• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

I'm not trying to troll here, but did anyone even want another Watch Dogs? It seemed like one of the most flat new IPs I've seen in a while.

I would, if they steered more heavily into the hacking the world aspect and basically made it so that you almost never carried a weapon.

Think a stealth game where you're stalking people not to kill them, but to hack into their stuff and then air their dirty laundry to the world around us.

And had a likable lead character.

Lijik

are we doing that thing again where everyone pretends saints row 2 wasnt sold as "We're making Saints Row balls to the wall over the top!!" in every article and paved the path for 3/4

Like yall want to bend reality itself just to distance the one you like better.

New Mirrors Edge looks like it would have been real cool if it released 5 years ago and was a Ps360 game.

Now? I dunno man.

And I platinum'd the first game and 100%'d it again on PC years later

FluxWaveZ

are we doing that thing again where everyone pretends saints row 2 wasnt sold as "We're making Saints Row balls to the wall over the top!!" in every article and paved the path for 3/4

Like yall want to bend reality itself just to distance the one you like better.

I wasn't following media and PR for the game prior to its release, but that has no consequence on the final product. Saints Row 2 is the favorite game of a significant portion of fans of that series because of how well it balanced its absurdity with its more grounded and emotional moments. Better use of black humor, too, and it was the last depiction of Boss prior to them making him more of a goofball rather than a psychopath (barring one of the SR4 time travel moments).

Myggen

Bombcast thread in gaming sure is full of great things.

r5gRYEr.png

listening to danswers and oh my god greg's first chemo experience sounds horrifying

Yeah.

Thought I might give Danswers a go this week since I like Greg but I aint got the fortitude to deal with cancer talk.

I know too many people hit by the big C the last few years.

yami4ct

Of course SE finally decides to announce FFXII HD just as I put significant time into the original. Think I'll drop it where I'm at and pick it up when the remaster gets released. Guess that means it might be time to finally jump back into FFX HD once I finish up with The Witcher? We'll see.

Initial screenshots of FFXII HD look nice, but I do wish they would have touched up the character models a bit. The thing I noticed the most playing that game emulated and upresed was how flat and undefined the eyes were and that's still present here. A little more color to make them pop and the entire facial model would've looked way better.

Also, fantastic announcement of Dual Audio. Now I can turn off that terrible English VA. There are 2 performances in the english cast worthwhile, but it's not worth stomping through the crap for.

No Vita version is sad, but I can't say it's too unexpected. Hopefully that means they're doing more work to it than the Vita can handle. I'm also shocked to see this announced before E3. This feels like a Sony Press Conference reveal. Hopefully that means SE and Sony have enough to show that they just couldn't fit it in.

every article about the game was how they were going over the top compared to the original, if you want to play cherry picking and meaningless movie metaphors fine but come the fuck on dude they were in in the joke from the jump.

there's a fine line between "we have goofy side-missions" and "you fight the final boss on mars"

saints row 2 knew the balance to strike and the third pissed all over it

This episode of Danswers is quite good.

I connected with a lot of what they were talking about, in particular Danny' s drinking and what caused him to stop. I was very similar situation, and it's always nice to learn that you're not alone.

I don't see the new podcast format as a big deal at all. It's one of those things you'll catch live if you're around when it's on and if not, get it later like normal. A nice extra but it was barely worthy of a new thread never mind 7 pages of analysis.

Also re: last year's E3, the biggest problem was that they had laptops in front of them and were distracted from the press conferences themselves, leading to the dry/slow/bored nature of their commentary, not that they are jaded.

When they cover distant pressers from the studio it's much better and you get stuff like that WiLD trailer reaction. They really need to ditch the laptops for this E3.

Myggen

I don't see the new podcast format as a big deal at all. It's one of those things you'll catch live if you're around when it's on and if not, get it later like normal. A nice extra but it was barely worthy of a new thread never mind 7 pages of analysis.

Also re: last year's E3, the biggest problem was that they had laptops in front of them and were distracted from the press conferences themselves, leading to the dry/slow/bored nature of their commentary, not that they are jaded.

When they cover distant pressers from the studio it's much better and you get stuff like that WiLD trailer reaction. They really need to ditch the laptops for this E3.

Probably the biggest gaming podcast in the world soon being filmed and live streamed is without a doubt threadworthy. Whether there`s much analysis going on is another question.

Someone mentioned that Jeff confirmed a good while ago on Tumblr or something like that that they would not have more than one laptop in the room this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom