• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Man, I loved playing MGSV the first time but watching Drew play it has really lowered my opinion of it. It's the least replayable of the entire series, it has the least cool stuff and the story is bad but not bad in the bonkers way MGS4 is.

This mission Drew is playing is bad too.

That fighting
the giant thing
was the only mission I had trouble with. How he will tackle it will be interesting?

Tanks + Pequod is life.

I wonder how long it will take for him to realize that you can shoot those crags and destroy them so they don't explode in your face. It'll be super tough if he doesn't figure it out during that fight.

Jothel

Going back to the political stuff - I wanna say that Jeff said that he has voted both parties in elections throughout his life, everyone else seemed liberal.

Also what was weird about Lupe Fiasco buying SFIVAE? Is that a shitty version or something?

Houndi101

PAX South 2016: Southern Slam I (01/30/2016) @ Giant Bomb Unarchived

Were there any big gimmicks or shoots in that couple of hours?

I have no idea what those words mean

I do

I feel like an asshole when I read complaints about puzzles in The Witness and I think "You clearly just don't understand those puzzles." Blow has made me a puzzle snob.

Yeah, D-walker was built for that mission. I was surprised neither Dan or Jason used him on there playthroughs.
I never used dwalker because I was trying to go stealth 100 percent of the time.

I did always pack a rocket launcher for when shit hit the fan, though. I was thankful for that more than a handful of times.

I never used dwalker because I was trying to go stealth 100 percent of the time.

I did always pack a rocket launcher for when shit hit the fan, though. I was thankful for that more than a handful of times.

D-walker is the best stealth buddy in the game, with silent mode, dual tranqs with a shit load of ammo and the Fulton Balista he's perfect for any stealth situation.

I think it's funny how deep Vinny is getting with numbers and math and speeds and everything, and I just wing it to get to Mun every time

launch into correct plane, get into orbit, transfer to Mun, try not to crash, easy peasy

other planets though...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's funny how deep Vinny is getting with numbers and math and speeds and everything, and I just wing it to get to Mun every time

launch into correct plane, get into orbit, transfer to Mun, try not to crash, easy peasy

other planets though...

There are OTHER PLANETS YOU CAN GO TO in KSP?

For some reason this is shocking to me

I hope we get a review of XCOM 2 from one of the duders (Jeff? He mentioned having a copy), assuming they can tear themselves away from The Witness. Getting rave reviews so far.

I hope we get a review of XCOM 2 from one of the duders (Jeff? He mentioned having a copy), assuming they can tear themselves away from The Witness. Getting rave reviews so far.
I was just wondering about an XCOM 2 review, I guess if we don't get a review there will probably be a chunk of bombcast discussion about it.

Wunder

hope so - I don't think it'll get that great of a score from the GB guys but I'm still really interested to hear how they like it since Jeff seemed to only play the original campaign once and wasn't that interested in going back to EW.

There are OTHER PLANETS YOU CAN GO TO in KSP?

For some reason this is shocking to me

what, seriously? yeah there's a whole solar system. the Mars equivalent isn't too hard to land on, assuming you can get there. it has low gravity and an atmosphere so you can just parachute down. I accidentally landed on another planet once. that's kind of it as far as I've made it. it takes a ton of fuel, a lot of waiting, and very careful flying to hit other planets.

as long as you launch into the correct orbit (something Vinny has trouble with), you can basically hit the moon by accident, assuming you have the fuel

Jintor

my current problem is i keep underestimating the amount of fuel I need to get from munar orbit descent -> ascent -> kerbin orbin maneuvering -> atmo re-entry. Right now I'm stranded in space lowering my periapsis by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom