• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Damn, I didn't get the cosmos when I laid there. And with what Dan said about Lesser Dog on the podcast I think I missed a bunch of other scenes too.

There are a ton of small touches that one can miss if they don't explore enough in Undertale. This also goes for the Genocide route.

I had no idea Mettaton was Napstablook's brother and that he wasn't always a robot until these deliberations, and I've spent a lot of time with the game.

Haunted

Damn, I didn't get the cosmos when I laid there. And with what Dan said about Lesser Dog on the podcast I think I missed a bunch of other scenes too.
Yeah, Undertale has a ton of missable/hidden content, its scope and ambition is much bigger than it initially appears.

daydream

Banned
There are a ton of small touches that one can miss if they don't explore enough in Undertale. This also goes for the Genocide route.

I had no idea Mettaton was Napstablook's brother and that he wasn't always a robot until these deliberations, and I've spent a lot of time with the game.

cousin, i think, but yeah

Bowlie

Banned

Yes, I love that everyone who played it will have a completely different experience composed of small details like that. Though after what
Flowey
said to me
(Pedro, not Frisk)
after doing the pacifist route, I don't wanna do another run.

I think it was cousin? I didn't know that either. and damnit ^

popo

Did anyone make a beastcast thread? 'cause I get the feeling it got buried with all the GOTY stuff.

why didn't napstablook win best character?

Dan couldn't relate to the character. "Why would you feel like garbage after eating a sandwich?"

Dan should do a naked run of DS to prove that he's not a baby.

Mental image of Dan sat on his couch with a cushion covering his modesty.

Oh my god, Ryckert is full heel on his periscope. "No-one likes you Patrick! Not even your wife!"

I saw this tweet and it is really getting out of hand.

2811669-d1.jpg

It predict it will continue to escalate as Dan seeks to prove his dominance over Patrick, until it reaches a dark place neither of them is ready for.

Noaloha

Celebratory home-streams need to be a could, maybe, totally be a thing, perhaps, if real life permits.

Brad gimme an Ori stream, Vinny gimme a bonus live Kerbal fuck around, Alex, I wanna see you play Splatoon (or even Hearthstone, no really, I would be totally down for a super casual Hearthstone stream from you, maybe with guests n shit, so much so. <3).

I hope GB knows that I now want these

Build Club
ASMR with AXNR
Cooking and Rippin' with Vicenzo

as premium content for the site. They don't have to be long, 5-10min would do.

daydream

Banned
ever since i first made the dumb 'invisible austinc.' wordplay, i can't stop thinking about how cool a feature this would be

counting on you, austin

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yahoo.com front page has a featured article from digital trends, 'This Mario Maker Level is the Work of a Monster'

'I bet it's Dan'
it's Dan

Myggen

The only thing I know about Yahoo News is that it has one of the absolute worst comment sections on the internet. I remember reading a couple of articles about Obama there and oh boy did the comments deliver.

The only thing I know about Yahoo News is that it has one of the absolute worst comment sections on the internet. I remember reading a couple of articles about Obama there and oh boy did the comments deliver.

Every comment section is the worst.

I just got Mario Maker, so, Mario Maker people, please feed me your level codes.

what an onerous burden i guess the game is unforgivably bad

861E-0000-009C-8913

Noaloha

XCX is... well let's say hopefully you don't give a tiny shit about dialogue but want soundtrack all the time and front and centre all the time. So to say. What was that you said? Never mind.

XBCX has the most subversively attractive soundtrack I've ever encountered. I always start off disliking the songs, and them bam, ten hours later I really enjoy them.

Hya!

daydream

Banned
went to check how many people lang managed to save in his until dawn playthrough during extra life and he totally
alex'd that ending, haha

XCX is... well let's say hopefully you don't give a tiny shit about dialogue but want soundtrack all the time and front and centre all the time. So to say. What was that you said? Never mind.

lin is the best tho

Noaloha

lin is the best tho

without subtitle, who the fuck'd know

edit: i'm actually kinda mega-serious : XCX fails for me in its soundmix the same that Witcher 3 fails in its laggy menus.

I fucking find it laborious to deal with. Such that I ultimately end my playsessions not through being sated, but through being irritated.

Anyone pick up something from the steam sale that they're having a good time with?

Thea: The Awakening.
It's a 4X roguelike--believe it! It has some technical jank and rough edges, but the premise is really good. You have a single city, and from that you need to... well, 4X, until you can achieve a victory condition. The trick is getting there alive when the world is trying to kill you.

There's just a lot of little things that come together to make it incredibly engaging. The Gotycasts have flown by as I've played it; currently on Day 3, now.
without subtitle, who the fuck'd know

edit: i'm actually kinda mega-serious : XCX fails for me in its soundmix the same that Witcher 3 fails in its laggy menus.

I fucking find it laborious to deal with. Such that I ultimately end my playsessions not through being sated, but through being irritated.
The sound mix is really bad during the scenes you need it right the most. I dunno how they messed that up so bad.

I think it's still a lot of fun, y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom