Underground and NXT and keep his WWE Network sub. Everyone else hates themselves and will keep watching WWE. Alex wants to do the podcast monthly again with less WWE talk and more of the other promotions, just to keep things positive.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff describing wrestling almost makes me want to watch it and now we have to fight.

The trick is to find somebody who can tell you when it isn't terrible and you can just watch those bits and you'll think wrestling is great, then you get sucked into watching it monthly (or more if you're a truly crazy/masochistic person) and then your life is over.

Sign up for the free WWE Network month and watch any NXT Takeover event from last year because they involve Sasha Banks and she's the greatest performer on the planet

tumblr_ntijyt8jFt1swlf6ho4_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom