• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalamazoo, MI.

I honestly can't believe one opened up here. It was the best thing ever. Never go anywhere else now.

Wow that's crazy! Good for you, though, I love the Drafthouse. They need to revamp the menu though. Is the menu the same elsewhere? All of them in Austin are more or less identical.

Zaph

If we go by Wikipedia's simple definition of Fair Use:

I think it could be argued that Mario Maker Mornings and various content on Giant Bomb don't necessarily qualify as Fair Use. Quick Looks, Bombasticas, Ranking of Fighters could probably be classified as criticism, but a lot of it is simply for entertainment purposes.

Its a shitty thing for Nintendo to do, and Nintendo is probably one of the few companies to be shitty enough to do it, but I don't think they're legally in the wrong.

I really wish the perceived concept of 'Fair Use' would just disappear from the internet. This isn't a dig at you, I'm just sick of seeing it used in reference to Youtube/Twitch as a catch-all. It's a legal minefield - lawyers hate it and it's only ever considered a last resort if all other arguments fail. Truth is, nobody really knows where we stand with this stuff, which is why so many companies (including Youtube/Google) avoid ligation and instead cut deals like this Nintendo one. It would be so easy to fuck up in court and set a very bad precedent, leaving everyone in a much worst situation.

Can't say if 40% is a fair deal, but I'm not saying it's a bad one. Youtubers are often far too quick to complain about their situation without the self-awareness that they're cashing checks as a business while enjoying skipping 99% of the legwork other businesses have to do. Want to create content under the umbrella of Fair Use like TV networks do without rights-holders taking a slice? Set up a studio, hire experienced producers, get a legal department, and take out business insurance.

yami4ct

Wow that's crazy! Good for you, though, I love the Drafthouse. They need to revamp the menu though. Is the menu the same elsewhere? All of them in Austin are more or less identical.

I think their menu is more or less the same everywhere. I do think they could use a little bit of a changeup, but it isn't bad. I imagine they want to avoid silverware at all cost so, given that, they don't do that bad. Their pizza is decent and the chicken tenders are quite good. Not a sandwich guy, so I avoid that section.

A Build a Burger section so I don't have to order one of their specialties and ask for stuff taken off would be great as well.

I think their menu is more or less the same everywhere. I do think they could use a little bit of a changeup, but it isn't bad. I imagine they want to avoid silverware at all cost so, given that, they don't do that bad. Their pizza is decent and the chicken tenders are quite good. Not a sandwich guy, so I avoid that section.

A Build a Burger section so I don't have to order one of their specialties and ask for stuff taken off would be great as well.

I always get pizza. I love burgers, but they're hard to eat in the dark.

Dineren

Banned
Who the hell is getting 3 million views on a twitch stream? I smell some BS.

I assume he is talking about their total views.

Edit: Does twitch have a policy on piracy? I know it would be hard to police, but if you can verify a streamer is pirating you could at least give them a temp ban or something.

yami4ct

So happy to see Greg doing some writing.

I assume he is talking about their total views.

Edit: Does twitch have a policy on piracy? I know it would be hard to police, but if you can verify a streamer is pirating you could at least give them a temp ban or something.

They've allowed stuff like Twitch Plays Pokemon and other streams that couldn't be done without an emulator. I imagine if you openly talked about pirating and how, you'd get a ban, but other than that it's very much a don't talk about it and you're fine issue.

JJDubz

azD1UZv.png

best emote

yami4ct

I've never understood why people engage with the GB chat.
Too many people.

I only engage with it on their smaller streams. GBEast's daytime stuff and some of the extra life chats were actually manageable. I also love shouting random shit during the GB Makes Mario stuff.

Other than that, closing the chat is the first thing I do. Most of the time, I come to streams a bit late and rewind, so the chat is useless anyway. For anything large, it almost becomes a Twitch level shitshow.

input lag is real and bad. I can't imagine having to play video games on the setup they use for UPF where it's running through 10 million capture devices.

DONUT

CREATE

PUSH

yami4ct

input lag is real and bad. I can't imagine having to play video games on the setup they use for UPF where it's running through 10 million capture devices.

I don't notice input lag unless it's really, really, really bad or it's a rhythm game. For even twitch platformers, I can adapt.

I don't notice input lag unless it's really, really, really bad or it's a rhythm game. For even twitch platforms, I can adapt.

I still play on a monitor I've had since 2009 or so because it's the monitor they used for competitive halo. Half of the screen is super washed out but I'm too scared to get a new monitor and get more input lag.

yami4ct

As an avid GunPla fan and Transformer/Action Figure collector, I don't get Amiibos. I own the Splatoon set, Marth and Shulk, and while the paint is nice, they are kind of a poor value when they aren't on sale.

FStop7

Banned
I'm sorry but in this day and age for anyone to make a comment like that seems out of it. Wow, shocking, people are pirating shit. News at 11.

Ah yes the good old Internet laissez faire attitude of "fuck you I got mine"

Just because there's an problem doesn't mean people who speak out about it should be told to shut up. That's a Gamer Gate mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom