• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
Was it
the boat
? I hardly consider that a spoiler since it's more a
method of faster transportation
than a puzzle and something you can find within just a few minutes, but I'll go back and tag it anyway.

Yup. I'm always gleeful when I see any new interesting object/landscape, so I want to know as little as possible. I had to quit the OT because someone mentioned the northeast area, which I had not discovered at the time.

but I ain't mad at you!

I might be on the same puzzle. I swear to god I solved it, but apparently I'm missing something.

I even took a picture of it so I could fume about it today at work.

[EDIT] The above link is a picture of a early Tetris-block Witness puzzle. The "solution" I have on there is incorrect.

Heh, my problem is finding out how the hell to even *reach* that area. I can see it from the other nearby tetris area but can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the red part.

Fuck that thing, I'm a few panels ahead but still stuck on that set.

Yep...fuck that one. Have no idea with that stupid missing piece in the way.

Same! I know there's going to be some "aha!" moment with it. It's the first one in that section that
has the pieces intersecting according to the rules as I understand them.

Heh, my problem is finding out how the hell to even *reach* that area. I can see it from the other nearby tetris area but can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the red part.

You're probably entering the area from the wrong direction or something. There's no "trick" to it.

Hey here's a question for y'all (almost certainly not spoilery):

Does every area have an
audio log
? Because I've only found two so far and I feel like I've missed some.

Dineren

Banned
It makes me even more angry now that I actually know how they work when I get some I can't figure out. I couldn't even do the last tutorial puzzle in that area because I couldn't make it work. Clearly I'm missing one last key point.

I think most people hit a wall here. I eventually went and looked up a hint because I was clearly not understanding something about it even though I got through the tutorial area pretty easily.

Hey here's a question for y'all (almost certainly not spoilery):

Does every area have an
audio log
? Because I've only found two so far and I feel like I've missed some.

I've completed four areas so far and I've only seen two. If they are in every area, they are well pretty well hidden. Or I'm blind.

Yup. I'm always gleeful when I see any new interesting object/landscape, so I want to know as little as possible. I had to quit the OT because someone mentioned the northeast area, which I had not discovered at the time.

but I ain't mad at you!

Fair enough, I can understand that. For me the really awesome part about that feature was the
puzzles you have to solve WHILE THE BOAT IS MOVING

Sometimes they don't have to be the exact same orientation as the picture, but it seems picky about it?

I haven't finished the Tetris area but so far my understanding is that you can
mess with the orientation if the symbol is tilted. If it's straight, is HAS to be oriented that way

omgkitty

So what are the established rules for those? I have:

You have to make the shape it specifies
The shape has to contain the block with the picture on it
You can combine shapes
Sometimes they don't have to be the exact same orientation as the picture, but it seems picky about it?

LiK

Finally watched that new amiibo mailbag. shame they didn't do the unpacking on camera. man, they're in one of those horrible new offices where it's all open in the whole floor. I miss the old workspace already.

You can combine shapes

I'm not sure about your last rule.
I haven't altered the orientation for any of them. I think more accurately the rule would be "the pieces stack as if they are falling in a game of Tetris.

Also, the "rule" that I don't understand yet regarding that last puzzle:
According to the established rules, the four-block piece and two three-block pieces would have to intersect, which is something none of the other puzzles have done.

omgkitty

I'm not sure about your last rule.
I haven't altered the orientation for any of them. I think more accurately the rule would be "the pieces stack as if they are falling in a game of Tetris.

According to the established rules, the four-block piece and two three-block pieces would have to intersect, which is something none of the other puzzles have done.

There was one puzzle I was able to alter them and it worked though I now don't remember which one it was. I'm really hoping I just needed sleep after banging my head against them and I'll go home tonight and realize what I was doing wrong.

Every time Witness puzzle things come in here it's like

anOOvGw.gif

DamnBoxes

It makes me even more angry now that I actually know how they work when I get some I can't figure out. I couldn't even do the last tutorial puzzle in that area because I couldn't make it work. Clearly I'm missing one last key point.

I'm stuck there and it's the worst
i got past the tutorial and over to the next section and then hit a wall with the new stuff they throw at you.
I thought I had the basic rules figured out then the game stopped messing around and now I've got no clue what's going on.

I finished both sides of the tutorial panels, finished the black puzzle that gets you across the water, and now I'm stuck on the red panels and I can only do the first of two red puzzles on the door. Hoping when I get back to it tonight I have some sort of epiphany.

Dineren

Banned

Removed, PM me if you want more details.

daveo42

Banned
I might be on the same puzzle. I swear to god I solved it, but apparently I'm missing something.

I even took a picture of it so I could fume about it today at work.

[EDIT] The above link is a picture of a early Tetris-block Witness puzzle. The "solution" I have on there is incorrect.

There's one later in that chain that had me stuck last night that I couldn't think of a good way around. Figured out most of the orientation stuff related to the puzzle, but the first one
with the single block in the middle
is throwing me for a loop on how to make it work.

This game though...figuring out how some of this stuff works is exhilarating. I still need to work around one of the last Pagoda puzzles that I seem to be missing something on.

I wish you guys would talk about another game.

to be fair, this thread was a huge mess after MGSV came out, too.

Just seems certain games take over the conversation.

It's just that most games aren't basically entirely made of spoilers which limits any discussion from people not playing the game.

My only problem with the Witness talk is that I can't play. Damn baby needing too much attention at home! Wish she was just a little older so I could hand her a fake controller and quiet her up.

Patryn

You can combine shapes

I'm just past where you are.

One of your established rules is somewhat wrong.

oti

Banned
Guys, what if GB figured out us idiots like amiibo so now Dan acts like he likes amiibo to get more YouTube subsvibers

#
followthemoney

SummitAve

Banned
My assumptions about the puzzles being talked about here were correct, it's probably what most people would think to do, but I've still been unable to solve one.... Hmmmmm gonna have to think about this some more at work.

kvk1

The puzzles in The Division are amazing. But you need a Sam Fisher amiibo to unlock the ones outside of the quarantine zone.

Edit: Sorry, I blacked out.

talk about The Division Beta. that's new-er!

I was bummed that it didn't unlock at midnight EST on PC! So it's sitting there, installed, waiting for me to get home. Super interested in trying it out after watching the Unfinished, especially the Dark Zone or whatever it's called. That area looks chaotic in the best way.

LiK

I was bummed that it didn't unlock at midnight EST on PC! So it's sitting there, installed, waiting for me to get home. Super interested in trying it out after watching the Unfinished, especially the Dark Zone or whatever it's called. That area looks chaotic in the best way.

Dark Zone looks like it's great if you like feeling stressed out. I would personally stick with the other modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom