• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Battleborn sounds great

h2H0MMv.png

Not surprised, but I also think Borderlands is very mediocre.

mintyice

Overwatch feels like the actual direction TF2 should have gone in instead of weapon bloat up the ass.

Except the MOBA elements, abilitiy cooldowns, and long respawn times slow Overwatch down too much.

The weapon bloat in TF2 is fine when you realize the base weapons are still the best anyway. It's smart that they are all sidegrades instead of obvious upgrades.

Jebusman

Banned
Except the MOBA elements, abilitiy cooldowns, and long respawn times slow Overwatch down too much.

The weapon bloat in TF2 is fine when you realize the base weapons are still the best anyway. It's smart that they are all sidegrades instead of obvious upgrades.

When they were first introduced they were straight upgrades. At least in the earlier days when you still got them from doing the achievements. It took awhile before they started adding enough downsides to make them actual "options" rather than "requirements".

I too thought Borderlands was completely average. There was nothing wrong with it but I didn't enjoy it as much as others.

Doubt I will touch Battleborn.

Berna

When they were first introduced they were straight upgrades. At least in the earlier days when you still got them from doing the achievements. It took awhile before they started adding enough downsides to make them actual "options" rather than "requirements".

No, TF2 unlockables always had downsides since their first iteration (with the Gold Rush Update). For example, the Kritzkrieg upon launch was "worse" than current Kritzkrieg, since it didn't have the faster charge rate that made it more viable.

(also Hi GBGAF?)

Patryn

I love Borderlands, but I have zero interest in multiplayer games. If that doesn't make sense, just know that I always play Borderlands single-player and prefer it that way.

Battleborn has never held any interest to me. I understand why Gearbox made it, but it's not anything I ever see myself playing or touching.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I might have been interested in Battleborn if Gearbox had realised that they are just not funny and should stop attempting to be funny.

That penguin in the mech suit might actually be worse than Tiny Tina. It is the most Hot-Topic-ass, middle-school-kid-with-Invader-Zim-backpack-ass thing I've seen in a video game.

So I'm watching the Lobby

And they're showing Battleborn footage

And looking at it in full screen

It's the first game that I've thought 'Looking at this is hurting my eyes'

Jesus fuck those flashes are not cool. Like, they're showing a melee character, and everytime he hits something it flashes with a light that fills the screen and fuck everything.

robotrock

Banned
They did a mother's day sale last year and I should have realized they'd do it again this year.

Mother's Day is sunday btw for my US folk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom