• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

oh, i getcha now. yeah, lack of sound settings is a bummer but since i always turn soundtrack up and voices down, it's not that big a deal for me

woah, woah, wait.

Are you saying there are actual audio options in XCX???

Am I a dumb shit who has completely missed them??

Sound mixing is poor, but if that's really enough to make you dislike the game/play sessions, i doubt you were really enjoying it much in the first place.

I personally like its OST much more than original Xenoblade's if we're also talking preferences. Much more personality in the songs and how they fit so well with the moments and the environments, and its OST keeps growing on me, unlike original Xenoblade where i hated the battle theme after 10 hours and was really angry when mechanical rhythm only lasted for like a quarter of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can unironically say that the soundtrack made me want the game more than anything I've seen of it.

Just have to wait till #fe comes out and then I'll have a justifiable reason to buy a Wii U.

You're daydreaming. Sorry duder. (Edit: Which is to say, there are no volume options in XBCX.)

no he's Noaloha

UTQz76S.png

Noaloha

I have been enjoying XCX pretty much purely as a simulator for the feelings I got as a newbie playing FFXI, with sound mobs and sight mobs, and zones that I had no business fucking around in but damn I was gonna explore and talk to my Linkshell buddies as I did so, and stealth around bad shit and yeah. It has a very palpable, if bubble-ish, appeal to me.

edit: fuck! a lot of it pisses me off though!

just so you know!

exclamation mark!

Dineren

Banned
XCX has so many little issues it seems like I should hate it and yet it ended up being probably my favorite game so far this generation. I thought the soundtrack was amazing though; I ended up importing it.

I have been enjoying XCX pretty much purely as a simulator for the feelings I got as a newbie playing FFXI, with sound mobs and sight mobs, and zones that I had no business fucking around in but damn I was gonna explore and talk to my Linkshell buddies as I did so, and stealth around bad shit and yeah. It has a very palpable, if bubble-ish, appeal to me.

I kinda came off a little harsh in my post now that i reread it. Sorry about that, i do agree that the sound mixing can definitely interfere in some of the moments and its insane how there's no options to adjust it.

xcx is clearly a podcast game, no idea what you guys are doing listening to game sound in the first place

Was the perfect podcast game for this week, though i have to admit i had to turn it down or pause a few times so i can listen to the sylvalum and cauldros themes.

So damn good.

XCX has so many little issues it seems like I should hate it and yet it ended up being probably my favorite game so far this generation. I thought the soundtrack was amazing though; I ended up importing it.

It really captures the feeling of exploration well, I think. Makes just wandering around a lot of fun. And then there's the mechs! (And eventually the flight module!)

I think I mentined this in the XBCX thread a while ago, but it's the sort of game that not only shows you a mountain you can go to--but goes a step further and gives you a reason why you'll want to. MonolithSoft did a great job designing the gameplay loop, which makes all of the flaws insignificant in the face of the greater whole.

Noaloha

I'm just not sure XCX can hang in [whatever ?] crowd when you have games like Rocket League.

because, like, RL is like, more fun in every way....? Guaranteeed.

Demoskinos

So the Day 5 GOTY podcast this year is 4 1/2 hours long. I was wondering.... is there any Giantbomb podcasts with a longer run time?

Noaloha

fulll dislosurte: i am mad wine drunk right now. serious < 3

edit: tryomg to also make a "hanging in this crowd" goty joke, did it not work? sorry.

Myggen

So the Day 5 GOTY podcast this year is 4 1/2 hours long. I was wondering.... is there any Giantbomb podcasts with a longer run time?

I seem to remember the Bombcast from when they were all in town for BLLSL last year being close or a bit longer.

Edit: I was WAY off with that one. Maybe an E3 podcast?

Demoskinos

I seem to remember the Bombcast from when they were all in town for BLLSL last year being close or a bit longer.

Edit: I was WAY off with that one. Maybe an E3 podcast?

I was thinking that as well but closest i can find is like 4 hours. I think this years might be the longest bombcast ever.

I dunno if it's on sale, but I extremely recommend Divinity:Dragon Commander. That games writing is just fan-fucking-tastic. Like, it's so damn good.

During the Gotycast, while Austin was talking about skeleton stuff I was getting flashbacks to Dragon Commander... and I haven't even played it yet.

One day you'll learn, Austin. Larian are kings in this world.

And of course it's on sale!*
Imperial Edition and 4-pack are not on sale.

During the Gotycast, while Austin was talking about skeleton stuff I was getting flashbacks to Dragon Commander... and I haven't even played it yet.

One day you'll learn, Austin. Larian are kings in this world.

And of course it's on sale!*
Imperial Edition and 4-pack are not on sale.

Oh man. Do eet! It's more of a singe player game than multiplayer as the multiplayer I believe is restricted to just RTS-battles with other people, but the single player is so damn good. I've replayed it a few times and I usually let the AI do the actual RTS moments, and just do character based stuff.

Joeku

Anyone pick up something from the steam sale that they're having a good time with?

Sang-Froid is jank as all fuck (with hilariously bad cutscenes) but kinda cool. http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-sang-froid-tales-of-werewolves/2300-7458/

Ironclad Tactics has been neat so far, but I feel like it's a little too much up to the luck of the draw. At least the rounds are really quick.

I am this fucking close to biting the bullet on kerbal but I don't think I have the tenacity to hack it.

Scizzy

I knew this from his Spelunky streams, but Patrick is good at video games. I've spent three days on and off trying to beat one of Jeff's SMM levels (Turkey and Stuffing) and utterly failing. Scoops beat it in a stream and a half.

Demoskinos

I knew this from his Spelunky streams, but Patrick is good at video games. I've spent three days on and off trying to beat one of Jeff's SMM levels (Turkey and Stuffing) and utterly failing. Scoops beat it in a stream and a half.

Yeah, hes better than some would like to admit. Also it does help that he has been doing nothing but Mario Maker for months now. Longer you stick with a game your skill level naturally rises.

Haunted

Yeah, hes better than some would like to admit. Also it does help that he has been doing nothing but Mario Maker for months now. Longer you stick with a game your skill level naturally rises.
It's not nothing but, but it's every day for two months now. Including some pretty tough challenges. That shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom