• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw that Oculus is doing demos at Best Buy. And then I saw that the one closest to me is the only one any where nearby doing one. And then I saw you needed to reserve a time to demo it and I was like forget that. This is not the way to get the uninformed public to understand your product. I would've maybe tried it if I went to my Best Buy and was able to walk up to a kiosk and try it while it was shopping for something (maybe to pick up Uncharted 4). I would assume most of the public would be the same. Most people are not going to go out of their way to try it, especially if they have no idea what it is exactly. I think the people who will reserve a spot (or even know to) are people who have been following VR developments. I just think it will be a hassle for most people.

New Giantbomb employe Christian is already hard at work

Chd6yFRU8AAzOC3.jpg:large

Good shit.

I'm actually surprised at how much I like Nioh, I figured it'd just bounce off me I guess I'm a sucker for the samurai aesthetic.

Yes, I'm still playing it but only because I love the world and it reminds me of Onimusha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's so weird when the most mundane memories attaches themselves to the media you're consuming.

"Oh, I was buying an optical cable when I was listening to this part of the beastcast."

Coming holiday 2016
Breaking Brad: Mile High Club Remastered
Yes.
I actually cant wait to play COD4 again
Yes
The dominos app told me and I thought I had notifications turned off.
Ah, okay.
Windows Phone app doesn't do push notifications. (I did this to myself.)
COD4 is getting remastered? That's weird.
Can't believe it took this long
It's so good to be back in Overwatch
Have not played but might try open beta. I like TF2 and shit.

Daniel on Battleborn.

Ostinatto

I'm watching the last UPF, and Rorie said he was going to talk about the Blizzard/Nostalrius situation tomorrow (last saturday), where is that material? thanks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Overwatch is so good that I feel bad for Stardew Valley because it'd probably be my GOTY in any other year where Overwatch wasn't coming out

The most beautiful way developers have screwed with pirates is still Game Dev Tycoon, a game about making games. If you had a pirated copy, it was impossible to make a profit, because all your games got pirated too much. Then people went on forums to complain about this injustice, asking questions like "Can I research a DRM or something??"

2476123-2552758114-steam.png

XcGcnxRl.jpg

yami4ct

Blizzard seems to have really hit something with Overwatch. Good for them. Glad people are digging it. I have zero interest in any competitive shooter that isn't Splatoon, but it's cool to see one that people are getting really pumped over.

Ads are getting real, real obnoxious, though. Combination of being slightly annoying to begin with and played over and over and over.

Ketch

The most beautiful way developers have screwed with pirates is still Game Dev Tycoon, a game about making games. If you had a pirated copy, it was impossible to make a profit, because all your games got pirated too much. Then people went on forums to complain about this injustice, asking questions like "Can I research a DRM or something??"

2476123-2552758114-steam.png

XcGcnxRl.jpg

this is amazing! fuck pirates, cheaters, and thiefs

Anjin M

I really wish I liked competitive shooters. Overwatch looks so good, but I bounced clean off the beta. :(

In other news, I am reminded of why I never leave this thread. Thought I'd check out the latest review thread... Never again.

I really wish I liked competitive shooters. Overwatch looks so good, but I bounced clean off the beta. :(

In other news, I am reminded of why I never leave this thread. Thought I'd check out the latest review thread... Never again.

review threads are special

But it's only once a year it seems that we get a review thread akin to The Order 1886. That was special. I kinda wish the latest review thread for the latest hit from the big studio would have a review thread like the Order.

Alas, I dream too big.

Ketch

I just saw that Oculus is doing demos at Best Buy. And then I saw that the one closest to me is the only one any where nearby doing one. And then I saw you needed to reserve a time to demo it and I was like forget that. This is not the way to get the uninformed public to understand your product. I would've maybe tried it if I went to my Best Buy and was able to walk up to a kiosk and try it while it was shopping for something (maybe to pick up Uncharted 4). I would assume most of the public would be the same. Most people are not going to go out of their way to try it, especially if they have no idea what it is exactly. I think the people who will reserve a spot (or even know to) are people who have been following VR developments. I just think it will be a hassle for most people.

If nobody's making appointments you could probably just walk in and make an appointment for right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Digging around a little makes it seem it might work but you might need to connect to EU servers to play it, so it's up to you if you want to give it a shot.

Nah, might as well give it to someone who can get a better experience. Got it preordered already anyway.

Cheers for the offer though.

oh man, Gawker's being sued by Hogan again

don't think he's as likely to win this one, though

but there's always the rubber match to worry about

popo

I can see why you might pronounce it as snucker. If you had never heard the word before.

But

What is it with you yanks pronouncing Twat as Twot? Makes be cringe every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom