• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Dawn of War 1 style or Dawn of War 2? I liked DoW2 but I couldn't eat another. What if DoW 3 is a Moba? think about it.

BS

Get Dan and Jeff in there with Drew and record it.

I love Eurovision but there's no chance in hell you're going to catch me watching it on a Tuesday night on my own when all the ridiculous gifs, memes and tweets are already halfway to the moon.

And I sure as hell amn't watching it twice!

Salarians

Sony just sent me yet another "thanks for finishing The Order" email. They sent one back in November and one early last year, when I actually finished the game.

Zaph

Battleborn sounds great

h2H0MMv.png

jaina

With all the time he put in, looks like Dan has to helm the quick look. If nobody else volunteers to play Battleborn.

Battleborn always seemed like such a forced thing. Almost hated it before I even played it because it seemed like it was being forced down my throat every time I turned around. I feel like whenever people were talking about all the moba style shooters blending together they were only ever talking about Battleborn because it seemed like it was the only one that was ever really even talked about even though it was only being talked about by gearbox.

Teddified

I've always thought peoples complaints about Borderlands 2 memes and such were overblown since that kind of "humor" doesn't bother me I guess(I'm of the mind that some jokes worked and some didn't and the ones that didn't never made me mad like other people get). But Battleborn certainty seems like something "special."

Zaph

I've always thought peoples complaints about Borderlands 2 memes and such were overblown since that kind of "humor" doesn't bother me I guess(I'm of the mind that some jokes worked and some didn't and the ones that didn't never made me mad like other people get). But Battleborn certainty seems like something "special."

Granted, I had the sound turned down for most of the game because we play using skype, but I didn't think it was that bad. And Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep had its moments.

Ryan's tweet still kills me though

DanRyckert

A good strange little man

Borderlands' humor never got too grating to me, outside of the Tina stuff. Battleborn is constant lame dialogue and jokes.

TraBuch

Banned
Alright guys, I'm almost finished editing my Harry Potter wrestling crossover one shot and I'll need you to go to ff.net and favorite, review and follow.

Salarians

I enjoyed the Battleborn beta but the humor and dialogue was something I learned to ignore. I also dislike most of the characters. And even the characters I actually like have some garbage, cringy lines.

Edit: I feel bad for Dan, going from UC4 to Battleborn...

Maiorum

I enjoyed the Battleborn beta but the humor and dialogue was something I learned to ignore. I also dislike most of the characters. And even the characters I actually like have some garbage, cringy lines.

Edit: I feel bad for Dan, going from UC4 to Battleborn...

Dan was playing UC4?

pizzacat

Banned
Scooter is the only likable character in that series. He may be obnoxious but he's the only one getting shit done. It's like when Vinny was talking about Mario in that cartoon, scooter is a good role model even though he's bad

Borderlands' humor never got too grating to me, outside of the Tina stuff. Battleborn is constant lame dialogue and jokes.

Yeah, Tiny Tina was a bit forced, but everything else while annoying was just background noise..and in Battleborn it seems like every character is a 'Tiny Tina' in that they need to stand out because everyones so loud.

I've always thought Borderlands was a bad game that just gets people who are easily swayed by LEWT

it was a decently fun co-op game with a decently-good loot system. Borderlands 2 was a decently fun co-op game with a pretty broken loot system. the issues start when you pay attention to what the game is actually giving you in regards to story, atmosphere, and characters.

I've never seen a comment that so decisively struck fear into me as a universe where everyone is Tiny Tina.

Well, Tiny Tina worked because she was a side character that wasn't around often so, it works. If Battleborn is Tiny Tina 24/7 then maaaan....On another note though, more people should try out Tales From The Borderlands if they want great writing.

justjim89

I wonder when the new t-shirt for 2016 will go up. My store code from renewing my membership has been burning a hole in my digital pocket.

TraBuch

Banned
I can't decide if I want to actually add in a wrestling scene, and if I do, should Harry and Quirrell wrestle as if it's real or should they constantly whisper to each other saying what to do next?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just did that thing again where I went most of the page unsure of which game was Overwatch and which was Battleborn. We need to collectively make an agreement to only talk about one of those games at any given time
I'm okay if the choice is Overwatch and the given time is always

I can't decide if I want to actually add in a wrestling scene, and if I do, should Harry and Quirrell wrestle as if it's real or should they constantly whisper to each other saying what to do next?

Some sort of nightmarish wizard mind control where they are using actual people as action figures to play out their wrestling fantasies probably would work best in a fan fiction setting. More ways to branch out for...specific tastes.

As they put out more games, I've increasingly agreed with the notion that Borderlands' success was a fluke for Gearbox.

But holy shit do I want a new Brothers in Arms game.

kiguel182

It should obviously be a work.

Also, there has to be a swerve!

TraBuch

Banned
For some reason, I've always wanted to write an absolute masterpiece fanfiction that thousands of people read and get invested in and then when I get to the final chapter, just write something like "And then a dragon swoops in out of nowhere and eats Voldemort. The end."

kiguel182

For some reason, I've always wanted to write an absolute masterpiece fanfiction that thousands of people read and get invested in and then when I get to the final chapter, just write something like "And then a dragon swoops in out of nowhere and eats Voldemort. The end."

Me too!

I've had the same idea for ages. Right this great compelling story that just ends in the most nonsensical way possible.

I couldn't pull it off but it would be glorious if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom