• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny's killing me. He's pretty slow to get angry with games, but he's pretty impatient when it comes to figuring stuff out. This boss has very basic, predictable and avoidable patterns.

Volotaire

Will be building a whole new PC build later this year/early next year, and the 1080/1070 already meet my demands for a 1440p monitor. I don't think I will hop on the 4k train yet.

yami4ct

Bloodlines isn't even bad in an entertaining way like Simon's Quest or Castlevania 64. It's just so ugly and boring.

Didn't order a FE card. Got. EVGA GTX 1080 FTW edition (fucking dumb name...). Higher clock rate, better cooling and cheaper price than the FE. Won't have it for a couple of weeks but worth it.

EVGA makes good stuff. Got my 970 from them. Solid OCs with good coolers and good support programs if you need them. Though it won't be applicable to you, the fact they let you trade your card in and upgrade to the next level if you feel you want it within a certain timeframe is nice too.

Names are dumb, but that's pretty much all PC gaming hardware.

Man Vinny is going to be miserable when he gets to the actual hard parts of this game. The axes where you have to kneel at the exact right time are really difficult (and super broken).

mintyice

Anyone who doesn't have a Gsync monitor should get one. 27", 1440p, 165hz, and IPS. Strix 970 is running Overwatch on Epic at like 100 frames. It's great.

yami4ct

Anyone who doesn't have a Gsync monitor should get one. 27", 1440p, 165hz, and IPS. Strix 970 is running Overwatch on Epic at like 100 frames. It's great.

That sounds amazing, but I feel no reason to upgrade from my 1080p Dell IPS. The colors on that thing are damn good and really nice Gsync monitors cost more than I want to spend.

I'm certain it's amazing, but I'm fine with what I've got.

Is Bloodlines as bad as Castlevania 3? I can't watch it atm

Castlevania 3 isn't bad per se, it's just stupid hard. It was fun to watch. Bloodlines doesn't look as hard, it's just stupid and boring.

yami4ct

Yeah it's really bad. I swear people in this thread were saying that it's good and now I'm assuming that they were trolling.

As Austin mentioned, there are people out there who like this game.

I have to imagine they are just people that have deluded themselves into thinking picking the Genesis over the SNES was a good choice.

As Austin mentioned, there are people out there who like this game.

I have to imagine they are just people that have deluded themselves into thinking picking the Genesis over the SNES was a good choice.

I had both systems. This was a much better game than SCIV.

yami4ct

I had both systems. This was a much better game than SCIV.
Nah. SCIV is too easy, but this game is one of the worst Castlevanias I've seen. Bad levels, horrible art direction, visual gimmicks that only exist to frustrate players, stupid continue system that only exists to pad out the game's lite content, etc.

Nah. SCIV is too easy, but this game is one of the worst Castlevanias I've seen. Bad levels, horrible art direction, visual gimmicks that only exist to frustrate players, stupid continue system that only exists to pad out the game's lite content, etc.

See I disagree with every part of that. I can't believe he got this far, though.

Edit: I love this boss. It's fantastic.

Yeah that about covers it, I think I'd rather play Simon's Quest.

this boss is amazing

A console war so old, that I was not old enough to pick a side.

I'm not sure I even knew there were different video game consoles until the PS1/N64 era.

well let me break it down for you

there's the snes

and for people that don't give a shit about RPGs, there's the genesis

and for weirdos that want to play nothing but bonk and shmups, there's the TG16

yami4ct

Yeah that about covers it, I think I'd rather play Simon's Quest.

That stupid spinning tower 'camera' in that last boss fight is nigh unforgivable. It serves zero purpose other than artificially increasing the boss' difficulty by disorienting the player. Bad game design all around.

That stupid spinning tower 'camera' in that last boss fight is nigh unforgivable. It serves zero purpose other than artificially increasing the boss' difficulty by disorienting the player. Bad game design all around.

It was so good, though. So good. I can't tell if people are playing a joke on me or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom