• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

I wonder how Jeff feels about all this stuff Dan does.

If Dan had stayed at GameInformer, he would probably have way less followers on Periscope and Twitter, and therefore wouldn't have anywhere near as many people buying his shirts and sending him Amiibos. Feels like GB should some how get something from all the shirts he sells.

On the other hand, he is doing all of this stuff on his own time so maybe it's fine.

From Jeff.zone

I may be reading this wrong but I think Jeff is expressing frustration at the people covering Dan's extra curricular stuff don't give Giant Bomb a shout out rather than expressing frustration at Dan himself.

Tubobutts

American Truck Sim QL better include Vinny's mod searching technique. Google search, click the first link and click every download button you see.

There's a navigation mod I saw that called Lex that I hope they use . It's really cool cause it draws an arrow on the road that shows you where to go. So I hope for the quick look they make use of A Lex Nav. Arrow.

BearPawB

Banned
If the shirts were good I would have no problem.
Because, yeah, fun t-shirts can be fun to own. And I like Dan. And I like supporting people I like.

But those shirts are just awful. Like, 'wouldn't even wear it to bed' bad.

of all the things that this thread can devote multiple pages to discussing, the discussions about dan's t-shirts and patrick's youtube channel make me roll my eyes the most

This mission was really fun to do all stealth. I got spotted as I was climbing the stairs that reach the end and pulled off a head shot in between the tiny thing on the guys riding the walkers. It was the best moment ever.

Lunar FC

Heh. I assumed you were joking!
But wasn't sure with the Liverpool avatar ;)
Didn't Dan say on the podcast that he saw comments of that nature the first time?

I won't lie, being a pool fan has made me more prone to irrational behavior as of late. T_T

edit: Let's get us back on a decent topic. Was watching this WMHH last night and it really made me miss the old office.

Lunar FC

LOL @ Dan taking advantage of people talk.

People buy stupid junk all the time, how else could you explain Anime?

I bought a $120 mouse not yesterday. >.<

edit:
Oh my god that John Cena thing Dan talks about. I remember seeing that.

It was so bad and amazing.

Edit: Oh man here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkCEffFENo

lmao, that was pretty great. Also the most consecutive seconds of wrestling I've ever watched.

Anjin M

There's a navigation mod I saw that called Lex that I hope they use . It's really cool cause it draws an arrow on the road that shows you where to go. So I hope for the quick look they make use of A Lex Nav. Arrow.
Aw, man. I really used to like you too. But now you're just a monster. :(
of all the things that this thread can devote multiple pages to discussing, the discussions about dan's t-shirts and patrick's youtube channel make me roll my eyes the most
Same.

Chuck

Still without luck
when drew uses the spray
and then gets shot an instant after

KuGsj.gif

You all talk about Dan and the amiibos but what about Jeff? He talks about how stupid they are and how he has gotten so many from Nintendo for free, and yet when one of the other guys have asked for them he tells them no.

B-b-b-baka amiibo, it's not like I really like you or anything!
That was damn good.

Fobwashed

Giantbomb.com sells awfully designed shirts to their fanbase too to try and make some money.
So does the WWE with their bad merch.
Dan is just a smart guy learning from the top.

They're not all winners but there are definitely some good designs in the store. At least IMO.

justjim89

Billion dollar idea that's probably already been done: a short-time clicker game combined with a jogging app or treadmill display. The numbers go up based on your calories burned and miles ran. Microtransactions to increase the multiplier. Tell me that wouldn't print money.

Drew: "I think there are stairs over there"

Oh man he's finally gonna find the side entrance

Dan: "I dont think there are stairs over there"

Dan please ._.

Edit: THEY GOT IT.

Fobwashed

Any you think are particularly good? :)

I think my current fav is the vintage logo stuff. The stock logo is good for websites but I don't think translates very well to wearables. I also kinda dig the hat and I really liked the old Members only shirt w/the roller coaster. I have no idea where mine went and it's the only shirt I'm actually sad I lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom