• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Do you americans have sausage rolls? I know you are pretty limited in the savoury pasty department. I can see people saying "sausage roll? you mean like a lobster roll but with sausage? so a hotdog?".

Sakwoff

This is great. I remember bringing that "racy" PC Accelerator issue to school and reading it inside of my backpack because I was afraid a teacher would see the cover and confiscate it.

Man, we had a magazine here in Germany (PC Action) that for some reason at some point decided to have scantily clad cover girls on all of their issues. I had a subscription at the time. Was certainly awkward.

That shit so wouldn't fly these days. And I'm pretty glad that it doesn't.

(Contrary to what they probably hoped, I think it didn't help much with sales.)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Do you americans have sausage rolls? I know you are pretty limited in the savoury pasty department. I can see people saying "sausage roll? you mean like a lobster roll but with sausage? so a hotdog?".

In Texas there's a popular sausage/bread thing that they (apparently inaccurately) call kolache.

180s.jpg

Is that like a sausage roll?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also goddamnit I already figured out the solution of the first puzzle and they're stuck on it and now it's driving me crazy.

I'm not American, but I was really surprised last year to learn that they aren't a thing in America.

A pretty basic sausage roll:
oGXofd4.jpg

Less ordinary sausage rolls:
Yd4LGmK.jpg

The start of the quick look was almost stressful for a moment. :)

popo

lol, beaten like a dog.

In Texas there's a popular sausage/bread thing that they (apparently inaccurately) call kolache.

180s.jpg

Is that like a sausage roll?

I mean technically. Traditionally if would be pasty on the outside though and sausage meat inside.

104512070_greggs_337308c.jpg

Zaph

Oh those things.

We call those hot pockets. We've refined the idea.

No no no no

A hot pocket has nothing on a sausage roll - even a bad sausage roll.

A good pork and apple sausage roll is in a league of its own

pQvA9YY.jpg

edit: first snooker, and now sausage rolls - finally the Americans here are getting some culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom