• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visually, it's the perfect mix of what the current collector toy line and the old G1 looks. The combat was really fun as well. There wasn't enough environmental variety for my liking and I thought the War for Cybertron stuff did more to make alt modes feel meaningful, but I liked it quite a bit. Not perfect, but really cool.

Cool. I got it free from work and want to play through it at some point.

Edit: I just got kicked out of chat.

Second Edit: And now it's back.

Is it just me or is the chat busted? Just keeps saying Connection Lost.
CbklYT4.png

(Or you could just...y'know...not go into the chat. Ever).

yami4ct

Since there are some Beast Wars fans here, I thought this might be of interest.

Primal is getting an MP this year to commemorate the 20th anniversary.

There are more images out there, but won't post due to gaf scan policies. Gorilla mode even gets alternate facial expressions. Can't wait to see a full painted prototype. He should be a fun one. Megs should also be getting one as well, if the mumblings going around are correct.

Since there are some Beast Wars fans here, I thought this might be of interest.

Primal is getting an MP this year to commemorate the 20th anniversary.

There are more images out there, but won't post due to gaf scan policies. Gorilla mode even gets alternate facial expressions. Can't wait to see a full painted prototype. He should be a fun one. Megs should also be getting one as well, if the mumblings going around are correct.

fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Now we need to find a cancelled PSP Elder Scrolls game

I remember thinking all CGI shows like Beast Wars, ReBoot, etc. looked like garbage as a kid. I think history is on my side here.

Beast Wars was well-written at least. Shame that the one old Transformers show with decent writing had to be the one to age the poorest.

yami4ct

Beast Wars was well-written at least. Shame that the one old Transformers show with decent writing had to be the one to age the poorest.

I don't know. G1 aged really poorly as well. Once you look at it with an adult eye, the cheapness of the animation and all the errors really come through.

If anyone is even remotely interested in Transformers and hasn't started reading More than Meets the Eye yet, you really need to check it out ASAP. It's so good. Best transformers story by a country mile and one of the better comics going right now in general. Astonishing work.

Saints Row 2 was definitely the most fully featured of the series, and probably my favorite (at the time), but it has aged so poorly it's real tough to go back to

it was the game for people who wanted GTA IV to be an extension of San Andreas and not what we actually got. it was a good game. but yeah it didn't age well.

KillerAJD

Fuck yeah Saints Row 2 is the best Saints Row! I enjoyed SR3, but it definitely felt weaker than 2 for me. And I don't much care for 4 at all.

it was the game for people who wanted GTA IV to be an extension of San Andreas and not what we actually got. it was a good game. but yeah it didn't age well.

The game was dated the day it dropped. It's janky as shit and actually worse looking than the first game, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of my favorite games ever made, and easily my favorite coop experience ever.

I think Saints Row 2 did a real good job of creating an interesting city, with diverse neighborhoods, and way more building interiors than any other game in the series or GTA for that matter. Stuff like the underground mall and the air and space museum, as well as the massive underground Area 51 base with Red Faction vehicles, was all fantastic. Steelport in 3 was a complete bore.

Also the Diversion side missions were at their peak in that game, it's a crime that the FUZZ diversion did not return for SR3. A fucking crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom