• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Why are people sad? Is this not the Giant Bomb thread? The Giant Bomb employee won over some hotshot youtuber. This is a great day!

Lelcar

As long as Jeff is cool with it I see no issue. And if he's selling at cost I don't see why they would be interested.

Well, we don't know if Jeff is cool with it. We can't assume that his casual comment on tumblr is what he truly feels. I get the impression that Jeff is sometimes reluctant to be the big boss that he actually is, in order to keep his employees happy so that they will stick around. During the GOTY talks, you could tell that he did not want anyone to drink alcohol, but instead of putting his foot down, he was just kind of like, this is not a good idea but whatever you want to do it's your life.

You wanna see someone be legit irritated by Dan, look at some old GI Replay videos and see Jeff Marchiafava get heated real bad. Like it's kinda've uncomfortable. Don't know if it's a work or shoot. Dan's Periscope said it was legit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I hope GB fans are sane enough/have good enough taste that Dan doesn't make any sales off of that.

Iy0aTYl.png

That's over $3500 spent on that abortion of a shirt.

He's been selling books since he started at GI. And it sounds like he's mostly selling the tshirts at cost, with minimal financial gain.

I think he mentioned that these Teesprings shirts is basically nothing especially since he is cutting it off an hour or two after it's up. So, in the end we're paying Teespring for this dumb thing.

Myggen

Well, we don't know if Jeff is cool with it. We can't assume that his casual comment on tumblr is what he truly feels. I get the impression that Jeff is sometimes reluctant to be the big boss that he actually is, in order to keep his employees happy so that they will stick around. During the GOTY talks, you could tell that he did not want anyone to drink alcohol, but instead of putting his foot down, he was just kind of like, this is not a good idea but whatever you want to do it's your life.

I didn't get that on the GOTY cast at all. And if he didn't mean it he didn't have to respond to the question on Tumblr. I'm gonna take that at face value because why shouldn't I.

robotrock

Banned
I thought twitch introduced a 2 minute delay on their streams or something?

Patrick's stream syncs up really nicely with the periscope right now

Lelcar

I didn't get that on the GOTY cast at all. And if he didn't mean it he didn't have to respond to the question on Tumblr. I'm gonna take that at face value because why shouldn't I.

I'm not saying he's lying, it's not that black and white. Whenever anyone says anything there are layers feelings that are involved, no need to get defensive. You speak on behalf of the staff without retaliation all the time, I'm just offering a counter argument. Consider me to be out of line I guess.

yami4ct

Dan moved those goalposts AGAIN. It was all about making Patrick say I Quit to one of his levels. Now he's just forcing him to say it in an underhanded way. Keep being Heel. We know you can't truly win.

Dan moved those goalposts AGAIN. It was all about making Patrick say I Quit to one of his levels. Now he's just forcing him to say it in an underhanded way. Keep being Heel. We know you can't truly win.

Patrick gave in when he didn't need to, Dan won.

Please don't start this. People that buy whatever they want can still donate to charity whenever they want.

It was a joke about the info dump at the end of MGS2...

Myggen

I'm not saying he's lying, it's not that black and white. Whenever anyone says anything there are layers feelings that are involved, no need to get defensive. You speak on behalf of the staff without retaliation all the time, I'm just offering a counter argument. Consider me to be out of line I guess.

I'm just saying I don't see any reason to not trust that answer. I'm not getting defense, I just don't see much room for nuance there unless that answer isn't honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom