• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I thought snooker, billiards, and pool were all names for the same game.
In my defense I've played pool once.

English can be an overly nuanced language. I have heard numerous friends saying "want to play some billiards?" meaning pool. They know they mean pool and I know they mean pool - so why not just say pool?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm listening to an old beastcast where they're talking about the witness now, and has austin ever published that thing he planned to write about on The witness?

Lijik

I borrowed my friends copy of Spyro 3 as a teenager and my PS2 wouldnt read the disc despite it being fine. I decided to play it in an emulator which managed to read the disc but triggered the illegal copy message.
Some of the things I remember having to deal with were:
-being unable to save properly, so i had to use savestates
-having to replay several of the animal friend missions multiple times before they would count as completed (which you need to do to move onto the next hubworld) I never want to do the Sgt Byrd levels ever the fuck again.
-I never played much of the final world because some of the levels froze the game, and trying to fight the final boss would take me to the 100% reward room every time instead.

Strax

Mmm...

See I'm basing this off of nothing and just kind of expect people holding the CoD licence to be greedy.

So I'mma play it safe and hold off on any actual betting.

Chicken+McFly-BTTF.gif

Oooo the end of the Dangerous Golf Unfinished when he says they quit there jobs, pooled their life savings and made this game. Hopefully, my initial impression, this game is just them getting a feel for the tech before they work on the real project is correct because that game just doesn't look all that fun.

snucker

Does Jeff's pronunciation actually make sense to you Americans. As a british dude it literally sounds insane.

It probably sounds crazy if you've heard the UK version your whole life, but there's a logic behind our US version in that it's pronounced the same way as looker, booker, hooker, etc.

Teddified

I'm actually surprised at how much I like Nioh, I figured it'd just bounce off me I guess I'm a sucker for the samurai aesthetic.

Tubobutts

I'm actually surprised at how much I like Nioh, I figured it'd just bounce off me I guess I'm a sucker for the samurai aesthetic.
I started enjoying it a lot more once I got a purple spear and a bunch of good armor. I still occasionally do the same thing Austin was doing and try to attack like Dark Souls.

RE_Player

The new Call of Duty has been revealed. So anyone taking bets on Brad asking the question "Is this the year Call of Duty declines?" or something in that vain next podcast? I feel like he's been going strong since the first Black Ops.

I borrowed my friends copy of Spyro 3 as a teenager and my PS2 wouldnt read the disc despite it being fine. I decided to play it in an emulator which managed to read the disc but triggered the illegal copy message.
Some of the things I remember having to deal with were:
-being unable to save properly, so i had to use savestates
-having to replay several of the animal friend missions multiple times before they would count as completed (which you need to do to move onto the next hubworld) I never want to do the Sgt Byrd levels ever the fuck again.
-I never played much of the final world because some of the levels froze the game, and trying to fight the final boss would take me to the 100% reward room every time instead.

Damn, sounds like his copy was legit fucked. (You'd know if it was pirate, the disc art is always a right state)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom