• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frith

I get that it's all an act and all that but it's a shame it has to be this way he could totally just not be a dick and have the exact same fun.
I have worked with this kind of heal prankster and it's just so tiring you have to be cool with it or ignore it but if you get annoyedthey win and you loose or some shit.

If you spend your life pretending to be an arsehole maybe your just an arsehole.

I get that it's all an act and all that but it's a shame it has to be this way he could totally just not be a dick and have the exact same fun.
I have worked with this kind of heal prankster and it's just so tiring you have to be cool with it or ignore it but if you get annoyedthey win and you loose or some shit.

If you spend your life pretending to be an arsehole maybe your just an arsehole.

Damn the #TeamKlepek salt is strong.

Myggen

i dont mind too much and i do feel a bit bad for bringing it up... but he is basically making money off giant bomb without giving a cut to gb. Obviously that money would just be swallowed up by cbs, but I kind of feel it should be done through the official gb store]

the bigger issue is that people buy - AND WEAR - that tat

As long as Jeff is cool with it I see no issue. And if he's selling at cost I don't see why they would be interested.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

patrick it is ok you will be alright :)

Myggen

Wat

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
#videogames
sn48WTX.png

i dont mind too much and i do feel a bit bad for bringing it up... but he is basically making money off giant bomb without giving a cut to gb. Obviously that money would just be swallowed up by cbs, but I kind of feel it should be done through the official gb store]

the bigger issue is that people buy - AND WEAR - that tat

Yeah, he was handed a rabid fan base and consistently leverages that for personal monetary gain outside of the umbrella that props him up. Since Jeff doesn't care then it doesn't matter but it isn't exactly innocent.

neshcom

Banned
You'd think 2-1 would feel better than this. But when you're taught only light can always vanquish the darkness, what's a body to do?

Jason?

yami4ct

All I can say is I can take solace in the fact that Ryckert won in a crap way. Patrick handed him the win. This is not a true defeat.

Myggen

Yeah, he was handed a rabid fan base and consistently leverages that for personal monetary gain outside of the umbrella that props him up. Since Jeff doesn't care then it doesn't matter but it isn't exactly innocent.

He's been selling books since he started at GI. And it sounds like he's mostly selling the tshirts at cost, with minimal financial gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom