• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Sega makes Yakuza. Sega owns Atlus. The Miku vocaloid music is occasionally surprisingly good, even if her games are garbage. I'm pretty cool with Sega.

Fuck Sonic, though.

Not in that sense, you sickos

Feels good to be back in community.

Now I can talk about Adventure Zone without feeling weird. I'm almost all caught up and I feel really sad. Is mbmbam any good?

It's alright. It's a real long running show, so it ends up having up episodes and down episodes. The Candlenights holiday special was pretty good.

Sawbones is far more consistent and interesting, assuming you're into learning about medical history.

ST2K

So I downloaded Rebel Galaxy after GotY talk and really dig its style and the idea of building up my own ship and outpost trading, but something is just not connecting with me because of the procedural feel it has.

I wish there was a spaceship game like it with a strong narrative pull. I enjoyed the shit out of Descent and Wing Commander when I was younger, but now it just doesn't do it for me. Someone needs to make a cool spaceship game with a good story to pull me through.

And slide guitars, of course. Slide guitars are a must.

yami4ct

well I mean 2010s SEGA can get fucked and that goes without saying

no reason to take it out of dope ass 1990s SEGA

But. Yakuza. Yakuuuuuza. It's so good. Just finished Yakuza 4. This moment was filled with so much badassery. It was almost too much.

Ryu_ga_gotoku_4_screenshot.jpg

It's alright. It's a real long running show, so it ends up having up episodes and down episodes. The Candlenights holiday special was pretty good.

Sawbones is far more consistent and interesting, assuming you're into learning about medical history.

They both sound interesting, but I might gravitate towards mbmbam just because it has all the brothers.

That would just make me stoked.

2 great properties, finally together.

Disgusting.

well I mean 2010s SEGA can get fucked and that goes without saying

no reason to take it out of dope ass 1990s SEGA

You're right. 90's SEGA was awesome, which is why it hurts.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the Beastcast continues to be the Giant Bomb MVP. What a fantastic episode this week.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It was? Just seemed like a fairly normal taking stock of the year.
The beginning was a great comedown / return to sanity after the (super-fun) GOTY shenanigans. It was like, oh good, that was fun and while I absolutely opted into it and all that, it's so nice to be back to normal. The crew talking about how streaming positively affected their experiences with LIS, Until Dawn and Contradiction was cool, because that often felt like a completely cordoned off separate thing during the GOTY talks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, don't get me wrong it's still a good beastcast, it's just the fantastic part I guess? Seemed normal but whatever, I'm just arguing subjectiveness now which makes no sense. :p

hamchan

IT WAS THE BEST PODCAST OF 2016

Listen, I know I'm the only one around here passionate about this podcast but it really speaks to me personally. It's on the top of my list and I'd be ok with it just getting a number 10 spot on the overall list, just to see it gets some representation, y'know?

Houndi101

Listen, I know I'm the only one around here passionate about this podcast but it really speaks to me personally. It's on the top of my list and I'd be ok with it just getting a number 10 spot on the overall list, just to see it gets some representation, y'know?

hard cut to this podcast ends up at #4 like
___Kerbal

edit: But to be fair Vinnys
voice practically breaking while talking about getting something into orbit
really sold it to me too

Wunder

Alright, is the Giant Beastcast better/"higher" on this list than Idle Thumbs?

Bowlie

Banned

but this here is about podcasts that we are passionate about, you should fight for it. make whippy give his counter

f0rk

Now we are back in here I am disappointed in the lack of drive by Bloodborne / Witcher 3 robbed posts in the goty thread

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I think it's one of the benefits of having a 5 day nightmare capable of generating a 200 page thread. It's going to scare off a lot of people who just want the quick hit.

Patryn

I am back to Internet! Yay!

My bold prediction for 2016: Persona 5 doesn't make the top 10, as Jeff realizes he doesn't like the Persona series, just Persona 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom