• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
I think people can do whatever they want to do to show their gratitude/fandom

I just think if I was gonna send something in, I would want it to be special/something they would actually appreciate.

I would be kinda embarassed to send in a cd copy of mech warrior 2 just because it was sitting around

Yeah this always bothered me. I also think stuff like food and drinks is interesting too, especially when they were tasting stuff on the Bombcast, but in the last few years it's gotten insane. "Hey guys I cleaned a bunch of garbage out of my closet, so here you go!" 99% of the stuff they get it seems they end up just throwing in a corner anyways, so it just seems very stupid to me. If I were them, I just straight up wouldn't show that crap.

Exactly. They had one mailbag a few months ago that was almost 100% literal garbage, full of stuff like empty CD cases and various other useless things. I guess the problem there is that they went to the trouble of filming it and they don't want to open the stuff ahead of time so that they can get genuine reactions, but maybe they should consider putting in some restrictions on what they will air in mailbags and make it clear on the site so that they don't have any wasted videos.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
After he (twice?) commented about getting a greninja on upf, I wondered how long it would take for one to show up.

i mean, here's the thing: at this point, they have to know that people are dying to send them shit. So opening stating "I HOPE TO FIND X ITEM FOR CHEAP ONLINE SOON" or something to that effect is pretty much a 100 percent way to guarantee someone sending that in.

So it's partly the fanbase's fault but some of this stuff lies with the staff (mostly Dan) too. At this point, he/they can't pretend that getting shit like amiibos in the mail is a pleasant surprise. If someone on the staff were to say "boy, i really could use a rare bag of elephant turds dipped in the essence of an ancient camel's urine but i guess it's too expensive (shrugs)" they have to know they'll be receiving an amazon box within 2 days.

whether the staff (mostly dan) is willfully using their/his influence in a manner that they/he's purposefully saying these things to get them in the mail is not a path i would go down myself but the more this keeps happening the harder it is to deny that they/he is at the very least unintentionally taking advantage of their audience

Myggen

or when he said that one time that the reason that they hadn't done a new MPP was because they were waiting for someone to send the next cart in. It's like, are you serious?

I mean, that's literally the only time he did something like that and hasn't done it since, so it seems pretty clear that he learned from it.

If people want to send them shit outside of that that's on them. Happens with every Youtuber I've followed too.

TraBuch

Banned
After he (twice?) commented about getting a greninja on upf, I wondered how long it would take for one to show up.
I mean, it was pretty obvious it was gonna happen. He was basically like "Greninja sucks, I definitely don't want any Pokémon amiibo. I'm NEVER gonna buy a Greninja. Nope, its not gonna happen. *Wink wink*".

jaina

the phantasmagoria 2 managed livestream is working in Chrome on my PC, but not in Safari or Chrome on my laptop...

My personal Brian Fuller ranking: Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Heroes Season 1
Loved all of it. Looks I need to check out Hannibal.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member
I always wanted to send in a Mailbag to Giant Bomb but I always felt like anything I could send them wouldn't measure up to the amazing stuff they've gotten in the past.

Instead I've mailed 2 and delivered 2 mailbags to Tested.

And
mailed one to ComicVine

I remember that period of mailbags where people were just using GB as their dump service, HERE'S CRAP FROM MY CLOSET. ENJOY?

My amiibo craze is out of control. I just bought a bunch from GameStop online 2 days ago and now Lucario is back in stock. I can't stop. I won't stop.

I really hope the NX does something with these things.

Myggen

I mean, it was pretty obvious it was gonna happen. He was basically like "Greninja sucks, I definitely don't want any Pokémon amiibo. I'm NEVER gonna buy a Greninja. Nope, its not gonna happen. *Wink wink*".

From now on Dan is not allowed to talk about things because it can be percieved as him saying that he wants someone to send him said thing.

Maybe that was just him discussing in a humerous way on screen with Jeff and Brad where his "line" was with this stuff. Maybe.

omgkitty

You all talk about Dan and the amiibos but what about Jeff? He talks about how stupid they are and how he has gotten so many from Nintendo for free, and yet when one of the other guys have asked for them he tells them no.

The Captain has arrived.

CaUjmgNUYAEeC7K.jpg

FStop7

Banned
I mean...Dan pretty much encourages it. It rubbed me the wrong way when he mentioned a Waluigi costume or something and said something along the lines of "If someone wants to buy this and send it to me, I'll wear it during MPP".

The whole "buy me stuff, Internet" thing has always bothered me.

BearPawB

Banned
I wore my wike comment subscwibe shirt when i went grocery shopping yesterday.

No one recognized it :(

I've told this before on here. But a last year on the anniversary of Ryan's passing I wore my "China Don't Care" shirt. Went to Costco. Guy from across the store yelled "fuck, ryan Davis!". I raised my hand up and fistbumped the sky.

Sounds like an r/thathappened but it really did, and made that day so much better

The SMB3 conversation bummed me out a bunch cause I know Ryan loved that game. Would have loved to hear him talk about it and see what he thought of Mario Maker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
American Truck Simulator is so good and it's hard to explain why other than I think an inherent urge to cruise built into every human. But I just had a perfect delivery and even though a lot of it was cruise control on the highway, it felt like I killed a Bloodborne boss or some shit when I finished

American Truck Simulator is so good and it's hard to explain why other than I think an inherent urge to cruise built into every human. But I just had a perfect delivery and even though a lot of it was cruise control on the highway, it felt like I killed a Bloodborne boss or some shit when I finished

What if you fought Bloodborne bosses with a truck

Haunted

Remember that time people sent Patrick a brand new PC?

Who cares about Dan dropping a wink wink nudge nudge and a link to his amazon wishlist for a bunch of fucking amiibos in comparison.

Strax

From now on Dan is not allowed to talk about things because it can be percieved as him saying that he wants someone to send him said thing.

Maybe that was just him discussing in a humerous way on screen with Jeff and Brad where his "line" was with this stuff. Maybe.

Ah c'mon

If he'd talk about the Amiibo he got from fans once, sure but he's done it maybe over 5 times. Talking about now he doesn't have this one and this one and "trying to stop". At this point its baiting. I doubt Dan is doing it intentionally tho.

I would take advantage of a big crazy fanbase so I can get free stuff too because fuck it why not.

Thesaurus

BearPawB

Banned
I mean fuck. We sent them a fridge

We sent a place where they get free beer on payday, a fridge to hold beer and soda. Because rorie didn't want to just keep some cans in the break room fridge

I love fridgekun, but it is a bit silly in hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom