• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

Maybe it's just my abject fear of developing a serious mental illness that prevents me from getting any entertainment from this.

Framerate and general performance are supposed to be real bad on that version. But it is the best game ever made so if you want to experience that, maybe go for it?

I wonder if playing on the N3DS has any improvements on that performance.

I guess I don't know what my alternate would be, other than emulation.

I think it's locked to the software. :( To be honest the vanilla PS2 version ran like ass and had no right stick camera control so it can't be much worse than that...right?

At long last...the answer.

CKE9beV.png

Nope. The controls are better because of the stick, but that's it. It also has the threat ring from mgs4, which is neat. The game actually looks great on the 3DS, but the framerate is appalling. A n3DS version that runs bettet would be amazing, but, you know, Konami.

Funnily enough, the game started out as more of a semi-remake than a port with a few extras, but that changed around the time the 3DS stumbled out of the gate.

Performance is still the same but it has that C nub. I played through a big chunk of that version and had a decent time. Although after playing V I don't know if I have the patience for the controls.

Teddified

Hmm Metal Gear Scanlon tonight, I think I'll go to sleep and watch it in the morning instead. Unless I can't sleep then I'll watch it tonight.

Megasoum

Banned
lol... I finally plugged in my new TV... A 50" tv in my living room is almost comical.

It's a Roku TV so I'm browsing the app store... I forgot that there is a GB app! That's cool.

BearPawB

Banned
Watching some xcom streams. Had a cool idea that I wonder has been done in a game before:

Turn based game. Once the map you are on ends. It edits a little movie of everything you did, but as if it was live action. So you have a live action version of what you did turn by turn

It would take a little fudging. But could be cool if done right

ok, so say that once and move on

There's nothing wrong with talking about it. Because it is a pretty terrible/cliche showing of it.

Watching some xcom streams. Had a cool idea that I wonder has been done in a game before:

Turn based game. Once the map you are on ends. It edits a little movie of everything you did, but as if it was live action. So you have a live action version of what you did turn by turn

Hm. It has a replay system doesn't it? Or maybe that's some other game. If it had a replay system it would be marginally easier to mod something like it, maybe tool it so after the first few turns, movement+actions of previous characters is played simultaneously, IE If It's A's turn, then Z who went right before him would do his action while A moved, and then when A shoots B is busy moving around to keep it dynamic.

justjim89

That would be cool as fuck. It needs to be a thing. Or at least a mod.

PensOwl

Banned

lol if they had that my xcom runs would look like the end of a super meat boy level

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Will I be able to edit dank memes into it?

Jintor

To be honest with you, I've been dreaming of this for many years.

I was vaguely trying to implement it for a 2d-Ronin like game, but as with most things, I got distracted before I even managed to work out how to program a turn-based system.

By the way the Firewatch How-To-Play Guide is pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom