• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
The X34? Yeah that one is ridiculous.

acer-predator-x34-review-2-thumb.jpg

Are there any affordable models available?

yami4ct

I'm behind, but, GunPla reference! Man, I'm reading Gundam Wing: Glory of the Losers right now and not only is it the only good Gundam Wing thing ever, it's making me want to build some damn GunPla. It's too bad I have zero cash right now because Transformers Unite Warriors Bruticus hits next month.

Volotaire

When will 4k 144hz monitors be a thing? Do we need a new displayport iteration or something?

DisplayPort 1.4 can only do 4K at 120 Hz. So yes, we would need an update to the Displayport specification. It seems years away for that to become a reality, and then more years until prices drop to affordable ranges.

Zaph

When will 4k 144hz monitors be a thing? Do we need a new displayport iteration or something?
Yup, DisplayPort 1.4, and the VESA standard was only paper ratified in March, so don't hold your breath.

Edit: beaten

Edit edit: and if the wait isn't bad enough, DisplayPort is moving towards lossless compression for performance gains, which may or may not add latency, making it shit for gsync.

Oh right.

I am doing the PC build thing this summer so I should probably look at monitors.

I bet that 1080 will totally rock the socks off this 2008 era 900p dell monitor I got though

DisplayPort 1.4 can only do 4K at 120 Hz. So yes, we would need an update to the Displayport specification. It seems years away for that to become a reality, and then more years until prices drop to affordable ranges.

Yup, DisplayPort 1.4, and the VESA standard was only paper ratified in March, so don't hold your breath.

Edit: beaten

Edit edit: and if the wait isn't bad enough, DisplayPort is moving towards lossless compression for performance gains, which may or may not add latency, making it shit for gsync.

Ah, I see. I've never used a >60hz monitor, so I think a 4k/60 will be fine for my next monitor purchase.

ArjanN

thanks for the heads-up, dan

looking at the steam page for wreckfest and man, the recent steam reviews have been savage. apparently the dev released the game from early access with a lot of key features missing? seems like a mess

It's very much a work in progress, but they're still updating it. They added Steamworks support last week, Steam reviews are always very reactionary and hysterical, so mostly useless for anything that has any controversy about it.

On a related note, I wonder if Brad is going to do the next Hitman Elusive Target that's out today on UPF.

Aerocrane

thanks for the heads-up, dan

looking at the steam page for wreckfest and man, the recent steam reviews have been savage. apparently the dev released the game from early access with a lot of key features missing? seems like a mess

The game is still in early access. Bugbear have been really bad about communicating with fans and updates have been slow. A creditor applied for bankruptcy on Bugbear's behalf to get them to pay their debt recently. It seems like Bugbear have resolved that situation with the creditor, as they've come out and denied these bankruptcy rumors. Still not too much of a surprise that people are worried about the game remaining in early access limbo.

How could anyone prefer pooping in a Walmart with other peoples clammy bottoms touching the seat before you poop, instead of the comfort of home field advantage!?! I'd imagine people in Walmart bathrooms have worse accuracy than I do in Overwatch. Dan please explain yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom