• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Fyi, if anyone is interested in it after listening to the podcasts, Lara Croft Go is currently 60% of at £1.49

jmood88

Yep, and the Beastcast has its own fans. Vinny mentions that some people only listen to the Beastcast. I'm there in spirit. I still listen to the Bombcast every week because it's instinctively ingrained into my routine having listened to it since 2008, but my heart is with the Beastcast, so it's awesome that they put out an episode for their fans and that Vinny really enjoys doing it!
As soon as I found out that the Beastcast existed, it became the one gaming podcast that I make sure I listen to every week. I had fallen off the bombcast the last couple years anyway but the Beastcast is just much more entertaining to me and I like having more diverse voices than the same people who pop up on the bombcast all the time.

As soon as I found out that the Beastcast existed, it became the one gaming podcast that I make sure I listen to every week. I had fallen off the bombcast the last couple years anyway but the Beastcast is just much more entertaining to me and I like having more diverse voices than the same people who pop up on the bombcast all the time.

Yeah I'm actually excited on Friday to get a new beast cast, something that I haven't felt with th bombast since 2013. Beast cast, ironically, is the mario maker of GB podcasts, full of joy and excitement.

Dude to limited steam funds I had to decide between Life is Strange or Tales from the Borderlands.

Just because I actually have zero idea what the deal is other then apparently its really good I went with Borderlands.

I could only imagine how irrationally angry that made people when they just cut it without much of a fight.

My reaction was more like

D16q3tKqghBxS.gif

You'll always be Game of the Year in my heart, Bloodborne.

Dude to limited steam funds I had to decide between Life is Strange or Tales from the Borderlands.

Just because I actually have zero idea what the deal is other then apparently its really good I went with Borderlands.

You couldn't have gone wrong with either, but Borderlands is definitely the better of the two.

My reaction was more like

D16q3tKqghBxS.gif

You'll always be Game of the Year in my heart, Bloodborne.

At least they talked about it.

RIP Xenoblade and Trails in the Sky SC. Never remembered or forgotten.

After finishing Life is Strange I need to see the Beast guys play it yesterday. That game goes places and I want to see their reactions.

daydream

Banned
Fyi, if anyone is interested in it after listening to the podcasts, Lara Croft Go is currently 60% of at £1.49

wonder how that would look/run on a phone. i have hitman go but that's also pretty slow and methodical, lara croft seems to have a bit more going on

Finished Tales of the Borderlands Episode 3 and its getting even more interesting as time passes.

Also
Gortys is fucking adorable
:O

And
am i the only one that kinda felt a bit bad after Vasquez ate it the way he did ?(mainly because i implicated his ass right before it happened and it wasn't him :p) Even if it was a few seconds

will check Episode 4 later.

Finished Tales of the Borderlands Episode 3 and its getting even more interesting as time passes.

Also

And
am i the only one that kinda felt a bit bad after Vasquez ate it the way he did ?(mainly because i implicated his ass right before when tbh it wasn't him :p) Even if it was a few seconds

TftB episode 3 spoilers

Nah, dude kinda deserved it after how shitty he's been. Also Gortys is super adorable, but Loaderbot is still bes.

Episodes 4 and 5 are the best ones. Hope you enjoy them.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yesss! Good.
Also
DAMN RIGHT!
I said multiple times out loud Gortys you're too fucking cute.
And
am i the only one that kinda felt a bit bad after Vasquez ate it the way he did ?(mainly because i implicated his ass right before when tbh it wasn't him :p) Even if it was a few seconds

I was only sad that the voice actor would be gone, remember this guy stole the promotion by throwing the supervisor out the airlock...

Beastcast this week is great. They expound on basically my exact thoughts about the GOTY awards (arbitrary, kind of dumb, but a great capsule of opinions and information) and it's always cool hearing people have some introspection about their own decisions and thought process. Especially being able to articulate their feelings about it without leaning on "well that was a thing" or "it sure was weird" generalities. They're smart and interesting.

jaina

It's gonna suck not having any GOTY deliberations to listen to today. I think this was the first year I listened the whole way through the proceedings and they were so damn good.
I just finished the deliberations and recap videos, but will probably relisten within the next week. Was really enjoyable and I can't even remember the Fallout discussion.

Has someone pointed out how Jeff holds his palm behind the groceries? It didn't have any effect on the camera image and must have been intentional :) :)

But I'm very happy to have caught up to this thread again, despite it's weird topics.

I should really play Grow Home.
Please play until the next teleporter after the floating waterfall island, and then decide whether you still enjoy it to continue for completion.

Lol, and sorry for picking your comments as quote twice :D

Never been a better time to bring back the Old Games Show imo
Every game is a year older now!

daydream

Banned
Has someone pointed out how Jeff holds his palm behind the groceries? It didn't have any effect on the camera image and must have been intentional :) :)

he's talked about this before on upf or somewhere (i think samantha kalman was also there, but not sure). apparently those loonies hold their hand behind the products like that, it does fuck all for visiblity so no idea why

Zaph

he's talked about this before on upf or somewhere (i think samantha kalman was also there, but not sure). apparently those loonies hold their hand behind the products like that, it does fuck all for visiblity so no idea why

Helps focus their shitty logitech webcams

Onamonapenia

Neo Member

I know some with some cameras it helps the focus, if you hold it right up to the lense. Ashens does it a lot in his videos, but he has a high quality camera and does it right there to the lense. I think Jeff once that sometimes people do it in haul videos but not right up to the lense so they look like idiots.

I finished the chapter one of Trails in the Sky FC and the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands today. It's been a very GB-GAF morning.

(Both are great so far.)

I don't trust Souls streams without Vinny playing or lying to the person who is playing.

Who would be the best hypothetical pairing with Dan for a Souls stream?

jaina

Yeah, auto focus must be the reason. But no auto adjustments in Jeff's own video made me laugh about it. :)

Next up: Beastcast and getting 90% in Syndicate (that was another great deliberations segment).

Tubobutts

I finished the chapter one of Trails in the Sky FC and the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands today. It's been a very GB-GAF morning.

(Both are great so far.)

Who would be the best pairing for Dan's Souls?

Dan playing, Brad, Jason, or Rorie "helping", Robo-Vinny as the call-in expert.

Actually I don't even know if Brad or Jason beat it. So Dan ,Rorie, and Robo-Vinny.

(Both are great so far.)

Who would be the best pairing for Dan's Souls?

Dan and Rorie. They haven't really interacted on camera, and Rorie's dry humor with Dan's personality could be fascinating. You'd need a third though, and there's no Ian. Maybe Brad, since Brad doesn't have a feature?

Chuck

Still without luck
So in Mario Maker, I played this one user made Captain Toad level in the 100 mario challenge. I loved it, left a comment and starred it. The creator then proceeded to go to my profile and play the hardest level I've made and was the first person to finish it.

It's a pretty neat game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mario Maker and Tony Hawk Ride are on the same shelf. The best games of this and the previous generation, together at last.

edit: I don't see a pod racer anywhere. Have I finally successfully conditioned my brain to ignore and delete anything about the prequels when I see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom