• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

The Agents of Mayhem trailer didn't do much for me, except for the boss lady at the end. I'd like to know more about her.

Doubt they`re starting the live podcast before E3.
I'm kinda hoping you're wrong so that Emcee has a reason to rename the thread again.

santeesioux

I'm not trying to troll here, but did anyone even want another Watch Dogs? It seemed like one of the most flat new IPs I've seen in a while.

FStop7

Banned
That new Volition game is headed straight to the discount bin next to Battleborn, Sunset Overdrive and Fortnight. Did Fortnight ever even come out?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So today we got a new trailer for Horizon and Yooka-Laylee, a Watch-Dogs Teaser with a full reveal in 2 days and the announcement of Saint Battlerows.
Is everybody just going to show all their games a week before E3 now? Is this right now the actual E3?

I'm not trying to troll here, but did anyone even want another Watch Dogs? It seemed like one of the most flat new IPs I've seen in a while.

The game sold at least 10 million copies.

MG310

Yeah, Watch Dogs still has potential. I enjoyed most of the on-foot parts of it as well as doing some of the side activities. Put a bullet in Aidan Pearce's head or at least acknowledge that he is basically The Punisher with a cell phone and they'd be off to a good start.

Though if we had get another stealth-shooter out of Ubisoft I would 100% prefer that they iterate on Splinter Cell Blacklist.

I really enjoyed the combat in Watch Dogs but everything around that was terrible.

It could be really cool if they nail it because I could dick around being a hack ghost forever.

Watch Dogs wasn't great but there's at least a kernel of a reasonably fun idea there. I had fun jumping between cameras and detonating/electrifying dudes before a firefight.

Having a hack button is cool in Syndicate. Watch_dogs should go wild with its hack button. Literally hack the world.

What should I do to my ps4 when I eventually get Neo for Horizon or Ni-oh

I was about to say, unironically, to use it as a streaming box for your Neo games. But that doesn't make any sense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like I didn't think it was possible, but I think ubisoft alone has killed all of my enthusiasm for open world games.

Megasoum

Banned
I really liked Dead Rising 3 but I started making that super overpowered weapon that totally broke the game for me and removed all the fun and challenge. I never finished because of that.

Aaron

Man, I really didn't like DR3. And I was a huge DR2 defender at the time.
By some strange chance, I started replaying DR3 last week after previously hating it, and I've come around on it. It's a different beast than the previous games, and the story is garbage, but the city has a nice design to it that's fun to go from mission to mission through from combo car to on foot. I'd be happy with another in a similar style with a story that's not as throwaway.

I've played a lot of games this year, but I've yet to play one that came out in 2016. There just isn't anything that feels like a must-play to me.

LiK

Yes, I did. I enjoyed the first Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2 could be fantastic if it addresses the issues of the first game.

me too, loved the first game. the gunplay was exceptional and hacking to make traps was fun. if they do a better story, it would be amazing.

I really liked Dead Rising 3 but I started making that super overpowered weapon that totally broke the game for me and removed all the fun and challenge. I never finished because of that.

One of the funnest and funniest co-op experiences for sure. Me and my cousin straight demolished that game in 5-6 hours excluding side missions. Really can't wait for a new one.

Salarians

Mirror's Edge 2 might be a bust but I'm sure Shenmue 3, FFVersus XIII XV, FFVIIR, Yooka-Laylee, The Last Guardian, and Psychonauts 2 will all be incredible.

It's sad to see each passing Volition game move further and further away from the things that made Saints Row 2 one of my favorite games ever made.

We're never going to get a Saint's Row 2 sequel

It's just always going to be this lame, corny, memey wacky over the top shit going forward, isn't it?

Them being in on the joke is maybe the worst thing to happen to the series.

Salarians

dQIeA36.jpg

At least the original still exists.

I mean, I'm as surprised no indie dev tried to recreate it's gameplay...at least not well. The world and Faith I can take or leave. There's something quite like the parkour play forming of it.

Mirror's Edge 2 might be a bust but I'm sure Shenmue 3, FFVersus XIII XV, FFVIIR, Yooka-Laylee, The Last Guardian, and Psychonauts 2 will all be incredible.

DOOM happened. Hope again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm hoping Blizzard rips off For Honor next because i love the idea of it, but I don't trust Ubisoft to maintain it AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom